Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Challenger > PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014

PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014 Covering 2.5 HP diesel

Old 30-11-16
Valued Member

Anytime after 7 AM is fine for liquid breakfasts.
Paul 2015 PC Challenger LS Auto - 2" Ultimate lift, Duraturn 265/70/17 A/Ts , catch can and resistor mod, Custom MCC Bullbar ,12000lb winch , Dual batteries ,Boo's Bash plates ,E-Drive throttle controller,Auto Mate, In car entertainment and more.
Old 10-12-16

This may not help, but my fan stopped working a week ago too.
Fortunately we hit a bump in the road and it has been working since.
I did not get a chance to isolate the issue but has the hallmark of a loose connector somewhere.
BTW thanks for the schematics OJ an KB, I will keep them for further reference.
Old 14-12-16

Quote:
Originally Posted by whynot View Post
FYI while the glovebox is out, some photos of whats there.
Hey, thanks for the photos! I was about to dive into that region to see if I could find a source of an intermittent buzz that drives me up the wall at times. The previous owner had some driving lights installed and I've traced a number of other buzzes and rattles to things that they didn't tighten up properly or forgot to install the bolts into!
Has anyone else traced and rectified a buzz under the airbag - it seems to come in at about 2000rpm when the engine is under load. It also seems to have stopped now that the daily temperature has risen, so I'm suspecting a plastic component is the culprit here!
I get an occasional buzz from atop the instrument binnacle too, must trace that!
Redtag
Charcoal PB auto, 2012. Pretty bog standard at the moment - nudge bar and IPF HID driving lights (bodgy retrofit by previous owner!), factory rear difflockt, Bushkins for intercooler and front diff, Toyo OPAT 265/65/R17 LT, profile bars and Oztrail awning, Ultragauge Blue, EGR plug n'play, Automate and paddles.
Old 20-12-16

Finally bit the bullet and went to an auto electritian. Replaced fan speed resistor and all working again.
I had tested this as per earlier post with readings and thought it was ok. Proves I don't understand electronics that well (like natural selection, more Coopers may kill off the weaker braiin cells and make me smarter ).
Resistor is earth triggered so there was anearting problem???

I had actually puchased and returned a Fan speed resistor from MM. They checked part number against vehicles VIN but the part was not correct. Supplied a single fin resistor and my vehicle has a multi fin resistor.
Cost approx
$200 multi fin fan speed resistor
$150 labour

Thanks to all who contributed and gave suggestions. My son and I enjoyed trying to trouble shoot the problem even though we were not successful this time.

Tim
Now gone but still have great memories of adventures - 2010 PB auto Challenger, Factory tow bar, King springs, Oztec shocks, Firestone airbags, TJM steel bar, snorkel, bash plates. Redarc brake controller, custon draws, second batery in back. Anderson plug, redarc isolator, manual circuit breaker. Towing jayco eagle outback 2005.
Turbo replaced under warranty at 159200 klm. Engine dead at 190000 klm.
Old 15-01-17

Resistor I think it was in my np
Old 25-03-17

Quote:
Originally Posted by inwood View Post
This may not help, but my fan stopped working a week ago too.
Fortunately we hit a bump in the road and it has been working since.
I did not get a chance to isolate the issue but has the hallmark of a loose connector somewhere.
BTW thanks for the schematics OJ an KB, I will keep them for further reference.
Well my Fan finally stopped working completely but before it died, a thud on the glove box would bring the fan back to life.

Removed the fan unit and found the motor was dead.

A new motor from Mitsu is $545 plus at least a 24 hour wait for it to be delivered.

Found a motor out of a 2015 Triton at the wreckers for $110 and is working like new.
Fan replacement is a quick and very easy operation.
Old 1 Week Ago

Sorry for digging up an old thread but my aircon has just become intermittent. One day it works perfectly in all positions, the next it wont work at all in any. I've checked all the fuses mentioned in this thread, and I can hear the rear demist relay clicking on and off as I turn it on and off. But when I turn on the fan, I hear nothing. There are 3 relays under the dash with the fuses, I cannot find anything for those relays in the owners manual as yet. Would anyone be able to inform me which relay does what so I can swap a couple over to test if it is the relay or the wiring before I go pulling the glove box out to test the blower motor?

Thanks in advance.
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

See post #8 in this thread for the relay locations.
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingbrown View Post
See post #8 in this thread for the relay locations.
Thanks heaps I kept opening the schematic instead 🤦@*$#♂️ I kept reading that one but overlooking it.
Old 3 Days Ago

Stupidity reigns.
In my haste to investigate I unplugged the airbag connection at the top of the glovebox. Am I correct in saying the only way to clear the error now on the dash with with the mitsubishi obd mut-III gear? If there are alternatives I'm keen to know as so far the dealers I've spoken to want at least $75 so for a simple mistake/fix it is feeling expensive at the moment