• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dicko1
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2014
    • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by Keithyv View Post
    This has been discussed numerous times. The hooks on a late-generation Pajero are NOT just tie-down straps.

Despite not having a full rail chassis they ARE capable of being used as recovery points.

See here
    https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...43&postcount=2

Yes...just like tyres, which coils, which battery size...it gets a little frustrating. I believe people just dont use the search function. Not only will it stop repetitive questions but it will also lead you to other areas that may have an issue that is of interest. Dont stop asking but the search button is very useful.
    Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• gemster
      Valued Member
      • Aug 2012
      • Gold Coast

Originally posted by Keithyv View Post
      This has been discussed numerous times. The hooks on a late-generation Pajero are NOT just tie-down straps.

Despite not having a full rail chassis they ARE capable of being used as recovery points.

See here
      https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...43&postcount=2
      My mistake, I thought you were referring to a Gen 2... Silly Me...

If my receiver was that stuck, I would be looking at another bar to replace it...
      or Check for 'Hidden Welds" that have been ground down... Happened to a mate with a Patrol..

Gemster
      YES. ITS A MITZY . 97 NL 3.5 GLS AUTO (Formally owned by geopaj)__ Snorkel ,2 Uniden Uhfs , Roof Console, 2"lift, TT Suspension, Dual bat, Redarc System, BFG KO2's All Terrains, 55L sub tank, Pioneer sound, Milford cargo barrier, Extractors, SS exhaust, Rear camp light, Free Wheel Hubs, Improved Rear Storage unit, Alarm, Led interior lamps...
      And a 1999 NL LWB... Called 'Project Covid".. Stock Standard.
      ..Both with No Airbags. We die like real Men

Comment

• P4J3R0
        Valued Member
        • Jun 2013
        • Brisbane

My towbar was rusted in when I got my Paj.

Not having a forklift handy I used a chain and a tree on the highlift jack to pull it while hitting it with a BIG hammer. Also spend the week before spraying around it and behind it with RP7 or WD40.

Took a bit of effort but came out. Now I try and leave mine out most of the time so i don't have to worry about it becoming stuck again.
        NS Pajero, with stuff.

Comment

• spot01
          Valued Member
          • Apr 2011
          • Adelaide

Originally posted by P4J3R0 View Post
          My towbar was rusted in when I got my Paj.

Not having a forklift handy I used a chain and a tree on the highlift jack to pull it while hitting it with a BIG hammer. Also spend the week before spraying around it and behind it with RP7 or WD40.

Took a bit of effort but came out. Now I try and leave mine out most of the time so i don't have to worry about it becoming stuck again.
          Some grease when re-fitting would probably solve this issue.
          I remove & re-fit mine a couple of times a year to ensure it doesn't rust in.
          Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• HeavyPizzaz
            Valued Member
            • May 2017
            • Sydney

Installed a ProVent 200 kit from Western Filters this arvo after work. Still not sure how I feel about it. Installed it as per the instructions, which were pretty poor tbh. For the price I paid for it, I expected everything to fit a lot better than it does, rather than having 3 hoses conflicting with each other as per the photo. Wondering whether I should have paid the extra for the HPR or whatever the other one is that goes on the firewall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Dicko1
              Valued Member
              • Dec 2014
              • Cairns, FNQ

Take that shitty looking hose with you to supercheap ( or whatever motor store you have) and buy a replacement pipe with a better curvature.
              Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• gazza11
                • Aug 2017
                • Medowie NSW

Provent Catch Can

I had the same problem. Contacted Western Filters and they sent a length a hose free of charge. I played with the plastic connectors supplied, cut them down, and using the original hose and a piece of the hose they sent me, it now fits OK, not perfect, but a lot better. You have to spend some time getting the connection right. I complained to Western Filters, but apparently I was the only one having problems. But they were helpful, and offered extra hoses free, perhaps a call to them and with enough complaint they might change their kit.
                NT Pajero Exceed-factory tow bar and nudge bar-Provent 200 catch can-Michelin LTX Force tyres-DBA slotted front rotors-Bendix 4x4 Pads-Sheep Skin front seat covers.

Comment

• HeavyPizzaz
                  Valued Member
                  • May 2017
                  • Sydney

I've called Western Filters and to their credit they were extremely polite and offered to help out to rectify the situation.

Comment

• HeavyPizzaz
                    Valued Member
                    • May 2017
                    • Sydney

A new pipe will be coming soon but a guy at a Burson’s auto parts said a kink in this pipe wouldn’t matter too much anyway. Wasn’t the first time he’d seen a catch can. Thoughts?

Comment

• NTBenny
                      • May 2017
                      • Newcastle

Mine is the same as above. Slight kink in the pipe but has caused no issues. I'd prefer it not be like that though.

Benny.
                      2011 NT Pajero Platinum, DCS 80AH Extreme Battery, Stedi 8.5" LED driving lights, Bushskinz side steps & bash plates, Provent 200, Auto-mate TC lockup, Derale fan forced trans cooler, custom 3inch exhaust, JT intercooler, Bilstein + Lovells 2 inch lift, Airbag Man bags, DBA slotted rotors, braided brake lines, diff+gearbox+transfer breathers, Redarc boost & EGT gauge, Tuned by TME 141rwkw 598nm.

Comment

• HeavyPizzaz
                        Valued Member
                        • May 2017
                        • Sydney

Originally posted by NTBenny View Post
                        Mine is the same as above. Slight kink in the pipe but has caused no issues. I'd prefer it not be like that though.

Benny.

Thanks for the input mate, perhaps there are more cars like this but their owners aren’t bothered.

Comment

• HeavyPizzaz
                          Valued Member
                          • May 2017
                          • Sydney

Ex NSW Police General Duties MY16 NX Pajero - my ownership experience

So a trip out to Young today has revealed I have a weird audio problem going on with the factory touchscreen.

- Speakers in front are awesome for music.

- Speakers in the back do diddly squat. Very quiet. When the balance / fader is on centre you can’t hear a thing in the back because the fronts are overpowering them big time.

- When using Apple CarPlay and making a phone call, the phone audio only comes out the left front speaker and not the right.

What the flip is going on here!?

Car did 9.6L/100km on the highway though which I was thrilled with given the extra weight it has (bullbar, winch, aux tank) plus the family inside too.

Comment

• Pajshomoneroguntero
                            Valued Member
                            • Jul 2013
                            • Sydney

Phone audio is normal to only be out of the left. I believe it can be set to the right via MUTTIII (dealer, and you will probably know more than them).
                            NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread

Comment

• HeavyPizzaz
                              Valued Member
                              • May 2017
                              • Sydney

Getting the intake manifold and EGR cleaned today by my friendly mechanic.

FYI this is at 89,000km, 86,000 of which were done without a catch can. May assist you in deciding whether to get it done around the same mileage or wait.

Comment

• _jp_
                                Valued Member
                                • Dec 2013
                                • Adelaide Hills, SA

Thanks for posting the photos. Your manifold is quite clean considering some of the photos posted by other members. My NW has done about the same KMs as yours (only recently added a catch can and EGR resistor) and I was contemplating if an inlet manifold clean was worth doing now, or wait until symptoms occur.

I have been tracking my economy since day 1 and it has been consistent so feel my manifold can't be too blocked.
                                Last edited by _jp_; 16-11-18, 08:47 AM.
                                NW GLXR - SOLD
                                --------------
                                EVO 6 TME

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X