• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wilyum
    • Jul 2008
    • Canberra

Aged TYres.

In April I purchased 5 new Bridgestone Dueler 694 LT tyres [265x70x16].When I arrived home I discovered that the tyres had a manufacture date of 5007. That is the 50th week 2007.I rang the Dealer immediately and informed him of the problem.His response was that it was not his problem as he did not make the tyres ,however, he would talk to someone at Bridgestone to see if anything could be done to rectify the problem.
    A week later I was given the name and number of a person to speak to at Bridgestone.
    Bridgestone would not replace the tyres but have agreed to warrant the tyres for 5 years from the date of sale and not from the date of manufacture as is normal.I have recieved written confirmation of this extended warranty.
    The tyres are fantastic.They are very quiet,are great in the wet and on loose gravel and have a good ride.
    The moral of this storey is check the date of manufacture of your new tyres before they are fitted and you have payed for them.
  • mrbitchi
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2007
    • Brisbane

To the best of my knowledge, warranty is always applied from date of first purchase. Manufacture date is irrelevant.
    Cheers, John.
    LC200 V8 goodness

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
    Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.

Comment

• dolphin
      Valued Member
      • Jan 2008

yes as we know tyres and many other products are mass produced and left to sit in the factories for some time before being sent out to dealers.
      NS 3.2 Diesel, Polor White , Black CSA Rims, HanKook Dynapro AT Tyres, 3 inch custom stainless steel exhaust with free flow Cat & Muffler, 50mm Lift, Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs, TJM Bullbar powder coated White, Custom 7mm Sump Guard & Transmission Guard, 8 inch LED Spotties plus 20 inch LED Light Bar, rear Reverse LED Light, ARB Roof Cage , Tiger11 Awning.

Comment

• wilyum
        • Jul 2008
        • Canberra

MRBITCHI,
        I have a letter from Bridgestone stating that their warranty commences from the date of manufacture.
        Cheers,
        Wilyum.

Comment

• brett
          Valued Member
          • Jun 2007

Bridgestone can say all they want about their warranty but I think you'll find basic consumer law might override them. Any warranty would have to start when you purchase the goods. Tyre warranties are always a bit tricky though.

Comment

• garfield
            Valued Member
            • Sep 2007
            • Moonta Bay SA

I have had previous experience on Yokohama geolander tyres and they only warranty then for 5 years from date on manufacture.
            regards Garfield

Comment

• Squizy
              • Dec 2008
              • Melbourne

I know rubber in tyres hardens with age and in some applications such as motorcycle tyres can be a death trap. However, horses for courses a good mate of my father?s (an old mechanic) purchases his tyres 12 to 24 months prior to needing them and puts them up in his shed and ages them prior to fitting them. Go figure!!
              Squizy
              - 05 Paj 3.2DiD

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X