• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BruceandBobbi
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2016
    • Greater Sydney

Jeep have done it again.

Why anyone would by a Jeep is way out of my realms of thought.

Do they research, talk to people or just blindly follow the advertising?

Search the world's information, including webpages, images, videos and more. Google has many special features to help you find exactly what you're looking for.

New link added.
    Last edited by BruceandBobbi; 04-11-16, 04:36 PM.
  • Ent
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2014
    • Tasmania

Comes up as a premium article requiring a subscription.
    2014 PC Challenger, manual, factory tow-bar, factory front diff protector, TJM inter-cooler plate, Bushskinz manual transmission protection plate, ProRack S16 roof racks, front elocker, Drummond Motor Sport front struts, custom 16mm King rear springs with Bilstein Dampeners, Buzz Rack Runner 3 bike platform, Eclipse Nav head unit, GME TX3800BW UHF, 16x8 CSA Raptor rims, 265/75R16 Maxxis MT-762, orToyo AT/2 265/70R16 Triton rims, BFGoodrich 235/85/R16 Triton rims, or Factory tyres and rims.

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
      Valued Member
      • Aug 2016
      • Greater Sydney

Originally posted by Ent View Post
      Comes up as a premium article requiring a subscription.
      Try this through Google. Second link down.

Search the world's information, including webpages, images, videos and more. Google has many special features to help you find exactly what you're looking for.

Comment

• nj swb
        Resident
        • Jun 2007
        • Adelaide

When I searched for Jeep on Google News, it let me read it:

Originally posted by Herald Sun
        JEEP owners have been advised to continue driving potentially dangerous and uninsured vehicles despite a major recall, one owner claims.

More than 7000 vehicles were included in a Fiat Chrysler Automobiles Australia recall notice issued in September. But parts necessary to fix a defect that can cause vehicles to abruptly change gear to neutral are unavailable.

Rohan Mayer, who bought a Jeep Cherokee Sport last year, said he returned it to his local dealership the morning after receiving the recall letter.

“They didn’t take it very seriously. Everyone denied any knowledge of the recalls, which was infuriating,” he said.

His insurer told him the vehicle would no longer be covered because it had been deemed unsafe.

He claimed FCA told him “customers are expected to keep driving and call the dealership if the issue occurs”.

“I will not put my wife and daughter at risk like this and I think it is completely unreasonable for FCA to think their customers would carry on business as usual, potentially without insurance,” he said.

Mr Mayer said he found the replacement car that the dealership initially lent him was also subject to the recall notice.

He said he has been given no timeline of when the necessary parts would arrive.

“It’s ridiculous. I don’t feel safe driving that car. All I can do now is wait,” he said.

An FCA spokesman said concerned customers should speak to their local dealership.

“FCA has been in contact with every customer affected by this recall and that communication will continue until the matter is resolved.”

Brighton Jeep referred questions to Jeep HQ.
        NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• Scouter1
          Valued Member
          • Mar 2013
          • Sydney NSW

Link to the Government product recall http://www.productsafety.gov.au/reca...source=recalls
          2011 Silver NT GLS DiD Auto with extra bits - build thread http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=36099

Comment

• nj swb
            Resident
            • Jun 2007
            • Adelaide

So why would an insurance company refuse to insure the vehicle? It sounds to me like operator error - didn't put it in Park and didn't apply the handbrake. That's two things done wrong. Do manufacturer's really need to account for such stupidity?

Personally, I'd be happy to continue to drive the vehicle until it's fixed.
            NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• stumagoo
              Valued Member
              • Jun 2014
              • Perth WA S.O.R

Originally posted by nj swb View Post
              So why would an insurance company refuse to insure the vehicle? It sounds to me like operator error - didn't put it in Park and didn't apply the handbrake. That's two things done wrong. Do manufacturer's really need to account for such stupidity?

sounds suspiciously like insurance companies gearing up for a way to make a little more cash out of people - interestingly if they claim its no longer covered are they ceasing direct debits from clients bank accounts for the premiums?
              1994 NJ 3.0 now with a 2000NL 3.5 engine and driveline, 2.5 catback, 32" MT Deegan 38's, 1" body lift, front diff drop with front tension rods indexed and cranked an 3", 3" on the rear coils
              *** retired to the big wrecking yard in the sky***
              1998 NL 3.5 blisterside, running a 6g75 (3.8) with M90 supercharger at 14psi, 305.70.16's on -44 rims 3.5" suspension lift, Custom Bull bar, winch install, custom front control arms, NJ GLS flares and some camping gear in the back

Comment

• wasarangie
                Valued Member
                • Jul 2010
                • Ocean Grove

So lets get it clear. The loom has a short and puts the transmission into neutral. not a sudden loss of control or braking, just put it back in drive, at worst turn the key too accessory and back on. The insurance, YOUI in this case, looking to get out of a possible claim, we all know how insurance companies like to pay out. And this makes a headline, why because it's a Jeep?

And not one Jeep in Australia has been reported as having this issue.

What about the Challenger autos going into limp mode at will? Sudden loss of power, Does this make headlines? Or even get MMA to have a recall to fix the problem??? Or even acknowledge that there is a problem.
                SOLD MY11 PB LS Challenger Manual,

MY18 Ford Ranger Wildtrak, Auto. Smartbar Stealth. Warn 9k winch, Redarc dual battery system. over tub rack system. Minecorp phone mount. Folding Phone and UHF antennae mounts. 9" LED driving lights. Assortment of extras from Tickford.

Comment

• stumagoo
                  Valued Member
                  • Jun 2014
                  • Perth WA S.O.R

Originally posted by wasarangie View Post
                  So lets get it clear. The loom has a short and puts the transmission into neutral. not a sudden loss of control or braking, just put it back in drive, at worst turn the key too accessory and back on. The insurance, YOUI in this case, looking to get out of a possible claim, we all know how insurance companies like to pay out. And this makes a headline, why because it's a Jeep?

And not one Jeep in Australia has been reported as having this issue.

What about the Challenger autos going into limp mode at will? Sudden loss of power, Does this make headlines? Or even get MMA to have a recall to fix the problem??? Or even acknowledge that there is a problem.

we have a comment because it is indeed a jeep..... love to have something to rag on, and yes the Challenger thing probably should be looked at - and on saying that if it did end up in a vehicle recall which resulted in an insurance company stating that the vehicle's involved would no longer be covered until the issue was rectified I would be making the same comments. That insurance companies are there not to look after their customer's but their shareholders. The byproduct of which is tha bulk of their customers are looked after, not always in the most appropriate way though
                  1994 NJ 3.0 now with a 2000NL 3.5 engine and driveline, 2.5 catback, 32" MT Deegan 38's, 1" body lift, front diff drop with front tension rods indexed and cranked an 3", 3" on the rear coils
                  *** retired to the big wrecking yard in the sky***
                  1998 NL 3.5 blisterside, running a 6g75 (3.8) with M90 supercharger at 14psi, 305.70.16's on -44 rims 3.5" suspension lift, Custom Bull bar, winch install, custom front control arms, NJ GLS flares and some camping gear in the back

Comment

• m_and_m
                    Valued Member
                    • Mar 2010
                    • Tea Tree Gully, Adelaide

Originally posted by nj swb View Post

Yes. They need to design for foreseeable driver errors. Jeep have changed the design of the shift lever to one that causes ambiguity for the driver, so they should fix it.
                    I'd be happy to drive the car until fixed, as the scenario that would cause the car to roll away is rare, and being aware of it would be adequate.
                    2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BullBar | 2" OME lift | Safari snorkel | UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | HPD Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-matePRO
                    2016 LC200 Sahara V8 Diesel,Lots of Mods too
                    Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate and lockup-mate for Mitsubishi's and Toyota's

Comment

• dhula
                      Valued Member
                      • Sep 2012
                      • South of Perth

Originally posted by m_and_m View Post
                      I'd be happy to drive the car until fixed, as the scenario that would cause the car to roll away is rare, and being aware of it would be adequate.
                      If you were the CEO of Jeep and gave that argument to the beak after someone was seriously hurt or worse I reckon he'd throw the book at you.
                      All car makers need to do something to prevent accidents due to a failure they know about and if they don't they should be held to account
                      2010 NT Activ, DiD+lazy shift. Bushskins+Boo's, Kings springs+Monroe shocks+Firestone Airbags, MM towbar, MM nudgebar.
                      2006 KJ Cherokee, CRD+lazy shift. Ironman springs and OME shocks, MoPar skids.

Comment

• Stoneman
                        Valued Member
                        • Jul 2012
                        • Melbourne

We are a country of idiots

Can't put a hand brake on or put it in park

The old jeep thing.

Just a way us MM owners justify our cars and all the their BS!

We have engine problems, transmission problems and finally MM has accepted the air bag debarckle even though many had already, they wanted more testing to be sure
                        And that's probably half of it.

Oh wait! But Look at Jeep....

I think some people need to find a hobby

Guess what happens in a manual wth no handbrakes!

But I forgot something, some people can't drive manual but there safe enough to drive on the road next to your family

If you can't put a handbrake on, your an idiot!
                        NS Pajero Exceed. With stuff

Comment

• dhula
                          Valued Member
                          • Sep 2012
                          • South of Perth

Originally posted by Stoneman View Post
                          We are a country of idiots
                          I resemble that remark

Can't put a hand brake on or put it in park
                          Can't read the owners manual either but we keep getting away with it

The old jeep thing.
                          Thought it was a new Jeep thing, nothing to do with the old Jeeps

Just a way us MM owners justify our cars and all the their BS!
                          Gotta do it somehow

We have engine problems, transmission problems and finally MM has accepted the air bag debarckle even though many had already, they wanted more testing to be sure
                          And that's probably half of it.
                          Yer but it's not a Jeep

Oh wait! But Look at Jeep....
                          Isn't that how all Americans are - Look at me, Look at me

I think some people need to find a hobby
                          We have, picking on Jeeps
                          2010 NT Activ, DiD+lazy shift. Bushskins+Boo's, Kings springs+Monroe shocks+Firestone Airbags, MM towbar, MM nudgebar.
                          2006 KJ Cherokee, CRD+lazy shift. Ironman springs and OME shocks, MoPar skids.

Comment

• Stoneman
                            Valued Member
                            • Jul 2012
                            • Melbourne

All that carry on because he can't find the hand brake

Wonder how he goes putting fuel in

That would be the comment if it was Pajero.

Don't some complain of power loss in dangerous situations with the challenger?

Oh but that's not important, because there is a thread on how to drive around it

Comment

• Stoneman
                              Valued Member
                              • Jul 2012
                              • Melbourne

I don't know if I should laugh or applause (sarcastically) them comments

I think I will laugh at them....cause they where kind of funny

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X