Below Nav Bar

Collapse

Interior lights on 2006 Pajero not working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stevefromqld
    • Mar 2016
    • Gold Coast

Interior lights on 2006 Pajero not working?

I thought I would share what I found out when I blew the blade fuse for all the interior lights and side step lights and for some reason the trip meter reading went back to zero reading!

My Gregory's manual stated it was in the cabin fuse panel and the schematic confirmed this... However..... If you go to the fuse panel under the bonnet you will find the 15A blade fuse enclosed in the "tamper proof" enclosure which is yellow and houses 2 Blade fuses ....one of which is the interior fuse.

To access these 2 Fuses... Gently with both hands pull up evenly and it will move until the locator's stop it from going further.... Then gently with a flat blade screwdriver press the side in until the whole yellow enclosure lifts off!

I apologize if this solution has been covered in another thread... However at the time of my problem I couldn't find a solution on the website or elsewhere so I hope this saves someone else a lot of time trying to find this fuse....

I have attached a photo to show this fuse location in the engine bay...
    Attached Files
    NP 2006 exceed, Auto, DID 3.2, ECB Winch bar, King Springs, OZtec shock absorbers, Towbar, Fuel Manager secondary filter, Thumper compressor, Uniden UHF, Diff and Solenoid breathers, Nexcen AT Pro, Cabin Filter, Modified Brake lights /Blinkers/Reverse lights and Parking lights. 7 inch Led Spotties, Bushskinz Protection plates x2 ,
  • RUGGA
    Valued Member
    • Nov 2014
    • Adelaide

Good on you Steve. It will be of help because of how you word the title of your thread. I have come across this before in a thread with radio in the title. FYI, this type of fuse is used so that when the vehicle is being shipped, power (once the yellow casing is lifted) is not going to the interior lights and radio, this way saving possible drain of the battery. It is then up to the dealer to re-engage (push down) the fuse holder to set up the car for display/ownership/handover.
    02 NM 3.2, Auto, Exceed, I/C and sump guards, L&B 2" lift, 265/75/16 OPAT2.

Comment

• stevefromqld
      • Mar 2016
      • Gold Coast

Hi Rugga!

Thanks for the feedback and the info behind the yellow fuse enclosure! I have a few mates with the same type of padj... and they will be interested in your explanation!

Safe travels to all...
      NP 2006 exceed, Auto, DID 3.2, ECB Winch bar, King Springs, OZtec shock absorbers, Towbar, Fuel Manager secondary filter, Thumper compressor, Uniden UHF, Diff and Solenoid breathers, Nexcen AT Pro, Cabin Filter, Modified Brake lights /Blinkers/Reverse lights and Parking lights. 7 inch Led Spotties, Bushskinz Protection plates x2 ,

Comment

• Pagie
        • Nov 2011
        • Dandenongs

I had the same thing happen when I tried to replace the rear interior lamp. I blew the same fuse and lost trip metre and radio etc. I bought new fuses and lamps but every time I try to replace the lamp I blow the fuse again. So I will do without the rear light. Everything else works except the radio even with the right code it has died. Needed a new radio anyway.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X