Below Nav Bar Ad Module

Collapse

Anyone used this plug in performance chip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drgtr
    • Sep 2019
    • Rosemeadow

Anyone used this plug in performance chip?

As long as it doesnt increase rail pressure
    Sounds like it only increases duration so combustion goes long on stroke creating more torque?

• bige
    • Apr 2010

it connects to the rail pressure sensor so it changes the fuel pressure

Comment

• drgtr
      • Sep 2019
      • Rosemeadow

Originally posted by bige View Post
      it connects to the rail pressure sensor so it changes the fuel pressure
      Thankyou for that. Learn something new everyday

What about this one?

Comment

• Muzza
        Valued Member
        • Jul 2007
        • Nsw

Originally posted by drgtr View Post
        Thankyou for that. Learn something new everyday

What about this one?

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Power-Bo...IAAOSw~vpaJsFJ
        That one changes rail pressure only. If your after a device that alters injection duration, it will have one connection for each injector, and will also have rail pressure and Boost pressure or throttle, the more inputs the better the quality, is General rule
        Muzza
        2014 NW VRX , Alloy ECB bar, Poly air bags, EGR fixed. EDS scan gauge, lockup mate.
        2003 NP DID GLS retired and gone to a good home
        2007 21' Lotus spirit caravan

LH Torana

Comment

• drgtr
          • Sep 2019
          • Rosemeadow

Originally posted by Muzza View Post
          That one changes rail pressure only. If your after a device that alters injection duration, it will have one connection for each injector, and will also have rail pressure and Boost pressure or throttle, the more inputs the better the quality, is General rule
          Thankyou Muzza

What about ones that go through OBD2 and then interface the CANBUS?

Comment

• dreamerman
            Valued Member
            • Sep 2009
            • Sydney

Mate, I recommend German-made Tuningkit. Used it on my diesel dual cab and can't recommend enough.

Engine tuning for diesel and fuel engines, specially tailored for your car. Up to 30 percent more HP and Nm. For all makes and models.
            03/19 MY18 Pajero NX GLX Graphite | KUMHO AT51 265/65R17 | Ultragauge MX v1.4 | AEM GPS Speedometer | Yakima Platform on OCAM Backbone | OEM Tow Bar | KAON Internal Rear Roof Shelf | ARB Smartbar

Comment

• Dicko1
              Valued Member
              • Dec 2014
              • Cairns, FNQ

Wouldn't put any chip on a car that you value. ECU re flash done correctly on a dyno is the safest way.
              Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• dreamerman
                Valued Member
                • Sep 2009
                • Sydney

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post
                Wouldn't put any chip on a car that you value. ECU re flash done correctly on a dyno is the safest way.
                Each to their own. I had that chip since new and had plenty of fun with it. Reduced turbo lag, smooth and more power for $250 some 4 years ago.
                03/19 MY18 Pajero NX GLX Graphite | KUMHO AT51 265/65R17 | Ultragauge MX v1.4 | AEM GPS Speedometer | Yakima Platform on OCAM Backbone | OEM Tow Bar | KAON Internal Rear Roof Shelf | ARB Smartbar

Comment

• drgtr
                  • Sep 2019
                  • Rosemeadow

Originally posted by dreamerman View Post
                  Mate, I recommend German-made Tuningkit. Used it on my diesel dual cab and can't recommend enough.

https://www.tuningkit.com/en/
                  Legend thanks heaps.

Comment

• drgtr
                    • Sep 2019
                    • Rosemeadow

What if I do a dyno run before and after

with tuner checking AFR and EGT?

Comment

• nuttyalmond
                      • Apr 2014
                      • Perth wa

I had a steinbauer module fitted early on, the car was still under warranty and it was classed as an accessorie, or so I was told it wouldn’t affect warranty claims.
                      Anyway, it increased performance for towing and I’m very pleased with it. I paid about the same as an ecu remap was at the time.
                      If was I was to do it now I think I would go for the remap, probably cheaper.
                      I also have egr off and catch can installed from the beginning. Get 8 l/100 km around town lower on a good freeway run at “100”. Towing full size semi off road caravan with no headwind about 15 L/ 100 km, can be up to 18 with headwind.
                      Pajero 2012 NW gls. ECB Bullbar, Tow pro, Steinbauer module, Polyair air bags, Uniden 2 way, spv module, Provent catch can, Yokohama Geolanda G015 AT, Narva 175 lamps, Caravan rear view monitor, Ultragauge MX, Lockup mate, flashlube prefilter.

Comment

• Dicko1
                        Valued Member
                        • Dec 2014
                        • Cairns, FNQ

What if I do a dyno run before and after

with tuner checking AFR and EGT?

Then you might as well pay for a reflash, keep the original set-up on a flash drive, and have all parameters verified /adjusted on the dyno. Do it once and do it right!!
                        Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• drgtr
                          • Sep 2019
                          • Rosemeadow

Then you might as well pay for a reflash, keep the original set-up on a flash drive, and have all parameters verified /adjusted on the dyno. Do it once and do it right!!
                          Dyno run is $120 dollars plus performance chip is $180?

Those reflash essentially do the same but $1200.
                          Still a big price discrepancy.

Im sure reflash is gauranteed but at the same time.

Im not one to always think more expensive is better either.

Hence Im trying to learn here

Comment

• Muzza
                            Valued Member
                            • Jul 2007
                            • Nsw

Thankyou Muzza

What about ones that go through OBD2 and then interface the CANBUS?

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/AU-OBD2-...IAAOSw4y1dX4Al
                            I dont know, you would have to view parameters with it on to see what has been altered.

I had a diesel power module on my Paj for a while, it had 4 setting, and looks at boost, injector duration and rail pressure, cost me a packet to buy it, the vehicle went very well, however when towing the EGT was thru the roof, with no module my EGT will just touch 600c on a long pull with my van, however when I fitted the module in the lowest setting the EGT topped 725c, so I found myself backing off on hills, so what’s the point!

The best 2 things I have done to my Paj to date have been delete EGR and lock up mate, just my 2 cents, I reckon a big intercooler would be the go, but I have opened up my bash plate to let more air in and that has lowered my intake temps
                            Muzza
                            2014 NW VRX , Alloy ECB bar, Poly air bags, EGR fixed. EDS scan gauge, lockup mate.
                            2003 NP DID GLS retired and gone to a good home
                            2007 21' Lotus spirit caravan

LH Torana

Comment

• drgtr
                              • Sep 2019
                              • Rosemeadow

Originally posted by Muzza View Post
                              I dont know, you would have to view parameters with it on to see what has been altered.

I had a diesel power module on my Paj for a while, it had 4 setting, and looks at boost, injector duration and rail pressure, cost me a packet to buy it, the vehicle went very well, however when towing the EGT was thru the roof, with no module my EGT will just touch 600c on a long pull with my van, however when I fitted the module in the lowest setting the EGT topped 725c, so I found myself backing off on hills, so what’s the point!

The best 2 things I have done to my Paj to date have been delete EGR and lock up mate, just my 2 cents, I reckon a big intercooler would be the go, but I have opened up my bash plate to let more air in and that has lowered my intake temps
                              Thanks Muzza.

You give excellent advice.

Yes i have the EGR delete plug. Been checking on torque pro app and EGR doesnt come on.

My car is a manual.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X