Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-1 Pajero

Generation 4-1 Pajero NS Model 2006 - 2009

Old 02-11-12
Who ya gunna call....

Question Hey mate where did you put ya mic?

G'day Guys
About to install my uhf and am wondering where you guys have mounted your mic.
Mine is a full control mic so a little bigger than a mic only.
Not keen on putting holes in the dash for a mount so I'm wondering what the masses have done.

Cheers Guys
Old 02-11-12
Valued Member

I also didn't want to drill holes in the dash so all i do is loop mine around the 4WD transfer leaver on the transmission tunnel. It keeps it out of the way on a day to day basis and is still easy to access. When I am off-roading I have my GPS attached to the windscreen and have made up a hook for the mic that allows me to clip it to the GPS cradle and gives quick and easy access.

John

2010 MY11 NT RX Diesel Turbo: Smart Bar, Bush Skinz Bash Plates, Bush Skinz rock sliders, Ironman side awning, Cibie driving lights, rear LED work/reversing light, Black widow rear drawers, 2nd battery, UHF, cargo barrier, Airtec snorkel, Bilstein shocks, King Springs, poly airs, air compressor, Hankook RF10 265/65R18s, Rhino aero bars

Wish list: Rear diff locker, long range tank, 48L water tank in rear seat well, 3" exhaust, Rhino roof basket
Old 02-11-12
"2000"+ Valued Contributor

Send a message via MSN to sharkcaver Send a message via Skype™ to sharkcaver

Mine lives in a stubby holder which lives in the cup holder.

Too easy

MY16 NX GLX5, Dobinson's HD springs + MRR shocks + Firestone airbags, 17" Toyo Opats, XXX bar, Dominator winch + IB500 relay, Full Bushskinz kit, Rhino track mount, 7" led spots, 23" light bar, SPV block, Ultragauge, Donaldson secondary filter, LRA 81L aux, 105AGM in rear + Projecta IDC25, 2 tier rear shelf + slide, ARB on board compressor, 2.5 x 3.0 awning

NX build

My Journeys
Old 02-11-12

Not wanting to drill holes either I mounted my mic clip under the RH vent with (quality) double sided tape. That way when I remove it later I can clean up with some metho & no holes.
I mount most things with d/sided tape, if you use a decent quality one it will never come off unless you want it to.
Cheers,
Paul
2010 NT Pajero DiD Activ Mica Black - Safari Snorkel,T/Dog - 50mm Lovells rear, f/stone airbags, 50mm bilst/lov front. Ctek D250S. L/force 170's, Teko P3, C/Barrier, B/stone D697LT, GME TX4400, UltraGuage. ARB Sahara Bar. Bushskinz i/c, sump guards. Provent 200 & SPVi Mod. & d/son secondary fuel filter.

Check out my Photo Bucket;
http://s268.beta.photobucket.com/use...60064201786735
Old 02-11-12
Who ya gunna call....

Cool

Cup holder/transfer lever sounds to easy.
This is why I ask questions like this.
The obvious was not obvious to me.
Old 02-11-12

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK View Post
Not wanting to drill holes either I mounted my mic clip under the RH vent with (quality) double sided tape. That way when I remove it later I can clean up with some metho & no holes.
I mount most things with d/sided tape, if you use a decent quality one it will never come off unless you want it to.
Cheers,
Paul
x 2 for the double sided tape!

NT RX 2009 3.2TD Manual Ironbark with the usual stuff
Old 02-11-12
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodsy View Post
Cup holder/transfer lever sounds to easy.
This is why I ask questions like this.
The obvious was not obvious to me.
I agree 100% about the obvious not always being obvious and for that reason I think I am going to amend my approach to the double sided tape as PMK suggests. A great idea and very neat.

John

2010 MY11 NT RX Diesel Turbo: Smart Bar, Bush Skinz Bash Plates, Bush Skinz rock sliders, Ironman side awning, Cibie driving lights, rear LED work/reversing light, Black widow rear drawers, 2nd battery, UHF, cargo barrier, Airtec snorkel, Bilstein shocks, King Springs, poly airs, air compressor, Hankook RF10 265/65R18s, Rhino aero bars

Wish list: Rear diff locker, long range tank, 48L water tank in rear seat well, 3" exhaust, Rhino roof basket
Old 02-11-12

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK View Post
Cheers,
Paul
Maybe that's what I'm doing wrong mine just continues to fall off
2011 RX Warm white, Stereo upgrade, Towbar, Tinting, Interior Protection, Paint Protection, Electronic Rust, TJM Sump Guard, bonnet protector, 75w HID spotties, 2'' Bilstein and kings, airtec snorkel, Cooper At3, uniden uhf, custom rear lighting, colour coded deluxe bull bar, piranha battery tray with abr isolator ... more to come

Towing: Jimboomba Camper trailer
Old 02-11-12

Scotch permanent outdoor mounting tape works pretty well. Think it cost about 15 to 20 bucks for a roll. Had some 3M stuff on mine at first and it got some red dust behind it and so eventually lost stickyness but the scotch stuff I'm using now is insane. Guy at Bunnings said when I bought it "make sure you know it's in the right spot when you put it in, this stuff isn't designed to be removable, it's designed to stick forever"
Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.
Old 03-11-12

Send a message via Skype™ to whatsupkramer

Mine is also one with all the controls. I mounted the radio under the centre console and brought the hand piece under the lhs of the console and it is mounted flay between the transfer and auto leavers with double sided tape.