• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alex86
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2007
    • Here and there

Rheem heat pump help

Hi all, there's a good variety of knowledge here so thought I'd tap (pun intended) into it.

Got a Rheem MPI 325 heat pump water heater. The other day it started flashing a series of 6 red "attention" flashes. No sign of the green light, and I haven't heard or seen the unit run.

The owners manual doesn't tell me much, or even what the 6 flashes might actually refer to. Got a plumber coming tomorrow to check it out, but I was wondering if anyone here knew what the 6 flash fault code might be?

Some googling seems to indicate "heating unit on compressor thermistor fault condition" but that still leaves me a little blank, and still it's not necessarily legit!

Thanks!
    Last edited by Alex86; 29-10-17, 06:33 PM.
    '99 NL Escape, Manual - Bullbar, roofrack, cargo barrier, D697LT, Tough Dogs, dual batts, rear draws, Narva 225 HID, UHF, led bar etc
    Towing: 4.8m Savage Centurion half-cab w/75hp Mariner

'99 NL GLS SWB, Auto - Bullbar, D697LT, spotties, UHF, Koni adjustables & King springs.

Wanted: Adventure.
  • nj swb
    Resident
    • Jun 2007
    • Adelaide

Try http://www.solarhotwaterrepairsqld.c...B-2014July.pdf

Pages 33 & 34.

"Compressor thermistor fault condition"
    NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• Alex86
      Valued Member
      • Jul 2007
      • Here and there

Hmm thanks. My manual doesn't have that!
      My googling didn't uncover that one yet either...
      '99 NL Escape, Manual - Bullbar, roofrack, cargo barrier, D697LT, Tough Dogs, dual batts, rear draws, Narva 225 HID, UHF, led bar etc

'99 NL GLS SWB, Auto - Bullbar, D697LT, spotties, UHF, Koni adjustables & King springs.

Comment

• GHendo
        Valued Member
        • Mar 2012
        • Northern NSW

I've got one of these units and it's been a bit of a pain in the bum - have had to get the serviceman out a few times. What your problem sounds like is the same as one I had – the thermistor on the compressor is saying the compressor is running too hot – but in my case the compressor was fine. The bloke said a new part (thermistor) was some ridiculous price and he recommended he just short circuit it so the unit thought the compressor was ok all the time – and that’s what we did. That was probably over 12 months ago now and it has been working fine ever since.

Cheers

Geoff
        03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• Alex86
          Valued Member
          • Jul 2007
          • Here and there

Cheers.

Will see what the bloke reckons tomorrow. Hopefully cheap and easy!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X