• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Afdak
    • Oct 2018
    • Gansbaai, South Africa

Bonnet open sensor/switch

I am having no success activating the factory alarm system.
    I have followed the instructions and tried variations.
    Checked the fuse no 12 under bonnet for alarm horn.
    Now I think maybe the bonnet is not making the closed limit.
    But I can't find a switch.
    Some cars have it built into the bonnet latch but I see no wires there.
    Any ideas?
  • old Jack
    Regular
    • Jun 2011
    • Adelaide, South Australia.

If you remove the grille you will see the switch and wiring on the underside of the bonnet larch mechanism.

OJ.
    2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
    MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
      Valued Member
      • Aug 2016
      • Greater Sydney

Activation is simple.

1. Unlock car and sit in driver's seat (can do it outside but difficult for some to reach the wiper stalk) with driver's door open.
      2. Ensure key is not in ignition.
      3. Ensure light switch is in off position (however, mine was in auto and worked as well).
      4. Pull back the wiper stalk and approx 10 seconds later, you will hear a faint beep.
      5. Keep the stalk pulled back until the beep stops.
      6. While still keeping the stalk pulled back, press the unlock button on the remote.
      7a. If you hear 3 beeps then your alarm is activated so release the wiper stalk.
      7b. If you hear 1 beep then your alarm is deactivated so while keeping the stalk pulled back, press the unlock button on the remote again to get the three beeps. __________________

Comment

• Afdak
        • Oct 2018
        • Gansbaai, South Africa

[QUOTE=old Jack;629925]If you remove the grille you will see the switch and wiring on the underside of the bonnet larch mechanism.

I removed the grill and found no switch at the latch.
        I did find an empty connector behind the latch. See photo. Is this perhaps for the missing switch?
        Why would the switch be missing?
        I guess this is why I can't activate the alarm.

While in there I saw another empty socket - see photo. Any idea what it is for - or is it an after market installation. The wires disappear very neatly into a loom.

Thanks
        Gerard

Comment

• spot01
          Valued Member
          • Apr 2011
          • Adelaide

I read somewhere that the alarm is not fitted to the cars for some markets:
          - does your car have the red LED on the top of the dash near the center of the base of the windscreen?
          - is the alarm horn fitted (near the inner right side guard & brake master cylinder)?

- is it mentioned in the handbook?
          Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• Kingbrown
            Valued Member
            • Apr 2012
            • Port Augusta - SA

The configuration diagrams show what/where the relevant plugs are.

My guess is that the mid-central plug is for an ambient air temperature sensor while the plug on the passenger side may be for an aircon condenser fan which appears is not be fitted to your vehicle.

Last edited by Kingbrown; 12-04-20, 09:55 AM. Reason: Spelling
            2012 PB Challenger LS Manual

Comment

• Afdak
              • Oct 2018
              • Gansbaai, South Africa

Originally posted by Kingbrown View Post
              The configuration diagrams show what/where the relevant plugs are.

My guess is that the mid-central plug is for an ambient air temperature sensor while the plug on the passenger side may be for an aircon condenser fan which appears is not be fitted to your vehicle.

http://faq.out-club.ru/download/paje...2/index_M1.htm
              Thanks Kingbrown,
              The diagram also shows that the bonnet latch switch connector is at A48. I have the connector but nothing is attached.
              My Pajero does have the red led on the dash but with no bonnet switch I guess no alarm system linked to the hooters.
              Mine is a 2012 GLX.

Comment

• Jasonmc73
                Valued Member
                • Jun 2019
                • Brisbane

Originally posted by Afdak View Post
                Thanks Kingbrown,
                The diagram also shows that the bonnet latch switch connector is at A48. I have the connector but nothing is attached.
                My Pajero does have the red led on the dash but with no bonnet switch I guess no alarm system linked to the hooters.
                Mine is a 2012 GLX.
                Couple decades back when I was an accessory fitted most brands the vehicle wiring harness's were the same throughout all models.

In other words the vehicle for instance that had cruise control had the same harness as the vehicle that had no cruise control.

Therefore what i mean is, if you have no alarm it may not be all that difficult to fit the original alarm system as vehicle I suspect is already wired for it? As the above example, the vehicle with no cruise control was not hard to ADD cruise control to that vehilce etc.

You may find the same if this is the case with your Pajero & the OEM alarm?

Suspicion only
                Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16 GLS with Sand Grabba floor mats, Ultragauge, Automate & Paddle gear shifters with Vlads traction control mod, Nautia switch panel, ARB compressor, Redarc Tow Pro, Anderson plug, Bushskinz front & rear alloy plates, Kaon light duty cargo barrier & rear door table

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X