Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Bits and Pieces

Bits and Pieces Whatever does not fit into the other catergories.

Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

That's a good point you make about frugal use of fuel, and what I was originally going for. If I'm honest though, the majority to all of my use would be in places where I'm not scrounging around for tiny scraps but would have enough to use blower style. That doesn't mean I don't want to still perfect the first idea.

On the zen stoves site I saw a link to a more perfected woodgas stove that actually seems to meet something I was thinking

http://journeytoforever.org/biofuel_...odgasStove.pdf

They talk about flame wick in there, and I pondered making the smoke/gas go through a smaller passage to increase the velocity instead of having taller chimney type for the same purpose. It might mean it can be made short enough that it is really stable, I'll just have to play with it. They also have a grate at the bottom to control air flow achieving my other desire of some heat control.

He does seem to use the little blowers that he has for larger fires, burning out stumps etc. Interesting guy with a lot of cool thoughts. I wish I had a spot welder of his calibre for various things I like to make. Maybe one day I'll put one together