Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Challenger > PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014

PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014 Covering 2.5 HP diesel

Old 08-06-18

Quote:
Originally Posted by greig View Post
Normally if you weren't towing or running it hard in high daytime temps, it would point to a sticking thermostat, especially if it's random.
Very unusual if they in fact did change the thermostat before ?
Cheers for the reply greig, yeh i half wondered if they did a crappy install of the thermostat, but after reassess they said all fine... So ill have to wait and see.
Old 08-06-18

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleriver View Post
Also in the morning dead cold (before start) .. open radiator cap .. should not be pressurized ..

Yeh will do - i mentioned radiator cap to mechanic and he seemed to think that was the earlier models, but it never hurts to double check!
Old 08-06-18

Littleriver, mine is September 2010 build. Has anyone got the written procedure for the cooling system service campaign. They never told me about needing it 3 times, but they did have it over night.
1992 NH GLX, 2.5L TD. Tough Dog lift 2", Alpine Engineering IFS mod kit, DieselGas, Piranha dual battery, ARB bar with Warn M8000, Outlander roof rack & boat rollers, 10ft tinny with 6hp, GME TX4000 UHF & Electophone SSB CB, custom fridge slide & false floor, window tint & Airflow snorkel.
Old 08-06-18
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
Littleriver, mine is September 2010 build. Has anyone got the written procedure for the cooling system service campaign. They never told me about needing it 3 times, but they did have it over night.
Procedure is detailed at Post #81 here:
(plenty of bedtime reading there!).

https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...mpaign&page=41
Old 10-06-18

Quote:

From an old post "Mine skipped the 1st step of replacing the radiator cap. 2nd step was to fill cooling system and run at 4000 RPM for 30 min, mine failed this test. Next step was to remove head and check for warp and cracks. This test was passed. Next step was to inspect the cylinders for pitting or evidence of water damage. Pitting was found and photo's sent to MMA."
MY10 PB XLS auto, MML alloy bullbar, Dobinsons suspension 2" lift, Bushskinz plates, ARB aluminium roof rack, 2nd battery in rear guard, MML towbar, BFG A/T tyres, Clearview mirrors, 80 ch UHF, WaterWatch alarm, AutoMate, Steinbaur chip etc.
Old 10-06-18

Peter, what do you mean by yours "failed this test"? Did it trigger CEL? Blow up? Or was there some before and after pressure readings too high?
1992 NH GLX, 2.5L TD. Tough Dog lift 2", Alpine Engineering IFS mod kit, DieselGas, Piranha dual battery, ARB bar with Warn M8000, Outlander roof rack & boat rollers, 10ft tinny with 6hp, GME TX4000 UHF & Electophone SSB CB, custom fridge slide & false floor, window tint & Airflow snorkel.
Old 10-06-18
Valued Member

Quote:
Peter, what do you mean by yours "failed this test"? Did it trigger CEL? Blow up? Or was there some before and after pressure readings too high?
what I remember they watch the coolant levels rising and falling ... there are certain levels (mm) in the coolant overflow reservoir they are watching ... (it's like a flow chart they go by) ...

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) - OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch front #plate light bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T,Dash cam, 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap
Old 11-06-18

If there is a flow chart they go by during the procedure, does that mean they should be documenting results?
Old 11-06-18
Valued Member

Quote:
If there is a flow chart they go by during the procedure, does that mean they should be documenting results?
Yes they documented all results.. although when asked for a copy of the flow chart they would not hand it over ..

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) - OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch front #plate light bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T,Dash cam, 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap
Old 13-06-18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelj15 View Post
Yeh will do - i mentioned radiator cap to mechanic and he seemed to think that was the earlier models, but it never hurts to double check!
had a look this morning - no pressure from what i could tell. Here is a pic of the cap too.

IMG_6020.jpg