• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rgb
    • Feb 2013
    • Horsham

uhf install NS NT NW

this is how i put a uhf in NS pajero, I did it a while ago so apologies if I dont recall 100%.

Remote head unit. Oricom periodically on sale at repco $220. mic led goes into a cat 6 plug. ref "Photo 1" (hover mouse over photo to see the name of the photo)
    Installed in blanking plate on panel to left of steering wheel.

Lever triangular panel ABOVE the rectangular panel that has ASC off switch above your left drivers knee. cf photo no 1A
    Then a screw undoes the ASC off panel. cf photo no2

doo same to silver panel on RHS

a couple screws down bottom of panel easy to see..one in fuse box

Screw driver inserts to back of panel switches to get clip that lets ASC switch push inwards from the panel. cf photo no 3
    Swapped switches around so a blank panel would be closest to radio and ASC closest to steering wheel.
    Get RJ45 female CAT6 unshielded jack, insert from Jaycar (about $10, like what goes in a wall plate for computer data leads), Cat 6 extension cable goes in back, mic lead goes in front. Trace square shape required on blank panel front, drilled 4 holes in blank panel (spare blanks $14 at dealer) and used dremel and file to make a square hole in front side of blank switch.
    Heat a squared off end of a hack saw blade red hot, use it to cut out webbing on the inside of the blanking switch. Araldite (twin syringes mix type) the RJ45 socket into the blanking panel. Photo no 4,5,6

Reinstall blanking

Body of uhf goes under the front of transmission tunnel.
    Remove small plastic panel to the left of where your foot would be on the clutch . photo 6a,7

I put the uhf bracket mount on (that let it pivot) and siliconed that to a bottom of plastic box. I used a wood block to hold it up from the floor untill it set.
    0.5m of extension cat 65 data extension lead (0.5 long ) from uhf main unit under heater up to the RJ45 insert on blank panel.

Add remote head mic lead.

Power to uhf via a piggyback fuse connector (described somewhere else in this forum in a uhf install). At fuse position 10 (fues panel near R knee) which was blank and worked only when key on) photo no 8a (this photo is rotated 90 degree)

Silicone uhf mic bracket to a hard faced panel up and to left of RJ45 plug. photo no 9,10

photo 11 is better view of fuse box
    Attached Files
    Last edited by rgb; 12-09-20, 12:16 PM. Reason: spelling
  • userid007
    • Apr 2016
    • greenslopes

uhf install

great write up. thank you for sharing

Comment

• rgb
      • Feb 2013
      • Horsham

Thanks, other posts have helped me.

Comment

• galaga72
        • Nov 2016
        • Adelaide

Great write up mate; I've been looking to relocate my UHF and make it neater (currently screwed into LHS on trans tunnel cover).

Comment

• rgb
          • Feb 2013
          • Horsham

NX panel below steering wheel and uhf install update

I have just put similar system to my ns in a nx.

To remove the panel below the steering wheel:

You still need to remove the two silver panels , one left of steering wheel towards the radio and one right, near the door.
          In the NX there are clips under the 2 silver panels instead of a screw as in the NS.
          To get the silver panels off-its a bit daunting: lever left hand silver panel from radio side till it pops then lever from under and towards the steering wheel side.
          For RHS silver panel nearest to door...there is a grey panel on the door side that clips into the side of silver panel....leaver the outside panel out a bit and prop it there adjar, then remove the silver panel by levering from below.

Photos show where clips are to help you place your lever. Best technique is to get your bar close to the clip and then twist the bar to pop the clip. cheap plastic trim remover tools mostly useless. I bought a metal tool and a metal spreader off ebay.

There are 2 bolts, you need an 8mm socket, in the bottom of panel, one is in the fuse box and it look like there are some self tappers at the latches to pop bonnet and fuel cap.

ps some of the photos need to be rotated 90 degrees clockwise.

In the traction control panel, the blank middle panel had wiring in the back, I tied it underneath to wiring loom and moved switches about so I could install my uhf socket...the middle switch clips in differently to the other switches so there only a certain way I could select the panel order.

I used the same blank position 10 space in fuse box...its not marked as having a use but it works with key on

There are more wires and it is harder to silicone uhf bracket to the white box in transmission tunnel area in the NX.....I had to modify bracket with more aluminium...in the ns it was some 20mmx20mm angle, I had to rivet some flat to that and try and glue to side of the white box. I'm having having trouble finding a silicone that will stick well.

In the NX there is a blank grommet in passenger firewall below where people place the second battery ie to the outside of the fuel filter which I used to run the antennae cable in.
          Al the photos need to rotate 90 degree clock wise.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by rgb; 12-09-20, 01:16 PM.

Comment

• rgb
            • Feb 2013
            • Horsham

Parifix rapid set silicone seemed to work.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X