Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Triton

Triton Covering all models.

Old 23-02-15
Valued Member

I'm actually think it might be Goodsy

Why is because if these things aren't machined properly they won't like small movements and with what has be mentioned about giving them a polish just maybe the answer

If I log the voltage to the SCV and fuel pressure at the same time I might be able to notice it

I think I may order a new one and have a play

It's not like I don't have enough spares already

Got some new MAP sensors coming as I reckon these things may be breaking down over time that will be another thread
Old 23-02-15
Who ya gunna call....

I reckon you just need an excuse to play.
Old 23-02-15
Valued Member

I don't even reckon I need that
Old 23-02-15
Valued Member

In Blue in your post.

cheers, OJ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
Spoke to the dealer today and said I was on the right track

The problem is they have to run to protocol and do the adjustments them selves even though I have done it.....I can understand but what a pain!

First they clean and tweak the maf sensor if no change it could mean a new harness?
There is a Hotfix for the MAF sensor loom.
[http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ght=MAF+hotfix

Spoke about the SCV although I'm not convinced that's the cause as it only does it going down hill
Why not the SCV? It controls fuel flow in all accelerator positions. What happens if it does not have a smooth action as it closes when you back off the accelerator?
I suppose it could be possible as it might not like the fine adjustments cruise is making as i would find it hard to replicate with my foot
With your MUTT or a multimeter you could measure the voltage fluctuation of the throttle input to the Engine ECU to see if this is stable or changes in synchronisation with the rpm flucuations.

There is defiantly a difference after doing the tweak to the terminals although not to the surge. It seems quieter while the engine is warming up and the throttle seems smoother to apply when just feathering it, I reckon that was after the throttle body connection was done.
From my experience the whole electronic control systems on these engines and gearboxes are hyper sensitive to even the slightest change in resistance on all connects, so this does not surprise me. At the same time this worries me about what happens as the car gets older and out of warranty!

OJ I noticed my boost was steady and my Rev's was fluctuating at a guess roughly 100 rpm
Any thoughts?
The reasons I asked about boost values was I was thinking Variable Inlet Control to the turbine.
2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Nightbreaker +130LB & Phillips +100 HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .
Old 23-02-15
Valued Member

I can log it all with my mut and that's a good call to log the throttle input as well
But was originally thinking of when the problem happens (cruise control)

I'm assuming at this stage the hot fix would be applied to my year? But the dealer did mention it so if all my attempts fail I will have to go to the protocol

I agree about what happens out of warranty but unless they make everything in house it won't change any time soon
Unless of course they use some common sense and see if it's possible for one company to manufacture the connectors the have another put them together

But that will cause all sorts of political that we would end up paying for any way by price or quality
Old 01-03-15
Valued Member

Pleased to say I haven't been experiencing any loss of power when going around a corner
Old 11-08-17

Hi Stoneman,
What was it that fixed the problem? I am experiencing the same problem with my NW losing power only around corners!
Cheers