• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • craka
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2009
    • Newcastle (Newie)

4wd action forums turned off?

Was just browsing camper related stuff and a google hit was for a post on 4wd action forum , however there is a comment that read 'Forums will be turned off 12pm 21/6/2019'

Anyone know why or if permanent?
    NS SWB X 3.2DiD - Factory locker, Hella spotties, GME UHF, 2" lift

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.
  • Pickle
    Administrator
    • Jun 2007
    • All over Oz

Can only guess why , used to be an Admin on that forum . Got my account hacked, "'apparently'' so got the bullit from it. (They must have thought I was the hacker that tossed their forum)
    Been on a spiral down for a while now with hardly anyone posting on it, akin to the Overlander forum that shrunk and disappeared a few years ago.
    Dave
    NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
    Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• craka
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2009
      • Newcastle (Newie)

okay, right one of those types of places. Can't say I've frequented there, so had no idea.
      NS SWB X 3.2DiD - Factory locker, Hella spotties, GME UHF, 2" lift

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.

Comment

• Lakey
        • Apr 2012
        • Brisbane

Petty sure I heard the mag was folding recently. If so I'd guess the forum would also.
        Cheers
        Lakey

2012 PB Challenger LS manual. White, tinted windows, MM towbar, Rhino Aero Sportz Bars, otherwise pretty much bog standard.

Comment

• JoshF
          Valued Member
          • Jan 2008
          • Brisbane

Originally posted by Pickle View Post
          Can only guess why , used to be an Admin on that forum . Got my account hacked, "'apparently'' so got the bullit from it. (They must have thought I was the hacker that tossed their forum)
          Been on a spiral down for a while now with hardly anyone posting on it, akin to the Overlander forum that shrunk and disappeared a few years ago.
          Dave
          The Overlander forum was not about 4Wding in the end, it was full of arguments between a few
          NS Tall and Short (Trakryder/Bilstein 2" lift with Polyairs) DiD "R", Gunmetal on BFG 270/60/17 AT's, TJM Bullbar, 9500lb Ox Winch, Icom 450, AirTech Snorkel, Cargo Barrier, Dual Battery System to power a CF 40, ScanguageII, LRA Auxillary Tank
          Custom Intercooler/Sump/Transmission Bash Plates and Sliders by http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/

Comment

• nj swb
            Resident
            • Jun 2007
            • Adelaide

Originally posted by Pickle View Post
            Hmmm. So, after their forum was hacked, their forum has been in decline and this forum continues to flourish?

Good job!

NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• pharb
              Valued Member
              • Jul 2007
              • Tyers,Vic

I used to frequent that forum to see the progress of the RCV supertourer.

Does anyone remember that?
              Bloke got bored so bought a Navara D22 twin cab body, a 6.0 litre turbo diesel out of an F350 or something, and driveline, then proceded to fabricate by hand the chassis rails and suspension etc all from scratch.

Took him a couple of years to get to the stage of sitting the cab on the rolling chassis, but with all the fabrication gear he had buy, and the skills he developed I think he ended up to busy building stuff for income than he did working on the project.

It went a few years without updates, then I gave up looking.

A Google search shows it used to be there, started in 2007
              PCOV Member 1107.
              Daily driver NX GLX
              Semi retired NL GLS 3.5 (no airbags) in almost prestine condition to replace NJ.
              Virtually fully retired NJ 2.8TD
              Previously - NB LWB, NA SWB.

Comment

• Pickle
                Administrator
                • Jun 2007
                • All over Oz

Originally posted by nj swb View Post
                Hmmm. So, after their forum was hacked, their forum has been in decline and this forum continues to flourish?

Good job!

Yeah Cheers
                Dave
                NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• Pickle
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2007
                  • All over Oz

Originally posted by JoshF View Post
                  The Overlander forum was not about 4Wding in the end, it was full of arguments between a few
                  Yeah a lot of bitchslapping on that one. Best thing that came out of it was the Damo Button and Big Red.
                  NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                  Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• GHendo
                    Valued Member
                    • Mar 2012
                    • Northern NSW

Originally posted by Lakey View Post
                    Petty sure I heard the mag was folding recently.
                    I guess there is a limit to the number of mud holes you can purposely drive into to get pulled out of. I'm afraid I stopped reading the magazine a long time ago - not long after Roothie exited.

Geoff
                    03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X