Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Pajero Sport > Pajero Sport QF 2019 -

Old 10-09-19
Valued Member

Default 2022 Pajero Sport QG? and Triton Hybrid

https://www.carsales.com.au/editoria...e-rank-120440/
2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Nightbreaker +130LB & Phillips +100 HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .
Old 11-09-19

v6 cummins for me...Mmmmmm

NOW - 2016 MQ Triton Exceed - All the TJM fruit re barwork and suspension, TJM canopy, twin diff locks OEM rear and Harrop front, breathers, rhinorack, eco foxwing
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by old Jack View Post
Interesting, unfortunately the PEV uses a rubber band transmission which would last 5 minutes if towing a digger etc. So hopefully they will develope PEV with a proper Auto.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk
Old 4 Weeks Ago

By 2030 I think this type of technology like it or not will be more the norm than not?
It appears that is the way the market is heading & no one really knows??

But the biggy that plays on my mind is, buying todays technology currently which can easily last 10 to 15 years depending on your useage takes ownership through to 2030/ 2035's.

What will the re-sale value of that vehicle be or is it destine for the scrap heap due to cost of ownership/ fuel by then which will weigh on re-sale values?
Could make current technology highly sort after as well

One saving grace is I suppose as trucks use diesel, at least the fuel should still be available, although at what cost it remains to be seen?

The other reality is the good old government still requires their pound of flesh, fuel at the moment they make billions 43 + cents excise + GST must take that too high 0.50 cents per litre earn & somehow or rather will do the same out of new technology vehicles in the long term or be n our pockets another way??

Interesting times alright
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Jasonmc73
Good points. Can these new diesels run on coconut oil? May be the answer.

The worst thing about any hybrid is the reliance on ICE technology and this seems odd to me. I loved the economy test Topgear did on comparing a Toyota Prias with the BMW M5 silly I know but also enlightening. If I was towing my tractor with a hybrid there is a strong likelihood that my PS will use less fuel than a Outlander PHEV and with less wear and tear. I use these two for obvious reasons but also because I was thinking of buying a PHEV till I read it used the CVT.
CHEERS

Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvll.mrrs View Post
Jasonmc73
I was thinking of buying a PHEV till I read it used the CVT.
CHEERS

Outlander PHEV use a electric motor in the front and the rear to drive the vehicle
they don't have a CVT
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Thats news oh well not what I was led to believe. Not that it matters to me. Thanks for that though.

Old 4 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Correct, no CVT on the PHEV.

The future for 4wds is Hybrid Electric. DC electric hub motors on each wheel so no diffs, gearboxes or transfer cases, just a small internal combustion engine working at peak efficiency, driving an electric generator supplying a high capacity battery and the hub motors. Regenerating brakes will recover some of the energy loses associated with braking.

DC motors produce huge amounts of torque so moving heavy load is not a problem, this is what diesel/electric locomotives and huge mining trucks have.
DC motors fitted to sports cars are the quickest accelerating production vehicles.

I have had an Outlander PHEV as a loan car several times and have been very impressed with the technology, drive experience and the fuel economy. If I needed an AWD family wagon this would be on the top of my shopping list. If I need a mid size hatchbak then the Toyota Prus C would be my choice and a family sedan would be the Camry Hybrid.

OJ.
2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Nightbreaker +130LB & Phillips +100 HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by old Jack View Post
Correct, no CVT on the PHEV.

The future for 4wds is Hybrid Electric. DC electric hub motors on each wheel so no diffs, gearboxes or transfer cases, just a small internal combustion engine working at peak efficiency, driving an electric generator supplying a high capacity battery and the hub motors...
DC motors produce huge amounts of torque so moving heavy load is not a problem, this is what diesel/electric locomotives and huge mining trucks have.
DC motors fitted to sports cars are the quickest accelerating production vehicles.
Hub motors don't have enough torque for automotive use, and the higher torque designs tend to be speed restricted. Also they increase unsprung weight significantly. Electric motors still tend to need gears. For instance, the Tesla Model S has a 10:1 reduction.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pajeromack View Post
Hub motors don't have enough torque for automotive use, and the higher torque designs tend to be speed restricted. Also they increase unsprung weight significantly. Electric motors still tend to need gears. For instance, the Tesla Model S has a 10:1 reduction.
Have a look at the Rivian RS1

https://rivian.com/r1s/

Ford have Hybrid and full electric version of the F150 ute and Explorer coming.
https://www.motor1.com/news/368920/f...electric-2021/

OJ.

Last edited by old Jack; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:21 PM.