• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LumberJackJim
    • Mar 2018
    • USA

Suspension questions from a US Montero owner

Hello everyone,

I live in the US and have a 2003 Montero Limited LWB Petrol.

I currently have the Old Man Emu kit fitted with both the shocks/struts and coils.

I am looking to make the move to KONI Raid struts and shocks while still retaining the OME coils. Does anyone have experience with this setup?

I am looking for a smooth around the town ride while still retaining the offroad capability and comfort.

Also, does anyone know how much the ARB bumper weighs?!
  • rykiel575
    • Sep 2017
    • Sydney

ARB steel bar weighs about 60kg IIRC
    2012 NW Pajero GXL 3.2L

Comment

• old Jack
      Regular
      • Jun 2011
      • Adelaide, South Australia.

THe ARB/OME Nitro Charger Sport struts and shockers tend to give a harder/ firmer ride than the Nitro Charger (Non Sport). Koni struts and shockers have a reputation for being compliant but controlled, I ran Koni (not the Raid) on a 89 Jackaroo (Isuzu Trooper) with FRont Torsion Bar and rear leaf suspension, for over 15 years/300,000+ kms and the only problem I had was the rubbers on the "pin" type shocker mounts lasted about 50,000 kms whereas the rubber bushes in the eye end mounts lasted at least double the distance.

OJ.
      2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
      MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X