• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yeorgos
    • Feb 2020
    • Adelaide

Hi Alex

The 200 series which also had a front locker was coming out of a dry creek bed and decided to go up a rocky step up which was a bit high and required some track maintanance to assist the climb , the front tyres couldn't get a grip and he spun them a bit harder to try and get traction and Snap , the left CV gone , the owner driver had driven this obstacle before in his previous GU Patrol without any mishap

The HDJ100 sheered the front crown wheel reversing up a sand dune to recover another vehicle that had bottomed out on top .

To be honest both drivers ( I'm acquainted with) were not really thrashing the vehicles , and even by fitting solid pinion spacers to strengthen the Toyota diffs you can still break them if not careful as its their weak link , (heaps of info on LCOOL forum)

Ive owned an IFS Hilux and Landcruiser and haven't come close to damaging any of my vehicles , but i see it all too often with some new club members being too enthusiastic with the accelerator and need to be toned down and advised , hence club training

Cheers
    George
    2016 NX GLS Pajero
    2010 JT Grand Vitara 3.2 V6

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
    Working...
    X