• Show
Clear All
  • Poita
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2010
    • Adelaide

Cool, another ebay purchase coming up!
    NW VRX MY2013
    Jonny Tig FMIC, 3" Exhaust, RalliArt remap, Provent, FuelManager, CouplerTec rust protection, ARB bar, Runva winch, TJM Snorkel, Bilstein/Lovell/Airbags, full Bushskins kit, Asfir AC+fuel, Fyrlyt Nemesis 9000 spotties + LED headlights, Uniden UHF, RedArc TowPro Elite, BRC breathers, Honda sprayers, Automate lockup/paddles, Rhino platform/backbone

Comment

• erad
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2015
      • Cooma NSW

I reckon that the EBay seller should give me a commission on these sales! They are not cheap, but for my purposes, this jack fits the bill almost perfectly. The only disadvantage is that you have to press a button on the jack itself to operate it. This means being under the car at the start and finish of the lift. The scissor jack I have in my wife's Outlander has a switch in the power cable so you can stand well clear as you jack the car.

Comment

• Ian H
        Valued Member
        • May 2015
        • Melbourne

It's certainly worth a thought for me too. I'm not that young anymore so anything to help the old back is welcome. I've got a 12v rattle gun to do the wheels and it's a ripper for only $60. Amazing what they can do with battery power these days. Chainsaws, drills, grinders etc.
        2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• Poita
          Valued Member
          • Sep 2010
          • Adelaide

This one goes from 15 to 45cm and comes with a remote!
          NW VRX MY2013
          Jonny Tig FMIC, 3" Exhaust, RalliArt remap, Provent, FuelManager, CouplerTec rust protection, ARB bar, Runva winch, TJM Snorkel, Bilstein/Lovell/Airbags, full Bushskins kit, Asfir AC+fuel, Fyrlyt Nemesis 9000 spotties + LED headlights, Uniden UHF, RedArc TowPro Elite, BRC breathers, Honda sprayers, Automate lockup/paddles, Rhino platform/backbone

Comment

• erad
            Valued Member
            • Mar 2015
            • Cooma NSW

Originally posted by Poita View Post
            This one goes from 15 to 45cm and comes with a remote!
            https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F312454660546
            That look even better than mine. It has a higher lift range (450 mm vs 360 mm) but is also 150 mm high at minimum (vs 135 mm for mine). It is slightly dearer than mine, but looks very good.

Comment

• ron.dunn
              • Jul 2019
              • Central Victoria

The question I ask myself is "Would I put any part of myself under a car held up by an unbranded Chinese jack sold on Ebay?"

No.

Never.
              Pajero Sport GLS

Comment

• arrow
                Valued Member
                • Nov 2007

Would you put any part of yourself under a car held up by ANY jack - unless you had axle stands in place?

Comment

• ron.dunn
                  • Jul 2019
                  • Central Victoria

That's a good question ... yes, I'd change a wheel if the other wheels were chocked, and the jack was a reputable brand ... but I've seen enough Chinese tools break (as in fracture) under stress, and no way I'd trust an eBay cheapie.
                  Pajero Sport GLS

Comment

• erad
                    Valued Member
                    • Mar 2015
                    • Cooma NSW

Originally posted by ron.dunn View Post
                    That's a good question ... yes, I'd change a wheel if the other wheels were chocked, and the jack was a reputable brand ... but I've seen enough Chinese tools break (as in fracture) under stress, and no way I'd trust an eBay cheapie.
                    In my case, before I get under to raise or lower the car, I have the spare wheel under the side of the car as well. I used to jack the car with my trolley jack, but it never really properly located in the OEM jacking point. That concerned me more that the quality of the jack. Certainly the amount of time I spend under the car is minimal - I only reach in to turn the jack on or off. Sadly, when I am fitting the wheel up to the studs, I often have to use my feet as well because the wheel/tyre is so damned heavy. There is no way my wife could ever change a wheel on the Pajero, and her Outlander has even heavier wheels.

These jacks are, I believe, hydraulic operation. That part I don't like nut comparing it to the 2 Tonne scissor jack I also have, I prefer the 5 t beast. There is no way I would ever need to lift 5 tonnes but is is nice to know that (hopefully) it will should such capacity ever be needed.

Comment

• Ian H
                      Valued Member
                      • May 2015
                      • Melbourne

I also put a wheel under the side of the vehicle when I'm changing from my road alloys to my off road steels, even though I'm using a good trolly jack for that.

With regard to the weight of the wheel, I use a small shovel placed under the tyre and lever it up with that to get it on to the studs before fixing it with the wheel nuts. Lifting it manually is too hard with my bad back.
                      Last edited by Ian H; 04-11-19, 12:47 PM.
                      2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• Dicko1
                        Valued Member
                        • Dec 2014
                        • Cairns, FNQ

Just had this delivered. Made an offer of 99 quid which equates to $195 delivered. I cut the short orange wire from jack to switch away and replaced with 2 meters of heavy duty cable. Also cut the cigarette style plug off and attached anderson plug. Works well and will be safer than my electric scissor jack. Nice and compact as well so will take up bugger all space.

Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• Ian H
                          Valued Member
                          • May 2015
                          • Melbourne

Thanks for that Dicko

I see some on eBay have a lift range 10-33cm and others are 15-43, both being 5T capacity. Is the 33 enough ?
                          Last edited by Ian H; 04-11-19, 02:15 PM.

Comment

• Dicko1
                            Valued Member
                            • Dec 2014
                            • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by Ian H View Post
                            Thanks for that Dicko

I see some on eBay have a lift range 10-33cm and others are 15-43, both being 5T capacity. Is the 33 enough ?

Should be. I also carry a couple of 250mm square bits of treated pine (50mm thick) for my camper.
                            Dicko. FNQ

Comment

• Scouter1
                              Valued Member
                              • Mar 2013
                              • Sydney NSW

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post
                              Should be. I also carry a couple of 250mm square bits of treated pine (50mm thick) for my camper.
                              It is always a good idea to keep some hardwood packing (dunnage) for use in recovery for both tug & trailer. These guys have some good ideas in regards to the value of wood when going off road http://www.4x4training.com/Articles/.../GoodWood.html
                              2011 Silver NT GLS DiD Auto with extra bits - build thread http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=36099

Comment

• Dicko1
                                Valued Member
                                • Dec 2014
                                • Cairns, FNQ

Word of warning if you purchase this jack..Today I had 20mm lathed off from the overall diameter of the jacks screw in top support. This means the jacks main support is a snug fit in the Pajeros suspension jacking point. Before I did this the jacks support would not fit...probably a risky move to use it without cutting the overall diameter down. It is a snug fit and feels a hell of a lot safer.

I would not of used it without this modification...
                                Dicko. FNQ

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X