• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mckenzl
    • Mar 2013
    • WA

Kidney Stones..... again

Does anyone out there suffer kidney stones and have a trick they use to stop them coming back? Drinking plenty of water and a healthy diet doesn't seem to stop them for me. Atleast the morphine stopped the pain!

Liam
    Sold. 2007 NS VRX DID

Now. Isuzu MU-X MY17 LST
  • Scouter1
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2013
    • Sydney NSW

Not fun... A colleague had them a few times so I learned a bit about them from discussions at work. Prevention depends on the type of stones you are experiencing - there are a few different types so treatment can be different for each case.

Generally the recommended preventative actions for Kidney stones are:
    • Drink water throughout the day
    • Eat fewer oxalate-rich foods
    • Choose a diet low in salt and animal protein
    • Continue eating calcium-rich foods, but use caution with calcium supplements

Not a doctor...

Cheers,
    Stephen
    2011 Silver NT GLS DiD Auto with extra bits - build thread http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=36099

Comment

• littleriver
      Valued Member
      • Jan 2013
      • Queensland

I had them only once before ...

Cut back on my red meat, protein and always drink a water with a coffee after wards ...

Never had them back again ... knock on wood it's been 10yrs ...

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
        Valued Member
        • Aug 2016
        • Greater Sydney

Comment

• Allan2
          • May 2013
          • Mid Nort Coast, NSW

Not 100% sure but I believe they (the stones) can be examined and a cause for their existence given.
          Fizzy drinks can be another cause of them developing, don't know how. I have seen some pretty big strong people reduced to a mess on the floor doubled up in pain from them. Women who have had them have mentioned it is up there along with child birth.
          Allan.
          2009 NT, 3.2 Auto, D/Lights & Light Bar, EGR mod, Sump and Inter Cooler Guards, Tow Bar, Bog Standard.

Comment

• NFT5
            Valued Member
            • Apr 2011
            • Canberra

Originally posted by mckenzl View Post
            Atleast the morphine stopped the pain!
            Oxycontin works for me.

I already eat fairly well what they say, but just up the water.
            Chris

Comment

• jimcarr2008
              • Jul 2017
              • brisbane

Check out my little babies
              2013-09-14 14.37.13 by jemay Carrillo, on Flickr

I have been getting them since i was 18.....only cure is water, if your prone to get them then you will never cure yourself.....i would get a xray every 4 years just to check......once i thought i was clear cause i hadnt had a stone in 4 years until the doctor told me..."you havnt had a episode because its to big to move through......."SHIT"

Also the big one in the sample jar i didnt feel go through when i went for a piss....but i had one that nearly killed me with pain....and that was only a little one.

Comment

• rykiel575
                • Sep 2017
                • Sydney

How much dairy do you eat?

How much water do you drink?
                2012 NW Pajero GXL 3.2L

Comment

• mckenzl
                  • Mar 2013
                  • WA

Originally posted by rykiel575 View Post
                  How much dairy do you eat?

How much water do you drink?
                  Dairy, only yogurt. Can't handle milk. Water atleast 3L/ day.
                  Sold. 2007 NS VRX DID

Now. Isuzu MU-X MY17 LST

Comment

• stumagoo
                    Valued Member
                    • Jun 2014
                    • Perth WA S.O.R

one of the chaps at work has just had a bout with them, his doctor actaully claims one of the big causes locally is the tap water quality here in perth... (or lack of quality) my Father gets them at least once every 2 years, I have always thought he was as tough as nails but these things have him struggling to walk, he drinks rain water (and plenty of it) and has a pretty good diet just one of those unlucky people I think
                    1994 NJ 3.0 now with a 2000NL 3.5 engine and driveline, 2.5 catback, 32" MT Deegan 38's, 1" body lift, front diff drop with front tension rods indexed and cranked an 3", 3" on the rear coils
                    *** retired to the big wrecking yard in the sky***
                    1998 NL 3.5 blisterside, running a 6g75 (3.8) with M90 supercharger at 14psi, 305.70.16's on -44 rims 3.5" suspension lift, Custom Bull bar, winch install, custom front control arms, NJ GLS flares and some camping gear in the back

Comment

• BBP
                      • Oct 2007
                      • Canberra

I have had one. No fun at all. Had to be lasered it was so big. I have read that Apple cider vinegar and lemon juice is good for the calcium ones.

Comment

• mckenzl
                        • Mar 2013
                        • WA

Two weeks of hell almost at an end. 4 hospitals, 4 nights in hospital, too many pain killers to mention! I've had the stone lasered out. Only have the stent removal remaining. Thanks god it will all be over before we begin our road trip to Melbourne and back next weekend! I have two more retained stones, hopefully they don't cause any grief! Thanks for the tips I will hopefully find one that works for me.

Liam
                        Sold. 2007 NS VRX DID

Now. Isuzu MU-X MY17 LST

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X