• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hotdog76
    • Dec 2009
    • Adelaide

New NT Pajero GLS 3.2l ordered

Hello everyone
    I have finally registered to this great forum, but have been lurking for a long time. I would like to thank everyone for there expert advise on the Pajero which made my purchase easier.
    I bought myself the best late christmas present every yesterday, a brand new MY10 GLS Pajero. My current car, a 2007 Pajero VRX NS 3.2l has been wonderful, but i was lured by the RX model metioned on the forum and on MMA website.
    I visited the dealer close to my work 2 days ago, who had an RX in stock (white manual), so he sold me on the idea of the RX. He also checked his stocks, and confirmed they have a Gunmetal Auto on order, due at end of next month (no engine number assigned, so likely 2010 build as well). He offered me a great trade ($45000 for the VRX with 47000km), but no other discount besides the 60490 driveaway price (incl metallic paint cost).
    I was happy with this, but decided i had to talk to my local dealer, who sold and serviced my current car. I advised him of the situation, (other dealer had one on order, trade in price etc), and that i planned to go and sign that day). I called in to his dealer yesterday (i had organised an 11am time to meet the other dealer). He told me that there are no more RX available besides what dealers have already ordered, but could work something out for me.
    He offered me 2 options
    1. Demo GLS MY09 NT 3.2L AUTO 3200km Gunmetal, with all the options that RX has (mats,bluetooth,reverse sensors,window tint, nudgebar) for 57990 driveaway
    2. New GLS MY10 2010 NT 3.2l AUTO with all options that RX has (mats,bluetooth,reverse sensors,window tint, nudgebar), plus 3000kg towbar for $60490 driveaway
    After much thought (well actually 2 minutes), I chose the new option.

He also offered $45000 for my trade, which I thought was excellent (Redbook value is 36000-40000), so i am over the moon (who says Pajeros don't hold their value - i only paid 57000 for it in Jan 08)

To satisfy myself, i did look at other cars, including the GLX Prado (nice car, power difference vs pajero is quite noticable, but looking at about $7000 more), considered challenger (i know i would have been disappointed after having the pajero), and Territory (had one previously but does not stand a chance whilst no diesel engine)

I am very happy with the new car i have ordered, interestingly this is the first time I have bought the same car as the last one, which i guess shows how much i do like to pajero.

Well theres my story, and once again i would like to thank every person who has contributed to the forum to help me with my decision. i will find out monday approx delivery time, and will update everyone when i get the car

Regards

hotdog76
  • Paj People 2009
    Valued Member
    • Oct 2009
    • Sunny Gold Coast, QLD

Good on ya Hotdog. Welcome to the most helpful, useful Paj forum on the internet!

These new NT Pajeros are everybit as good as everone says. You will love driving the DID and it's great getting the extras at a reasonable price with the deal. Otherwise, they certainly add up after market!

We've had our Platinum for 5 weeks now and we absolutely love it. There isn't anything we don't like! Have you got the MMCS? It works so well with Keith's cable and interface which enables use of the Ipod whilst on the move. Just be awawe the MM one doesn't do this.

We're only up to 900km, but are eagerly awaiting passing the 1500km mark so we can tow our boat and caravan. Are you a tower? What colour did you choose?

All the best,
    Sally
    SOLD 2009 NT PAJERO PLATINUM & 2015 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE

RUNVA XP11 11,000lb Winch in MM ALLOY Bar, 2.75" S/S exhaust, ARB Air Locker, BLACK WIDOW Drawer Sys, ABBER Water Tank, GREAT WHITE & IRONMAN LED LightbarS, ARB OME 2 inch lift, POLYAIRs, BUSHSKINZs, Airtech SNORKEL, IRONMAN Awning, PIONEER Platform, REDARC Tow Pro, Provent , D697 LT's, ALPINE Stereo, Amp & Sub, DP CHIP, DRLs, Torque App, SPV EGR MOD Mk3

2015 LOTUS FREELANDER & CRUISECRAFT EXPLORER 575

Comment

• bushman
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2009
      • Wollondilly Shire NSW

Congrates on the purchase, we are waiting on our RX whic we should have got just before chrissie,

As for there being no more available, guess he should have said in the current shipment. NSW well so I'm told are expecting more later this month or Feb.

Rekon you were damn lucky to get white, rare as rocking horse doo doo but here apparently. We manage to get the "Warm White" Pearlesent colour.

Enjoy your new ride.
      09 NT Di-D Auto RX (Now Gone)
      2014 Golden Eagle Escape in tow ( Now Gone)
      2021 QF Pajero Sport
      ​​2020 Vacationer Roadtracker in tow
      LOVE'N THAT CAR"

Comment

• hotdog76
        • Dec 2009
        • Adelaide

Thanks for the welcome Sally.

I chose Gunmetal this time, my current VRX is Silver, and thought i'd try get something different.
        Sadly I did not get the MMCS with the car, I understand this was part of the Platinum Edition, but not the RX. I will have to do with my little Navman for navigation for now, it has served me well for the last 2 years. What i really did like about the RX and GLS was the rear airconditioning, which to me is much more of a necessity than the MMCS.
        I just love the diesel engine, and was keen to upgrade to get the better fuel economy on the NT vs NS, I calculated I would save about $800/year just on this alone.
        One of the main reasons for the Pajero in the first place was for towing, I have a little dog trailer, which we take away quite often. We do 4 trips to the south east (Mt Gambier, Millicent) each year, 3 to Broken Hill, 2 to Mildura, 2 to mid north (Clare, Port Pirie) and then a big one to Alice Springs each July. Travelling along the highway you would not know the trailer is there, and generally only adds about 1l/100km to fuel consumption.
        And to Bushman, the second dealer definately did tell me that all RX were on order (to customers or dealers), he said the demand was huge and they sold theres very quickly. I basically put it to him that if he wanted the deal, he needed to do a GLS with the extras for the same price as an RX and he said no problem (i got the usual 'we are making no money on this deal').
        I did hear (from this forum -thank you) that the warm white was available for the RX - i actually prefer this to the standard white.

Once again, thanks for your warm welcome, look forward to sharing my stories with everyone, and reading all of yours

hotdog76
        Last edited by hotdog76; 01-01-10, 07:39 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

• Paj People 2009
          Valued Member
          • Oct 2009
          • Sunny Gold Coast, QLD

Hi Hotdog,

Your Paj sounds great! A lot of people like the rear aircon. We rarely have people in the rear seats and found the climate control air fantastic anyway, so don't really miss it. Everyone has different needs, I guess. Being towers, we really like the reversing camera in the MMCS. Your Navman is a great unit. We had one in the old Paj. Nothing wrong with that model! It works extremely well.

Your dog trailer sounds very interesting. Your travels sound great too!. Lucky doggies being taken on holiday! You must be very fond of them. What breed are they? We have two beautiful cats, but they don't like travelling, unfortunately, so they are spoilt at home when we travel!

We have got the silver. Yes, love it. I reallly like all the colours, though. The gunmetal grey looks very cool!

All the best,
          Sally

RUNVA XP11 11,000lb Winch in MM ALLOY Bar, 2.75" S/S exhaust, ARB Air Locker, BLACK WIDOW Drawer Sys, ABBER Water Tank, GREAT WHITE & IRONMAN LED LightbarS, ARB OME 2 inch lift, POLYAIRs, BUSHSKINZs, Airtech SNORKEL, IRONMAN Awning, PIONEER Platform, REDARC Tow Pro, Provent , D697 LT's, ALPINE Stereo, Amp & Sub, DP CHIP, DRLs, Torque App, SPV EGR MOD Mk3

Comment

• huggy1956
            • Nov 2009
            • adelaide

Hi Hotdog,
            Welcome to the forum and I just know you will love the new PAJ. Like Sally I have the Platinum and love it. About to buy Keith's interface and ipod cable to overide the deficiency in the MMCC.
            Having now had three pajeros I have quickly discovered how the new car salemen work.
            Whilst appearing to get $45000 as a trade it doesn't appear that you are getting any discount on the new car price. A previous thread on this forum mentioned buying the RX for $53k so in effect had you sold privately and purchased without trade you probably would have purchased for $53-$55. In effect it means your trade is worth about $38k.
            I still think you did extremely well Hotdog....its just funny how the trade works.
            Happy motoring. This forum is topclass with some really good advice

Comment

• Paj People 2009
              Valued Member
              • Oct 2009
              • Sunny Gold Coast, QLD

Hi Huggy,

You're spot on re the trade in business. Dealers disguise the figures really well! You always do better selling privately. We just sold our NJ Escape and got $4,500 more than Zupps offered as a trade. It was, however, in exceptionally good condition, - but still.

RE Keith's Ipod cable, go ahead and get it. It really makes the MMCS wonderful now. Both the dealer and I, didn't know that you couldn't change tracks whilst driving (or destinations, or make a phone call). I'm surprised MM manufactured it this way. Anyhow, he fitted it for me on Wed and it's great. Got a full refund from the dealer too. They were VERY interested in it! Only thing is, get someone to fit it! I wouldn't like to attempt to remove all that stuff unless you were very familiar with it! You will be very happy with it when done.

Best Wishes,
              Sally

Comment

• hotdog76
                • Dec 2009
                • Adelaide

Originally posted by huggy1956 View Post
                Hi Hotdog,
                Welcome to the forum and I just know you will love the new PAJ. Like Sally I have the Platinum and love it. About to buy Keith's interface and ipod cable to overide the deficiency in the MMCC.
                Having now had three pajeros I have quickly discovered how the new car salemen work.
                Whilst appearing to get $45000 as a trade it doesn't appear that you are getting any discount on the new car price. A previous thread on this forum mentioned buying the RX for $53k so in effect had you sold privately and purchased without trade you probably would have purchased for $53-$55. In effect it means your trade is worth about $38k.
                I still think you did extremely well Hotdog....its just funny how the trade works.
                Happy motoring. This forum is topclass with some really good advice
                I agree with you there huggy1956, this is a common trick by cars salesman, and do in the end look at the changeover price. The car that i purchased was a GLS with towbar/reverse sensors/mats/nudge bar, which i believe is a much better deal than the RX (esp in terms of resale value down the track - the RX is a GLX with options). The list price for this car was $66578 without the options, then another $2300 rrp for the extras. So overall, i got an excellent, but prob overinflated, trade in price, plus $8500 discount off rrp (which no one pays anyway).

I'm not sure, but i think the $53K prices for RX were manual / petrol models also. The first dealer was pretty firm with the $59990 price for RX, and really needed to twist his arm to include the tow bar

Comment

• huggy1956
                  • Nov 2009
                  • adelaide

Originally posted by Paj People 2009 View Post
                  Hi Huggy,

You're spot on re the trade in business. Dealers disguise the figures really well! You always do better selling privately. We just sold our NJ Escape and got $4,500 more than Zupps offered as a trade. It was, however, in exceptionally good condition, - but still.

RE Keith's Ipod cable, go ahead and get it. It really makes the MMCS wonderful now. Both the dealer and I, didn't know that you couldn't change tracks whilst driving (or destinations, or make a phone call). I'm surprised MM manufactured it this way. Anyhow, he fitted it for me on Wed and it's great. Got a full refund from the dealer too. They were VERY interested in it! Only thing is, get someone to fit it! I wouldn't like to attempt to remove all that stuff unless you were very familiar with it! You will be very happy with it when done.

Best Wishes,
                  Sally
                  Hi Sally,
                  Yeah, I think I will get someone to install it...either an auto electrician or TJM. I have never been great with instructions.
                  Where does the ipod cable come out from the mmcc?
                  Two things annoy me with the new Paj 1) the beeps that occur when you don't buckle up. and 2) the beeps that occur before you are allowed to start your engine (warming of the inverters apparently)
                  Hey I think I am getting a little spoilt here...we can't really call them complaints can we. I notice you haven't travelled very far (900km or so). Having travelled to Mudgee (from Adelaide) my km are mounting up....still, thats what its there for.

Comment

• huggy1956
                    • Nov 2009
                    • adelaide

"To satisfy myself, i did look at other cars, including the GLX Prado (nice car, power difference vs pajero is quite noticable, but looking at about $7000 more), considered challenger (i know i would have been disappointed after having the pajero), and Territory (had one previously but does not stand a chance whilst no diesel engine)"

Hi Hotdog,
                    Your comment about the power difference between the Prado and the Pajero got me interested in doing some comparisons. According to the technical data on carsales.com.au the following is a precis of both vehicles power:
                    Pajero 3.2 diesel 147 KW 441NM
                    Prado 3 diesel 127 KW 410 NM
                    I assume you were indicating that the Prado had more power than the Paj (or did I read this wrong).
                    Cheers mate
                    Huggy

Comment

• hotdog76
                      • Dec 2009
                      • Adelaide

Originally posted by huggy1956 View Post
                      "To satisfy myself, i did look at other cars, including the GLX Prado (nice car, power difference vs pajero is quite noticable, but looking at about $7000 more), considered challenger (i know i would have been disappointed after having the pajero), and Territory (had one previously but does not stand a chance whilst no diesel engine)"

Hi Hotdog,
                      Your comment about the power difference between the Prado and the Pajero got me interested in doing some comparisons. According to the technical data on carsales.com.au the following is a precis of both vehicles power:
                      Pajero 3.2 diesel 147 KW 441NM
                      Prado 3 diesel 127 KW 410 NM
                      I assume you were indicating that the Prado had more power than the Paj (or did I read this wrong).
                      Cheers mate
                      Huggy
                      Hi Huggy,
                      I think you did misunderstand my comment, I was actually less impressed with the Prado's power compared to the Pajero. In fact at that stage, i had not driven the NT with 147kw, only my current NS. When I did testdrive the NT, I was even happier with staying with the Pajero.
                      Regards
                      hotdog76

Comment

• Paj People 2009
                        Valued Member
                        • Oct 2009
                        • Sunny Gold Coast, QLD

Hi Huggy,

They certainly are for using! We have been spoilt with the old Paj. Been using that to get to work because of the Christmas/New Year madness. Didn't want to get a dent or scratch at this time of year! The Gold Coast is crazy at this time. Now that it's been sold, have to use the new one! Have only done a few day trips in it. Still, need to get to 1500km so we can tow the boat! It will come around quickly enough now.

Agree with the beeps on start up. Suppose in time we'll get used to it.

Not sure where the cable is connected on the back. It was a mass of coloured wires! He did some soldering too. Sorry, didn't want to see the mess too much whilst he was doing it!! He is a really nice chap. It's much more user friendly now.

When are you getting it done? Let us know what you think of it.

Cheers,
                        Sally

Comment

• brett
                          Valued Member
                          • Jun 2007

To stop the beeps see the thread on the seatbelt warning chime, you just need to disconnect a plug under the seat, very simple.

Comment

• huggy1956
                            • Nov 2009
                            • adelaide

Originally posted by brett View Post
                            To stop the beeps see the thread on the seatbelt warning chime, you just need to disconnect a plug under the seat, very simple.
                            Hi Brett,
                            There are two lots of beeps. The initial beeps are related to the inverters. Then a second lot of beeps relate to the seat belt (once the vehicle has travelled a few metres). Will the plug under the seat shut both lots of beeps up

Comment

• huggy1956
                              • Nov 2009
                              • adelaide

[QUOTE=Paj People 2009;71562]Hi Huggy,

They certainly are for using! We have been spoilt with the old Paj. Been using that to get to work because of the Christmas/New Year madness. Didn't want to get a dent or scratch at this time of year! The Gold Coast is crazy at this time. Now that it's been sold, have to use the new one! Have only done a few day trips in it. Still, need to get to 1500km so we can tow the boat! It will come around quickly enough now.

Agree with the beeps on start up. Suppose in time we'll get used to it.

Not sure where the cable is connected on the back. It was a mass of coloured wires! He did some soldering too. Sorry, didn't want to see the mess too much whilst he was doing it!! He is a really nice chap. It's much more user friendly now.

When are you getting it done? Let us know what you think of it.

Hi Sally,

The end of the cable I am talking about is the end you plug into your ipod. I assume you can also plug in and charge your iphone.
                              Going to buy the interface once I return to work (ugly word that) on Monday week. Now that you mentioned soldering you lost me completely (bring on the ARB/TJM man).

Cheers
                              Huggy

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X