• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rotare
    Valued Member
    • Nov 2007

Silver paint code

Hi guys,

Went out 4wding on the weekend and scratched up the edge of the side steps a little, and took off some of the silver paint down to the under coat. Although it may happen again in the future, I'd like to keep the car looking tidy and so would like to cover it back up with some touch up paint.

Anyone know the paint code for the factory silver on the side steps? Looks to me it's likely the same silver as the rims are painted.

Thanks in advance.
    2013 NW VRX
  • aussieintas
    Valued Member
    • Feb 2013
    • Sorell, Tasmania

Use the link below, its an online tech manual located on this forum in the Do it yourself Project section.

Once you open it top left click on Type box and open Body Repair Manual, within Contents click on Body Colour, then sub section Body Colouring, then Side Step Garnish.

Shows the silver for the side steps code is AC11169.

2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
    88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
    92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
    92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
    99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
    95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
    08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• gas55
      • Apr 2015
      • Port Macquarie

Sorry I missed this post before.
      Had the same problem with my wheels on NW. The child bride uses the Braille method for parking next to gutters, and had bad curb rash on front passenger wheel, some scratches pretty deep so had to fill as well.
      Both Autobarf and Supersteep had no information, so did some trial and error and found Holt's Duplicolour DSN06 Silver Metallic (Nissan), was extremely close for my car. Same colour for the sidesteps. (Also sometimes depends on the condition of the wheels, mine still had good colour).
      Even if it is not exact, you can often get away with matching by spraying up to a change in the angle or face of the panel you are working on, and then polishing any overspray off. Also had to finish with heaps of clear to get the shine, and while I was at it I picked out the diamonds in the centre caps.
      Good luck!
      Click image for larger version

Name:	20200425_115723.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	985426
      Last edited by gas55; 29-04-20, 10:19 PM.
      Greg

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X