X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alb
    • Jan 2008

2004 challenger misfire

I have a 2004 V6 3.0 challenger PA (6G72 motor) which has developed an intermittent misfire.
    Very occasionally the engine just skips for a second, then carries on as normal.Have just replaced all plugs and leads as they were about due anyway using expensive Bosch parts - but it hasn’t made any difference.
    Did the plug and lead job last weekend and there was a LOT of oil leaked into every plug tube in the rocker covers. Obviously this means the seals around those tubes are leaking.....but the motor has done 250,000 kms and (apart from the misfire) is running fine and losing no oil between changes. Should I care about the oil (and have to take the bloody rocker covers off)?

Have just run the diagnostic flashing test by shorting pin one on the 16 pin connector (pre OBD2 so my scanner doesn’t work)
    During the flash procedure the MIL light flashes continuously and the ANTI-LOCK brake warning light flashes out the codes.....not something I have seen before?
    Anyway after doing it a couple of times I get codes:
    ...then the sequence repeats.
    Can anyone tell me reliably what these mean on this vehicle or point me at a reference Somewhere?
    Does this give any hints as to what the misfire might be...or am I chasing red herrings?
    Thanks
    Al

Matched content

Collapse
Working...
X