• Show
Clear All
  • ticky
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2015
    • Adelaide

Adelaide 4x4 show.

Anyone going today (Friday )
    2009 NT VRX, Rear Battery Pack, 18" Bridgestone D-697, SPVi EGR mod, BushSkinz Intercooler & Sump Plates. BOO's Transmission & Transfer Case Plates. GME 3550, HID HB's and 22"LED Bar, Pioneer Avic F80DAB Audio/Coms/Nav system MM4x4 TC Lockup Mate. & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Pretty Stock but very Capable

Wish List: ARB Deluxe Bar & Winch, Snorkel, Diff Breathers, & 1/2 tank of Diesel
  • Pajero12
    • Dec 2015
    • Adelaide

I'm thinking about it, crap weather though.

I have never been to one also, are they worth going?

What deals etc do they offer?

Jim
    NW GL. DiD Auto with 265/75 St Maxx on 17" Alloys, Factory Steel bullbar
    MODS: TJM Airtec Snorkel | Bilstein Shocks with King Springs | full bushskinz bash plates | LED Lightbar | Rhino Platform | GME XRS UHF platform mounted antenna w folding bracket | Kings Awning | Ultragauge | Dual Battery | Rear Storage System | Paddle Shift | M&M Lockup Mate

Comment

• dean
      Valued Member
      • Jul 2007

Haven't been to one for years but are useful if you're new to anything related to the show as most retailers and manufacturers are represented.
      Dean
      NM V6 since August 2000. Cargo Barrier, Satphone, Decent Suspension, Decent Tyres Eg. Any 10 PLY E Load Brand Not Important. Aux Tank, Rola Sports Racks/Basket, Decent Canvas Bag, Quality Esky. A Good Setup For Outback Touring/Desert Crossings.

Comment

• Poita
        Valued Member
        • Sep 2010
        • Adelaide

Sometimes you can pick up a good deal, but I found the last few years that the pricing was pretty much the same as normal, so you were paying the entry fee for the privilege of paying the normal price.

I found the main benefit was having lots of manufacturers/suppliers in the one location. So when (for example) I was looking for a fridge, it was very convenient to be able to compare all the models I was interested in as they were only a short walk from each other.

When looking for Campers as well, some will let you pack up and setup to see how easy they are. Those that didn't let me were crossed off the list of options. Again the ease of being able to walk through and compare a lot of manufacturers was great.
        NW VRX MY2013
        Jonny Tig FMIC, 3" Exhaust, RalliArt remap, Provent, FuelManager, CouplerTec rust protection, ARB bar, Runva winch, TJM Snorkel, Bilstein/Lovell/Airbags, full Bushskins kit, Asfir AC+fuel, Fyrlyt Nemesis 9000 spotties + LED headlights, Uniden UHF, RedArc TowPro Elite, BRC breathers, Honda sprayers, Automate lockup/paddles, Rhino platform/backbone

Comment

• letsgoplaces
          • Jul 2014
          • Adelaide

Originally posted by Poita View Post
          I found the main benefit was having lots of manufacturers/suppliers in the one location. So when (for example) I was looking for a fridge, it was very convenient to be able to compare all the models I was interested in as they were only a short walk from each other.
          I agree, the benefit of shopping around without having to drive around town.
          IMO, the show in Feb is bigger and camper/camping specific. The one this weekend includes boating (not that there's anything bad about that!) and from memory is a smaller show overall.
          I would go for the fun of it, I don't have to get the kids this afternoon

Cheers

Comment

• ticky
            Valued Member
            • Jan 2015
            • Adelaide

Well, I had a great time at the show today.
            I left home thinking I would be wandering around on my own only to discover 2 of my cousins where also heading in.

I met up with John, (Letsgoplaces) and had a bit of a chat with him. It was great to catch up as I haven't seen any of the SA blokes for ages.

And then just as I was leaving, I bumped into my neighbor from across the road on a fishing stall

I bought my new UHF and Antenna and managed to get a pretty good price on that

So after a big day, I am left Tired, Thirsty and Broke. I think it's time for a Bourbon and a snooze. 2 out of 3 is not bad.

Steve
            2009 NT VRX, Rear Battery Pack, 18" Bridgestone D-697, SPVi EGR mod, BushSkinz Intercooler & Sump Plates. BOO's Transmission & Transfer Case Plates. GME 3550, HID HB's and 22"LED Bar, Pioneer Avic F80DAB Audio/Coms/Nav system MM4x4 TC Lockup Mate. & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Pretty Stock but very Capable

Wish List: ARB Deluxe Bar & Winch, Snorkel, Diff Breathers, & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Comment

• Jan 2016
              • adelaide

Was there sunday avo,TJM has a demo pioneer platform for $500

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X