• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Silver Streak
    Valued Member
    • May 2010
    • Adelaide. South Aust.

Downloading address book to MMCS?

I've been searching around for an hour now, trying in vain not to start a subject that's already been covered in length, elsewhere.
    I stuck this question in another thread about a similar problem, but with iphones. But thought it may get lost in there, hence starting the new post.
    I have just got a simple Telstra T6 phone. I have it paired with the bluetooth on the car, and the phone, but when it comes time to "download" my address book to the MMCS, it disconnects from the phone and it'll sit there for hours if you let it, saying "transferring"?? but nothing happens. What am I doing wrong??
    Also when I cancel the download/transfer proceedure, it reconnects back to my phone (via Bluetooth) immediately. Again, what have I missed out doing?? Or is my phone one of those that you cannot transfer the address book?
    I can make and receive calls manually, but no address book.

Cheers,
    Cheers, Tony.

Silver Streak.

2010 NT (Nov) Platinum Pajero, DiD auto, Iron Bark.
    Factory Tow-bar, Colour coded ARB Deluxe Bullbar, Hankook Dynopro RT03 MT Tyres, 265/R70x17, Bilstein/Lovell HD 2" lift kit, Bushskinz underbody protection plates, Navar Blue 225's, TJM Airtec Snorkel, Tinted Pajero Bonnet Protector, Uniden UH7750NB UHF-CB, Rhino Rack Sunseeker ll Awning (2.5m x 2m), Full Tint + UV film on privacy glass, Dash Mat, Techniice 60ltr Fridge/Freezer.
  • jasper361
    • Sep 2010
    • Eatons Hill

It is normal for the MMCS to disconnect the bluetooth to do the address book transfer, however not all phones support this feature. To do mine on my Blackberry I had to open my phone address book and select transfer contacts via bluetooth, the MMCS will not pull the contacts off the phone.
    2019 Y62 Ti Patrol
    MY15 NX Exceed - Ironbark. - SOLD
    Bash plates, Bilstein/kings, GME XRS330c

Comment

• Silver Streak
      Valued Member
      • May 2010
      • Adelaide. South Aust.

Originally posted by jasper361 View Post
      It is normal for the MMCS to disconnect the bluetooth to do the address book transfer, however not all phones support this feature. To do mine on my Blackberry I had to open my phone address book and select transfer contacts via bluetooth, the MMCS will not pull the contacts off the phone.
      Hmmm, its looking like my old clunker is one of those that won't transfer the data.
      You say that its normal for the to MMCS to disconnect from the bluetooth to the phone, so how does the data get transferred??
      Cheers, Tony.

Silver Streak.

Factory Tow-bar, Colour coded ARB Deluxe Bullbar, Hankook Dynopro RT03 MT Tyres, 265/R70x17, Bilstein/Lovell HD 2" lift kit, Bushskinz underbody protection plates, Navar Blue 225's, TJM Airtec Snorkel, Tinted Pajero Bonnet Protector, Uniden UH7750NB UHF-CB, Rhino Rack Sunseeker ll Awning (2.5m x 2m), Full Tint + UV film on privacy glass, Dash Mat, Techniice 60ltr Fridge/Freezer.

Comment

• jasper361
        • Sep 2010
        • Eatons Hill

It does get transfered via BT but it has to drop the paired connection first then re-establishes a connection to do the transfer. I'm no expert but I believe this is how it is done.

this is the thread I used to do mine.

2019 Y62 Ti Patrol
        MY15 NX Exceed - Ironbark. - SOLD
        Bash plates, Bilstein/kings, GME XRS330c

Comment

• jim@nx
          • Oct 2010
          • Newcastle

I have a Samsung PDA & it is painful also.
          Like mine, you probably have to select each contact, select beam on the phone, & it will transfer it - 1 at a time.
          2010 NT Platinum 3.2 DiD Auto, Ironbark, MM Towbar, Diff Locker, Tint, Drifta Drawers & fridge slide, Snorkel, Dual battery, UHF, OME upgrade with polyairs, ARB deluxe bullbar.

Comment

• Bunny
            • Jun 2010
            • Launceston

You guys are a long way in front of me. I still don't know how to save them into my phone.

Trevor
            2010 NT Pajero Exceed Auto Diesel 3.2 Ironbark

Genuine Tow Bar, Rear Diff Lock, 17"Wheels, Arb Sahara Bar Colour Coded, Dual Battery, Old Man Emu Sports Suspension, ARB on Board Air Compressor, BFG AT Tyres, Long Range 60lt Tank, IPF 900XS Lights, Sandgrabba Mats, T-Max 9000lb Winch, ARB 47lt Fridge, Rhino Alloy Tray, GME TX 3220 UHF, HR Brake Controller, Bushskinz Plates, Airteck Snorkel, Diff Breathers, Airbags.

Comment

• Silver Streak
              Valued Member
              • May 2010
              • Adelaide. South Aust.

Originally posted by Bunny View Post
              You guys are a long way in front of me. I still don't know how to save them into my phone.

Trevor
              Ha, ha, ha, you are a funny Bunny, Trevor.
              I gave up, I am lucky enough not have hundreds of people in my phone book, so I did it all manually, took a while, but at least they're in there now.
              A strange thing happened when I put my own number in though, I thought I'd do the correct thing and put in the "08" pre-fix for South Australia and then our phone number. I tried it using the MMCS with the bluetooth and my mobile, and I got a complete stranger....wrong number?? I removed the 08 prefix and it worked perfectly.
              Of course, we have naked DSL, so that may have been the problem??

Cheers,
              Cheers, Tony.

Silver Streak.

Comment

• muskrat
                • Jun 2010
                • Victoria

I think this is definite phone dependant. When I first got the Paj (july 10) I had a Samsung Omnia and I could only transfer contacts one at a time via bluetooth. So all I did was transfer the most commonly called contacts.

I now have a Samsung Galaxy S and I was just looking at the bluetooth transfer options and it looks like I can select multiple contacts and transfer in one go.

When I am in the car next time I'll try it.
                2010 NT Activ - Cool silver

Comment

• Faereag
                  Valued Member
                  • Nov 2009
                  • Aberfoyle Park, SA

Re contact list

Originally posted by muskrat View Post
                  I think this is definite phone dependant. When I first got the Paj (july 10) I had a Samsung Omnia and I could only transfer contacts one at a time via bluetooth. So all I did was transfer the most commonly called contacts.

I now have a Samsung Galaxy S and I was just looking at the bluetooth transfer options and it looks like I can select multiple contacts and transfer in one go.

When I am in the car next time I'll try it.
                  Muskrat - I have the Galaxy S - as described earlier - the MMCS drops the pairing but when you tick the select all box in the Galaxy S and select send by BT the connection is re-established with the MMCS and the transfers proceed - time taken depends naturally on the number of contacts to be transferred.
                  Regards

Rory

2010 NT DID Auto Platinum. ARB Bar; 12000lb winch; Light-force 240 spotlights; Bushskinz plates; dual battery with upgraded wiring; Diff breathers; ECU re-tune; 3" exhaust Toyo AT11's; Ultra-gauge and OBD11 dongle; Garmin 52LM; Icom UHF; Craig Davies transmission cooler with fan; raised EHD Lovells coils; Mann & Hummel Catch Can; Bilstein B6's; Firestone airbags; Tekonsha P3 controller; towball capacity 300KG; GVM 3110KG. Sunland Patriot SE van with a few other mods.

Comment

• muskrat
                    • Jun 2010
                    • Victoria

Thanks Faereag

I'll definitely give it a go when I get in the car this arvo.

Cheers.

Comment

• chris newman
                      • Jan 2008
                      • Melbourne

Worked ok on Nokia Phone, General Help

Just some comments that may help others

Just to confirm it works ok on a nokia phone, you need to press download on the MMCS (Downloading shows but is really wating for data).

You then select a contact/options and press send business card. Then Via BlueTooth and then select the device "HANDS FREE"

You can also mark a group of contacts or better still Mak all contacts and then just unmark the ones you dont want sent.

Then select Options and select Send Business Card, the select Bluetooth and then select the devise listed usually "HANDS FREE"

So in summary when the MMCS displays "Downloading" this can als mean "Waiting for Data" it wont get any unless you send the info from the Phone.

Hope this helps

Chris
                      MY10 NT Exceed DiD, Android Headunit 10.1" from Idoing with the camera working. Dual Battery, Piranha Tray for the original battery, Projecta 150A Charging unit, Main Battery Pannasonic (2018), second battery (2019) Lead Crystal 130AH. Draws and Engle Fridge, ARB Compressor, Kings Awning and James Baroud Rooftop tent. Aux Fuel tank.

Comment

• muskrat
                        • Jun 2010
                        • Victoria

Worked on my Galaxy S as well. When downloading a group of contacts you need to be patient as there is no indicatiion of progress.

Comment

• Silver Streak
                          Valued Member
                          • May 2010
                          • Adelaide. South Aust.

Well guys,
                          I am at a complete loss with this bluetooth and my phone??
                          As I said previously, I put all my contacts in the MMCS manually....no probs, I thought. Apart from the first hiccup, when I phoned the wrong number?? because of the state prefix (08) in my case, in front of the phone number. Got rid of that and it was ok??
                          Well, its gone completely pear shaped now?? When I try to call anybody else on my list, it will only ring my home phone?? WTF? I can use anybodys number, a completely different number and it still calls my home phone? I've tried everything. So I don't know whether its my phone (due for a newy) or the MMCS?
                          Also, another thing happened a while ago, this arvo, I called a number on my mobile, nowhere near the car, but when I attempted to use the bluetooth in the car again, for another trial, it called that number?? So, it seems it wants to call the last dialed number? Now, I know you can do that also, but this was from my main contacts list?
                          Hmmm, very strange.
                          Last edited by Silver Streak; 30-11-10, 08:28 AM.
                          Cheers, Tony.

Silver Streak.

Comment

• Silver Streak
                            Valued Member
                            • May 2010
                            • Adelaide. South Aust.

Hi again guys,

Well I've worked out what the problem is, with me trying to call people from my phonebook on the MMCS.....it's my crappy phone. I paired in my wife's Nokia 6300, and not a problem at all, I can call anybody I like. The only thing now is, to try and improve the sound quality (now very tinny) to whoever I ring. I think, it was spoke about elsewhere on this site.
                            Cheers, Tony.

Silver Streak.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X