• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Talisker
    • Mar 2019
    • Victoria

Provent 200 Install problems/Questions

I went to install a provent 200 kit designed for my NW today and I wasnt happy with where the hoses go.
    1/I couldn't find a great way to route the drain hose, the exhaust to the rear seemed to create an issue and then the steering column/universal seems to also be something you would have to keep the hose away from in the end I could not find an ideal place let alone like the one specified in the instructions to put the drain hose
    2/The hose that's reused from them rocker cover when attached to the catch can via the provided short hose had a kink in it that no matter which way I routed things I could not get out. If I shorten the hose joiner provided, it would help but can't believe this is a model specific kit were cutting a supplied hose should be necessary.

In the end I pulled everything out an decided to see what people have done on the forum if anyone else had these issues and if someone could please send me photos on how the drain hose is routed and how that crankcase hose seems to go, maybe the little kink is ok but not the way I like to do things. A pic of the crankcase hose is attached.

Note as per instructions I did rotate the body of the provent 2 clicks clockwise.
    Attached Files
  • HeavyPizzaz
    Valued Member
    • May 2017
    • Sydney

Sounds like you got the Western Filters kit like I did.

See my Post Number #43 onwards and specifically Vlad’s helpful response and photo.

As for the kink in the hose, shortening the factory hose and rotating the filter a bit sorta that out. My kink is now gone. I shortened it a bit but when it was in there for something else my mechanic shortened it a little more.

Comment

• Talisker
      • Mar 2019
      • Victoria

Originally posted by HeavyPizzaz View Post
      Sounds like you got the Western Filters kit like I did.

See my Post Number #43 onwards and specifically Vlad’s helpful response and photo.

As for the kink in the hose, shortening the factory hose and rotating the filter a bit sorta that out. My kink is now gone. I shortened it a bit but when it was in there for something else my mechanic shortened it a little more.
      Thanks the photo Vlad had will help , bummer that you need to gut hoses but does seem the only way.
      Many Thanks

Comment

• Seigried
        Valued Member
        • Apr 2016
        • brisbane

Buy some fuel hose that has the same internal diameter as the provent in side. 22mm from memory. Then get a 22 to 19mm reducer and fit these to the factory hose. With a bit of fiddling you can remove the kink without cutting it down. At least i was able to. My bracket however was diy.

Also the drain hose can be routed under the air filter

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Comment

• Talisker
          • Mar 2019
          • Victoria

Thanks Seigried I will have a look at getting the fuel hose an adapter although probably just does what the Provent parts do I think although maybe the adapter plus fuel hose could be made shorter. If you made your own bracket you may have had the std kit not an NW specific one which I have to say looking at the bracket and the bits that come with the NW kit I am not sure its worth the extra.
          Cheers

Comment

• jkwpajero
            • Jun 2008
            • Young, NSW

I used the Western Filters kit, and they generously gave me a number of hoses to use. I ended up with a bit of a combo I sourced. I wound up biting the bullet and trimming the top engine cover. It all fits well and more importantly, it works. The drain hose is routed under the air cleaner bracket and has a tap to drain it near the headlight. Pics here under my user name. https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...ad.php?t=59322

James
            2014 NW VR-X, with a few modifications and an Automate fitted Driving Pajero number three.

Comment

• NJV6
              Valued Member
              • Sep 2010
              • New Zealand

Has anyone put one of these is the recommended spot with a safari snorkel which moves the air box rearwards?
              I’m struggling to see if it will fit....
              1994 NJ SWB, 3.5 Manual, 285/75/16 Deegan 38s MT, 25mm body lift, Twin ARB air lockers, XD9000 winch, custom bar.
              1991 NH LWB, 3.9 V8, trayback, solid front axle, Toyota hi mount winch
              2011 NT GLX DiD, 3.2 Manual, 285/65/17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W, SPV EGR, Lovells SD rear, HD front, Bilsteins, Custom underbody protection, Safari Snorkel, JTig intercooler and loads of zip ties in the dash...

Comment

• Seigried
                Valued Member
                • Apr 2016
                • brisbane

Originally posted by Talisker View Post
                Thanks Seigried I will have a look at getting the fuel hose an adapter although probably just does what the Provent parts do I think although maybe the adapter plus fuel hose could be made shorter. If you made your own bracket you may have had the std kit not an NW specific one which I have to say looking at the bracket and the bits that come with the NW kit I am not sure its worth the extra.
                Cheers
                I got everthing i needed except fuel hose and bracket from Brisbane filters at Brendale. The bracket is made from modified black brackets from bunnings. I used raceworks 22mm i.d. braided fuel lines. Because i made my brackets i was able to posistion the can far enough from the engine to remove the kink from the factory hose.

My drain hose runs under my airbox and sits tucked up unless its being used to drain the can.

Both of my cars run the same bracket and drain hose setup. The NS has had the factory hose cut down, i wasnt happy with the end result and will probably tidy it up in the future.

Draining is easy with no need to get under the car. Only need to put a container down low next to the radiator and drain

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Comment

• Talisker
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Victoria

Many thanks Seigried. The photos are a great help.
                  Cheers

Comment

• kblof
                    • Apr 2017
                    • Radelaide

Originally posted by NJV6 View Post
                    Has anyone put one of these is the recommended spot with a safari snorkel which moves the air box rearwards?
                    I’m struggling to see if it will fit....
                    Hi NJV6
                    below is the link (post 17) to where and how i mounted mine with the safari snorkel, it was made with some galv from Bunnings bent to fit onto one of the bolt for the air box and attach to the side wall.
                    2011 NT Pajero| DID

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X