• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Herman4x4
    Valued Member
    • Oct 2009
    • Melton, Victoria

Bought a coffee dripper

I like to have a nice coffee each day, not a fan of instance. We have a couple of weekends away coming up, so instead of not having a coffee, we bought one of these. Its a campfire coffee espresso maker. Still to use it, will give it a try tomorrow. The cups are small, more of a short black size, but can pour into a bigger one for a latte or capacino. It seems well made. I will update once I have used it.
    What do other use when away to make a decent coffee?
    Cheers,
    Andrew.
    Attached Files
    Cheers,
    Andrew.

2008 NS Diesel Auto - stock as a rock. Planning Tow bar, dual battery system, cargo barrier, bullbar, winch, lights, roof rack and suspension.
    Jayco Starcraft 17.58-3.
  • nifty
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2009

This would be my choice. I have the machine at home and it makes a pretty good coffee. Unfortunately my inverter is too small at present. Have run it on the generator though

Comment

• Jords
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2011
      • Kellyville Ridge

have to admit I use the cappuccino sachets with some grated white chocolate kind of like the Gloria jeans white chocolate mocha.

but that one you got looks pretty good what was it worth if you don't mind me asking?
      2007 NS VRX Cool Siver, Mitsu Alloy BB with spotties, MM towbar, Family Pack, ARB Awning, Duel battery with Optima yellow top starter, Bushskinz intercooler and sump combo, 2" lift with Bilstein shocks and HD Lovels, Ultragauge (Sold 2014)

Comment

• Herman4x4
        Valued Member
        • Oct 2009
        • Melton, Victoria

Never thought about running one of an inverter.
        I got this off ebay for $49.99 including shipping. Only down side that I can see so far is it can not be used on a fire or coals. I think that is due to the silicon.
        Cheers,
        Andrew.
        Cheers,
        Andrew.

2008 NS Diesel Auto - stock as a rock. Planning Tow bar, dual battery system, cargo barrier, bullbar, winch, lights, roof rack and suspension.
        Jayco Starcraft 17.58-3.

Comment

• Ranger J
          Valued Member
          • Jun 2007
          • Perth, Western Australia

I bought the girlfriend one of these bad boys for Xmas so we can make a decent coffee whilst we are away camping.

water in the bottom, coffee in the middle, milk in the top.

Stovetop coffee is new to me and still haven't perfected the art yet, but I'll get there.
          NP GLS DID Auto: ARB Bar, Warn XD9000, Rear ARB Locker, Dobinsons, Bilsteins, 33" BFG MT's, 61Lt Sub Tank, Striker 170's, Dual Batts, etc. etc. etc.

Comment

• Herman4x4
            Valued Member
            • Oct 2009
            • Melton, Victoria

like the look of that one Ranger. Does it foam the milk as well?
            Cheers,
            Andrew.
            Cheers,
            Andrew.

Jayco Starcraft 17.58-3.

Comment

• nj swb
              Resident
              • Jun 2007
              • Adelaide

Black coffee makes life so much simpler.

Last year I bought one of these:

Not quite as good as a long black from my machine at home, but I still prefer it to instant. I grind beans before I leave home - but I'm thinking of finding a grinder to take camping.
              NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• Herman4x4
                Valued Member
                • Oct 2009
                • Melton, Victoria

Drinking it black would make it easier. I have a foamer that Vitoria brought out a few years ago. It is the pump kind, looks like it wouldnt do a thing, but does a great job.
                Cheers,
                Andrew.
                Cheers,
                Andrew.

Jayco Starcraft 17.58-3.

Comment

• ARGS
                  Valued Member
                  • Jul 2012
                  • Brisbane

yep stovetop is the go.. my inverter is too small too to run the aldi machine from home, but big enough for the milk frother! So my setup is just a decent stovetop expresso and the milk frother on the inverter Nothing beats it in the red-eye mornings
                  1995 GLS 3.5, optioned to the shhizam with just couple of mods

Comment

• Herman4x4
                    Valued Member
                    • Oct 2009
                    • Melton, Victoria

going to give it a go today. i did a test with water, and when it boiled it came pouring out of the spout.
                    cheers,
                    andrew.
                    Cheers,
                    Andrew.

Jayco Starcraft 17.58-3.

Comment

• Blaknight
                      • May 2010
                      • Tarneit

Saw this yesterday at Rays. Wonder how well it works.
                      Gen 1 SWB NC. (RIP).

Comment

• Herman4x4
                        Valued Member
                        • Oct 2009
                        • Melton, Victoria

I think it would work well, same principle as the home dripper.
                        Cheers,
                        Andrew.
                        Cheers,
                        Andrew.

Jayco Starcraft 17.58-3.

Comment

• Brownie
                          • Nov 2008
                          • Brisbane

Originally posted by Ranger J View Post
                          I bought the girlfriend one of these bad boys for Xmas so we can make a decent coffee whilst we are away camping.

water in the bottom, coffee in the middle, milk in the top.

Stovetop coffee is new to me and still haven't perfected the art yet, but I'll get there.
                          I have been using a mukka coffee maker for the past couple of years - same cow design. They make a reasonable cappuccino - frothy milk and all. I find the coffee is better than any other option I have tried except for proper coffee machines.

They can be a bit fiddly - need to have everything really clean, to get a good cup of coffee, and they only make 2 tiny sized cups of coffee per serve, or one decent mug sized coffee per serve.

They are made of aluminium, and the insides get a black scale growing which needs to get scrubbed off before use - the same design but made out of stainless steel would be a better option.

Still looking for the best camping coffee option.
                          Sold Pajero NS R SWB 2008
                          Replaced with a 2018 Mazda BT50

Comment

• Herman4x4
                            Valued Member
                            • Oct 2009
                            • Melton, Victoria

I have made two coffees today. First tasted crap, was old ground coffee we had so think it was that. The second I got the ground coffee from our coffee machine, and it tasted great. If I can get a coffee like that camping, I will be a happy camper.
                            And it would make 3 mugs or two strong ones.
                            Cheers,
                            Andrew.
                            Last edited by Herman4x4; 03-03-13, 03:39 PM. Reason: add more
                            Cheers,
                            Andrew.

Jayco Starcraft 17.58-3.

Comment

• ilikeachallenge
                              • Feb 2017
                              • victoria

IMG_4230.jpg
                              This is our home and camping coffee pot.water in the bottom,coffee in the middle and pop it on the stove or coals.Bialetti the original Italian coffee pot.works every time.if your unlucky you may have to replace the $5.00 rubber seal every 2 years or so.
                              2014 Ironbark Auto PC. TJM Bullbar and 9500 lb winch with rope,Safari snorkel,ARB bashplates,factory rear locker,BFG KO2 all terrains,custom rear storage and false floor,second row Engel 40 lt fridge mount,tint,Rasslar rock sliders,100 amp dual battery with 40 amp dcdc charger,45 cent EGR resistor mod,MM tow bar,GME 40 channel uhf with RFI antenna,I drive throttle controller,hard wired 180 lt per minute compressor,kings 2.5x3mt awning,Xray spots,OztecKings combo.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X