Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Trekking around Oz

Trekking around Oz Where have you been? Where are you going? Report your trip.

Old 26-09-19

Default Kimberley August 2019

Just spent 6 weeks in the Kimberley as a quick overview heres where we when Kalgan Pool, Doolena Gorge,Broome, Derby, Gibb River Road, Munja Track to Walcott Inlet, Wyndham, Old Kurunjie Road from Wyndham back to Gibb River Rd, Parry Creek Farm, Spring Ck, Kununrra, Lake Argyle, crossed into the Northern Territory to take the Duncan Hwy, overnight at the Zebra Rock Mine and Camp Ground, Saw Pit Gorge, Palm Springs, Halls Creek, back to Broome then Perth.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is the first Video edited from our DJI Mavic Pro Drone. Filmed at Walcott Inlet at the end of the Munja Track which can be accessed via Mount Elizabeth Station off the Gibb River Road.

Its a 4K video just over 8 minutes long of just Walcott Inlet with some informative text added to the video.

View on youtube: West Kimberley Walcott Inlet Video

Note: To see the video in its full 4K glory you need to have a compatible computer/monitor viewed on a 4K capable screen. youtube will give other quality options from 360p to 4K.
MY14 GLX-R Pajero, Modified Brown Davis Intercoola & Sump Plates, Bushskinz Rear Bumper Protector, Bushskinz Transmission & Transfer Plates, ARB Bullbar, Warn Zeon 10-s Winch, Cheap HID Spotties, Koni shocks with 40mm Lift, Cooper AT3, Ultra Guage,Stedi ST4000 Light Bar, HPD Catch Can, Dash Cam

To go where very few have gone before

Our Travels & Our YouTube Channel

Last edited by Pajaru; 26-09-19 at 02:01 AM. Reason: Problem with video link
Old 26-09-19

Great video with the drone showing some fantastic country. The Kimberley is remarkable country in so many ways and was a standout on our last lap, we’re doing it again next year to catch all the places we missed first time around.

We did visit the the Zebra Rock Mine and did the sunset tour of Lake Argyle with owner Kim and it was a special experience.

2018 QE Pajero Sport GLS, Factory Accessories: Alloy Bull Bar, Tow Bar, Underbody Protection, Aftermarket: Uniden CB, Redarc Electric Brake Controller, Bushman Cooler, Rhino Roof Bars; Full Tint, OCAM Extendable Tow Mirrors, Fridge Tie Down Racks, Kickass Battery Box with Projecta DC DC charger, King KCRS-23 with the Peddars 5899 bump stops, Almac Boat Loader, Almac Outboard Slide, Provent catch can, More to come
Tows a 2015 Billabong Grove 186
Old 26-09-19
"2000"+ Valued Contributor

Send a message via MSN to sharkcaver Send a message via Skype™ to sharkcaver

Wow, that's one hell of an awesome trip. Great vid. Makes me jealous.

MY16 NX GLX5, Dobinson's HD springs + MRR shocks + Firestone airbags, 17" Toyo Opats, XXX bar, Dominator winch + IB500 relay, Full Bushskinz kit, Rhino track mount, 7" led spots, 23" light bar, SPV block, Ultragauge, Donaldson secondary filter, LRA 81L aux, 105AGM in rear + Projecta IDC25, 2 tier rear shelf + slide, ARB on board compressor, 2.5 x 3.0 awning

NX build

My Journeys
Old 27-09-19

Quote:
Wow, that's one hell of an awesome trip
Thanks, It was a great trip and we enjoyed it immensely . Just wish it could have been longer.

But Can still relive it all through the vids and having said that

This is the second Video from our August 2019 Kimberley trip. Edited from 4K video taken with our DJI Mavic Pro Drone. Filmed at Kalgan Pool just North of Newman in Western Australia's Pilbara Region.

Its a 4K video 4 and a bit minutes long of just Kalgan Pool and the surrounding Ophthalmia Range. There is also some informative text added to the video.

View on youtube: Kalgan Pool, Pilbara, Western Australia.
MY14 GLX-R Pajero, Modified Brown Davis Intercoola & Sump Plates, Bushskinz Rear Bumper Protector, Bushskinz Transmission & Transfer Plates, ARB Bullbar, Warn Zeon 10-s Winch, Cheap HID Spotties, Koni shocks with 40mm Lift, Cooper AT3, Ultra Guage,Stedi ST4000 Light Bar, HPD Catch Can, Dash Cam

Old 11-10-19

Wink

The third video in Our Kimberley series is of the Cockburn Range along the Karunjie Track. This video is a compilation of Drone Video, several photos and a couple of clips from our hand held video camera. The Cockburn Range is situated West of the Pentecost River North of the Gibb River Road in the Kimberley Region of Western Australia. Karunjie Track is a pretty easy track for about two thirds coming from the Wyndnam end but does become a more difficult 4WD track for the last third towards Gibb River Road. Note Kurunjie is an alternate spelling but this is incorrect.

View on YouTube: Cockburn Range, Kimberley, Western Australia

Old 12-10-19
Valued Member

Great videos - fabulous area. We have only scratched the surface of the Kimberley and want to go back there.
Old 2 Days Ago

Finally found so time do do another video in our Kimberley series.

This video is a compilation Video filmed in 4K with our DJI Mavic Pro Drone and a slide show including photos taken with the Mavic Drone and our Pentax KS2 DSLR camera.

The Drone video/photos is of James Price Point in The Kimberley Region of Western Australia. James Price Point is located some 50 kms North of Broome on the Dampier Peninsula. To get there first head East from Broome on the Broome Hwy turn Left onto Cape Leveque Rd then turn left onto Manari Road. Follow this for about 40 kms and you'll come across James Price Point just off to the left.

The DSLR photos where all taken along the West Coast of the Dampier Peninsula around Willie Creek, Cape Boileau, Quondong Beach, James Price Point, Coulomb Point and finaly Cape Bertolet.

In all, we spent around two weeks in Broome and camping on the West Coast of the Dampier Peninsula mostly at Quondong Point and James Price Point.

View on YouTube: James Price Point, Kimberley, Western Australia

Old 2 Days Ago
"2000"+ Valued Contributor

Send a message via MSN to sharkcaver Send a message via Skype™ to sharkcaver

Lovely part of the world. Did my first open water dive after qualifying at James Price Pt 28 years ago. Not exactly the best place for a shore dive, but a best place for scenery.

Thanks for bringing back some fond memories....

MY16 NX GLX5, Dobinson's HD springs + MRR shocks + Firestone airbags, 17" Toyo Opats, XXX bar, Dominator winch + IB500 relay, Full Bushskinz kit, Rhino track mount, 7" led spots, 23" light bar, SPV block, Ultragauge, Donaldson secondary filter, LRA 81L aux, 105AGM in rear + Projecta IDC25, 2 tier rear shelf + slide, ARB on board compressor, 2.5 x 3.0 awning

NX build

My Journeys