Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-3 Pajero

Generation 4-3 Pajero NW model 2011 - 2014

Old 04-11-19
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellz View Post
Well...
I had the auto transmission oil temperature warning two times yesterday in short succession while driving my 3.8L petrol SWB out of a canyon climbing 1500m. Not towing. I was in normal drive and 4HLc. No sport mode (manual mode). It was around 40C outside. The engine temp gauge (in the dash) showed dead on same as usual, exact center. Aircon was also running fine.

Once over the mountain with two cooling down stops I had no warnings any more. Way home 3h over motorway at 120km/h eveything back to normal.

Any advice? No mods to the system.
You say ď No sport mode (manual mode)Ē
Does this mean you used the transmission DRIVE mode for the climb?
If so, youíll find youíve done most of the climb in 3rd gear. This causes a lot of torque converter slippage and the heat. My advice is next time use SPORT mode in 2nd, or 1st gear to reduce the load on the torque converter.
2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BFG 265/65R18 | ARB BBar | OME 2" lift | Airbags | Safari snorkel | GME 3510WS UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | TPMS | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles & paddle-mate | auto-mate
2016 LC200 Sahara V8 Diesel,Lots of Mods
RETIRED 2003 NP Exceed 3.2 DiD Lots of mods
Build thread

Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate now available
Old 04-11-19
Valued Member

Would Lockup Mate for Jatco auto in the CRD 2.5 Challenger/Triton 131kW/350Nm work on the 3.8 EFI 3.8 182kW/329Nm engine since they have the same Jatco auto?

Suspect Auto Mate might change gears too early even with offset adjustment at level 10.

Would need to do some more research on gear and diff ratios as well as AT ECU wiring.

OJ.
2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Nightbreaker +130LB & Phillips +100 HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .
Old 04-11-19

Default transmission cooler

Gidday Marshall,
Yes I have your automate on my list, champ. As I haven't, to date, had any issues or seen real high temps I'm probably just playing for now, but I'll no doubt be in touch one day soon. I've watched your video and read as much as I can and I'm very keen.
thanks Andy
Old 04-11-19

Well, all fluids are fine. ATF is little bit on the higher side, cold and hot.
Still get that gurgling sound initially when going from idling to, let's say 3000rpm. Once I am past the first gurgling then there is nothing (I think so). Even when hot this is still the case. But I think it's only when car is stationary and I accelerate. When the car is rolling / idling in drive D and I press the accelaerator I don't think I hear it (but can be wrong due to higher ambient sound levels from rolling).

Can too high level of ATF make this sound? The ATF on the dipstick is nice and red transparent (new one).

I have no good shops around... The downside of working in the middle-east...
Old 04-11-19

Default ATF oil

Gidday Kellz
I dont know a lot about the gurgling sound your troubled by but I've read that there was a fuel tank issue that could have fuel moving through baffles that caused a bump/noise. Perhaps a couple of extra litres of fuel might change the outcome, maybe, maybe not.
Andy
Old 04-11-19

Default ATF oil

Gidday Marshall,
can I ask a question re the automate instal. Battery is disconnected, when removing, lifting the centre console cover away to fit the harness to the gear shift electrics, the instructions suggest moving the gear lever to Neutral and 4x4 lever to 4h locked. Can this be done with the ignition in the locked position and battery disconnected and if not, is turning the ignition to on an issue with the AT ECU wires cut and or soldered.
thanks Andy
Old 05-11-19
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy Andy View Post
Gidday Marshall,
can I ask a question re the automate instal. Battery is disconnected, when removing, lifting the centre console cover away to fit the harness to the gear shift electrics, the instructions suggest moving the gear lever to Neutral and 4x4 lever to 4h locked. Can this be done with the ignition in the locked position and battery disconnected and if not, is turning the ignition to on an issue with the AT ECU wires cut and or soldered.
thanks Andy
In the NT, NW you can move the shift lever without power. In the NX there is a brake interlock and key interlock. You need to shift the lever out of park with ign power on, and then disconnect the battery. You canít take the key out unless in park too.
Turning ignition on with wires cut will cause code P2764. Can be reset after all put back together. You want to be sure the ECU wires are protected if you apply power.

Disconnecting battery will also cause the ASC orange light to come on. This will disappear after a short drive.
2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BFG 265/65R18 | ARB BBar | OME 2" lift | Airbags | Safari snorkel | GME 3510WS UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | TPMS | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles & paddle-mate | auto-mate
Build thread

Old 05-11-19
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_and_m View Post
In the NT, NW you can move the shift lever without power. In the NX there is a brake interlock and key interlock. You need to shift the lever out of park with ign power on, and then disconnect the battery. You canít take the key out unless in park too.
Turning ignition on with wires cut will cause code P2764. Can be reset after all put back together. You want to be sure the ECU wires are protected if you apply power.

Disconnecting battery will also cause the ASC orange light to come on. This will disappear after a short drive.
They must have added the interlock part way through the NW, as my 2013 NW MY13 VRX had this feature - I remember it well, as I couldn't work out why it wouldn't shift out of P when I stopped on the way home from collecting it, as I wasn't pushing the brake pedal firmly enough! (I think it was added for the MY13)
Old 05-11-19
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spot01 View Post
They must have added the interlock part way through the NW, as my 2013 NW MY13 VRX had this feature - I remember it well, as I couldn't work out why it wouldn't shift out of P when I stopped on the way home from collecting it, as I wasn't pushing the brake pedal firmly enough! (I think it was added for the MY13)
Yeah, you might be right. Just spent a week testing using my mates MY12 and it didn't have it the interlock.
I also had that issue with my '16 NX when new - gotta learn to press the brake pedal pretty firmly.
Build thread

Old 06-11-19

Default transmission cooler

Thanks Marshall,
My NW has the interlock but your tips will be put under R for remember, I'll be in touch
Andy