Below Nav Bar

Collapse

Scangauge II auto transmission fluid temperature.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jaymon
    • Mar 2012
    • Darwin NT

Scangauge II auto transmission fluid temperature.

Hi all

I know this has come up a fair few times now. And even before getting my scan gauge nearly 2 years ago I remember seeing people being able to get atf temp on their scangauge.

I have tried it once before and was unable to do it... Was probably doing it wrong. Could someone point me in the right direction to the instructions to get atf temp to show on the scangauge.

Thanks
    Jaymon
    2010 NT DID Pajero Activ.
  • nj swb
    Resident
    • Jun 2007
    • Adelaide

Try this:
    Originally posted by old Jack View Post
    Wes,

Scangauge II Code for Auto Trans Fluid temps.

TXD 07E12102
    RXF 032100000000 (that's 8 zeros)
    RXD 2008
    MTH 00010001FFD8

cheers, OJ.
    NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• TC.Barky
      Valued Member
      • Oct 2011
      • Melbourne

TXD: 07E12102
      RXF: 032100000000
      RXD: 2008
      MTH: 00010001FFD0
      Name: ATF
      The code NJ posted works but its for the NS so is slightly innacurate on the NT/NW/NX
      MY14 NW GLX-R 3.2L Auto Build Thread
      Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.

Comment

• 74HJLS
        • Mar 2011
        • Yeppoon Qld

This is the one I was given for the NT. It works for me.

Scan gauge ATF
        TXD. 07E12102
        RXF. 032100000000
        RXD. 2008
        MTH. 000100001FFD0
        Name. ATF
        Cheers,
        Pete..

White 09 NT DI-D Auto GLS, MM Tow bar, Light Force 170s, Dual Batteries Ctek kit with Piranah tray, ARB Fridge, Uniden UH7760nb UHF Radio, Kenwood DNN9350BT head unit, Roo Systems Awning, Smart Bar, Mako TDS 9.5 winch, Bushskinz bash plates, Airtech Snorkel and HD Lovells/Bilstein 2" lift kit, 265/70/17 Mickey Thompson STZs.

Comment

• HeavyPizzaz
          Valued Member
          • May 2017
          • Sydney

Reviving an old relevant thread rather than starting a new one...

Seen elsewhere that you can check the SGII is working okay for ATF temp on an NX by checking ambient temps in the morning.

The other morning, my water temp was 21, intake was 20 and ATF was 24. This was less than 1min after I started the car after an overnight cooldown.

Is 3 - 4 degree difference a case of "close enough is good enough?", or are most people's SGII showing all 3 temps on par?

I have MTH as 000100001FFD0.

Cheers.

Comment

• nj swb
            Resident
            • Jun 2007
            • Adelaide

Whenever I remember to check, I turn the ignition on and wait for the ECU to report numbers before I start the engine.

Most of the time I get all three numbers (intake air, coolant and transmission temps) exactly the same, but sometimes it seems like there is "residual heat" i.e. air is slightly cooler than coolant, is slightly cooler than trans. I put that down to the trans being better "insulated" by the body, and the coolant having higher thermal mass than the intake air sensor - so intake air sensor cools faster than the coolant, which cools faster than the transmission.

Since I posted in this thread over three years ago we've learned a bit more about the offsets required. In OJ's post, no doubt referring to the Jatco transmission in his Challenger, the offset is -40 - that's FFD8 in unsigned hexadecimal.

As TC Barky pointed out, the Aisin transmission used in later Gen 4 diesels requires a different offset, which is recorded in many places as FFD0, or -48. For Torque Pro, which I'm using, the formula is given as -50. M_and_m did some work with his MUTT, and concluded that -50 is the correct offset for the Aisin transmission, which is FFCE. So your MTH should be 00010001FFCE (which apparently means "multiply by 1, divide by 1, add -50").

Try that MTH, and wait for your Scangauge to report all the numbers before starting your engine in the morning.
            NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• HeavyPizzaz
              Valued Member
              • May 2017
              • Sydney

Originally posted by nj swb View Post
              As TC Barky pointed out, the Aisin transmission used in later Gen 4 diesels requires a different offset, which is recorded in many places as FFD0, or -48. For Torque Pro, which I'm using, the formula is given as -50. M_and_m did some work with his MUTT, and concluded that -50 is the correct offset for the Aisin transmission, which is FFCE. So your MTH should be 00010001FFCE (which apparently means "multiply by 1, divide by 1, add -50").

Try that MTH, and wait for your Scangauge to report all the numbers before starting your engine in the morning.
              Thanks heaps mate. I’d read the 0 vs 8 threads but must have missed the FFCE ones. I will try that tonight / tomorrow morning and take your point re: starting. Thanks again!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• HeavyPizzaz
                Valued Member
                • May 2017
                • Sydney

Thanks again, this morning was 24 intake, 24 water, 25 ATF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Robbo84
                  • Feb 2020
                  • Perth

I just put these into my 16 nx. And it's reading lower than the intake and coolant, It was only 2 degrees lower. Any ideas?

Comment

• Dicko1
                    Valued Member
                    • Dec 2014
                    • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by Robbo84 View Post
                    I just put these into my 16 nx. And it's reading lower than the intake and coolant, It was only 2 degrees lower. Any ideas?

In the overall scheme of things 2 degrees is nothing. oil will cool down at a different rate to water and different casing materials and thickness,s will also affect the rate. Ambient temp will play a part. I see 1 or 2 degrees difference at timrs om my NW with the Ultragauge..it works absolutely fine. You have nothing to worry about.
                    Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X