Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-2 Pajero

Generation 4-2 Pajero NT model 2009 - 2011

Old 4 Weeks Ago

Unhappy Electrical problem after replacing battery tray

Hi from a long time lurker

I have just replaced my cracked battery tray and when I reconnected the battery I had the normal ASC light after starting , but also had indications that all doors were open.

I also then noticed that the blinkers, key fob does not work to unlock /lock doors, side mirror fold does not work, interior lights and rear wiper all do not work.

I have checked the hazard fuse and all associated fuses including the two fuses in the yellow Install On Delivery block with no blown fuses.

I then thought it may be the Ultra Gauge being connected during battery reconnection so then disconnected the battery again and pulled the Ultra Gauge from the OBD port.

With the same result of blinkers, doors, wing mirrors, interior lights and rear wiper not working.

As it is now definitely to late and dark and too many hours going round in circles to think of reasons why I have this problem.

I thought I would put the question here has anyone else had this problem and could they point me I the right direction to get this fixed.

Kind regards

Cows

Last edited by cows; 4 Weeks Ago at 07:54 AM. Reason: Amend title
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Default Getting a bit frustrated now

Come on fellas

Someone must have something to have look at for this or at least have something to say about the ECU that controls the affected systems.

Cheers

Cows
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Try driving the car for about 1/2 kilometer this should get rid of the ASC light as it needs to reset so maybe it will do the same to the rest of the things that are playing up, good luck.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Resident

Looking at circuit diagrams available here: http://faq.out-club.ru/download/paje...9/index_M1.htm

Fuse 18 in the Relay Box (I presume that's the one under the bonnet) appears common to all of those systems (and lots of other systems that you haven't listed). Fuse 15 (in the Relay Box) is also common to many of them, which is an ignition switched source.

Did you physically pull these fuses and check them for continuity with a multimeter?

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Dundee11
Sorry I failed to write that I had already driven the car and got rid of the ACS light.

It was only when I pulled in the driveway that I noticed the door open indicators and then the rest of the problems.

NJSWB
Thanks for the link I already have that and have been looking at the circuit diagrams.

I have already pulled all fuses and checked with a multimeter with all fuses being good.

Progress so far today is I have the dash pulled apart and have pulled the ETAC ECU, checked the board all looks good.

You would think when the car is running that you would get a CEL for time out of the ECU if it was mal-functioning?

From reading the manual a MUTT would make the fault finding easy.

Any thoughts or further ideas greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Cows
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Iíve seen fuses that look and test okay once removed but which when inserted donít have continuity.

Personally, Iíd buy a bunch of fuses and physically replace each one (one at a time) and work my way through every fuse (and any fusible links) and see if that makes a difference.

Have you installed any LED globes anywhere recently?

Next thing would to be check all the earths near the battery.

Have you removed the newly installed battery tray and checked underneath to see if any looms etc got caught up underneath? Iíd do this and retrace all my steps backwards methodically.

ETACS are known to die on gen 4 Pajeros, but would be a pretty big coincidence to have happened at the same time unless a connector has been shorted or there has been some sort of surge. This would be the last place to consider. ETACS ECUs are not available from dealers from what Iíve read, so youíll need to obtain one secondhand from a wreckers and they arenít cheap. I wouldnít replace this until having it professionally diagnosed as faulty and trying all other possibilities.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Cows, what is the current state of issues then, just blinkers, doors, wing mirrors, interior lights and rear wiper not working but no ASC light?
3M color stable tint all round. Spare wheel lift kit. 'Dynamat' in all doors. Pioneer AVH-Z5150BT Head Unit. Upgraded Speakers. Rear USB outlet. Factory nudge bar with Light Force Spotties. Provent catch can. LED interior lights.
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithyv View Post
Cows, what is the current state of issues then, just blinkers, doors, wing mirrors, interior lights and rear wiper not working but no ASC light?
Hi Kiethy

Yes that what I have at the moment.

Flyboy
Thanks for the input

Today I have removed the battery tray and confirmed no damaged wiring, have also checked silly things like all blinkers bulbs and all interior festoon bulbs there aren’t any blown.

I have also done some resistance checks of ETACS connector terminal and body earth as per the manual

It’s looking like I need a MUTT to do much troubleshooting as I think it’s looking like replacing the ETACS is getting to be the answer

Cows
Old 1 Week Ago

Well to close this thread.

Took the Pajero to the dealer, yes as thought the ETAC was faulty.
They could not put any light on the what and why, just that the can bus was not getting signals from the ETACS

A new unit was fitted, they stated that they have had problems with second hand ETACS, when fitted not excepting the new setup.

So at that stage I was over it and just went with the new ETACS, all fixed and everything working as normal.

Cheer

Cows