Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-2 Pajero

Generation 4-2 Pajero NT model 2009 - 2011

Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by spot01 View Post
How many kms on the car?.
290600Km
2010 NT GLS, ARB Deluxe winch bar, GME TX3540 UHF, TJM battery tray, DBA T3 Disc's, Front & Rear Harop E-Lokers, AAA rear draw system, Anderson connector for AUX power, kumho mt51 265 / 70 / R 17, Bushskinz sliders and Intercooler/Sump/Transmition/Transfer case Bash Plates, Bilstein/Dobinson combo, 2x2m austrack-deluxe-vehicle-awning, Airtec Snorkel, Wetseat Covers front /rear + centre console cover, SPV EGR MOD Mk3.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by martialllaw View Post
290600Km
Ok, so it's only mid-life, but it's in the range where people have had viscous fan clutch issues develop - I hate replacing things unless sure they are the cause, but these clutches seem to be difficult to diagnose properly due to their "fluid" nature - there are quite a few threads on them if you want to read up on them.
Old 3 Weeks Ago

I just had exactly the same experience, have not taken the van away for a while 2.5T, done the gap a few times no problem. Yesterday headed off and when we hit the highway started offer heating, so much Aircon shut off. Checked fluids, Fan, Etc, no problems. It would only take 5 min to overheat at highway speed but slow or stopped would cool back down a bit.
Pulled radiator out and found at least 40% blocked channels, as well as plenty of rubbish externally. decided to put whole new unit is as plastic tanks don,t take the heat too well and have done 180k.

Doing test run tomorrow and will let you know.
Old 3 Weeks Ago

All good, drove up our mountain with a passion and needle only just moved so radiators can get blocked, could have solved with rodding but decided on all new.
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIAB View Post
I just had exactly the same experience, have not taken the van away for a while 2.5T, done the gap a few times no problem. Yesterday headed off and when we hit the highway started offer heating, so much Aircon shut off. Checked fluids, Fan, Etc, no problems. It would only take 5 min to overheat at highway speed but slow or stopped would cool back down a bit.
Pulled radiator out and found at least 40% blocked channels, as well as plenty of rubbish externally. decided to put whole new unit is as plastic tanks don,t take the heat too well and have done 180k.

Doing test run tomorrow and will let you know.
same here on the weekend towing about 950kg it heated up to 3/4 on the gauge, air con switched off then it would come back down and kick the air con back in. this was about a 20 minute cycle for about an hour till i got to my destination. i have the radiator getting pulled out today to check.