• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • birdd
    • Mar 2014
    • Bundaberg, QLD

My 2008 MY09 NT Pajero GLX

I just pickup my new car today. I traded my 02 Toyota Camry Sportivo which I owned for almost 7yrs (would have been 7yrs in July), was a bit sad to leave the Camry behind, but its a nice change from the Camry...

Year, make and model
    2008 MY09 Mitsubishi Pajero

Equipment level
    GLX

Colour
    Graphite Gray

Engine
    4M41 3.2L Common Rail Turbo Diesel

Gearbox
    5 speed auto

Interior
    Black cloth

Current mods and extras
    - Factory Alloy Bull Bar
    - Factory Tow Bar
    - Factory Side Steps
    - Factory Rear Diff Lock
    - Bushskinz Intercooler and Sump Guards
    - Uniden UH8080NB UHF
    - 23" 144W LED Lightbar
    - Reverse Camera and 5" Screen (eBay )
    - Pioneer Headunit with iPod adaptor

Future mods
    Short Term:
    - Dual battery system (using 2nd battery in Ark PowerPack in back of car)
    - Upgrade sound system (Install Focal 6.5" splits in front, and install Kicker L7 12" Sub in back)
    - Replace Factory Roof Rails with Rhino Track System, add Rhino Racks and Rhino Pioneer Platform
    - ScanGuage II
    - Onboard Air Compressor
    - Maybe DIY Drawers?

Longer Term:
    - Snorkel
    - 2 inch lift
    - 265/70/17 AT Tyres

Pictures

Last edited by birdd; 15-04-15, 12:11 PM.
    2008 MY09 Pajero NT GLX
    MM Alloy Bullbar, MM Sidesteps, MM Tow Bar, Bushskinz Intercooler and Sump Guards, Pioneer Platform, Supa-Peg Supa Wing Deluxe 270 Awning, 2x2.5m Kalahari Awning, 23" 144W CREE LED Light bar, Uniden UH8080NB, eBay Reversing Camera, Sony XAV-AX100 6.2" CarPlay/Android Auto Headunit, MM/Milford Cargo Barrier, Torqit Pedal Torq, Dual Battery (CTEK D250S Dual, PowerSonic 120AH AGM)
  • kreyzgym
    • Mar 2012
    • Melbourne

Great colour!
    1989 NG single cab ute. 33" Federals, ARB bar & completely incomplete

Comment

• mermaidgem
      • Dec 2013
      • goldcoast

nice colour mate,

I just bought a NT as well in november had to upgrade the stereo as it was terrible ...

spent $650 and well worth it ..

new kicker speakers with under front seat Kicker amp/ sub woofer from JB

Comment

• Gus
        Administrator
        • Mar 2008
        • Traralgon. Vic

Yep nice color & welcome to the forum..

Gus.
        VX 200 Series 4.5L Twin Turbo-Diesel V8 Landcruiser HERE
        NM Exceed 3.2 DID Auto Pajero. (SOLD) With a few Mods. HERE

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• birdd
          • Mar 2014
          • Bundaberg, QLD

Originally posted by mermaidgem View Post
          nice colour mate,

I just bought a NT as well in november had to upgrade the stereo as it was terrible ...

spent $650 and well worth it ..

new kicker speakers with under front seat Kicker amp/ sub woofer from JB
          Yeah I hate not being able to connect my iPhone as the Audio Source... I use Spotify for our music which is a subscription service with unlimited streaming (or cached on the phone) music... but it does mean I can't burn audio or MP3 CDs... I also don't want to have to go back to doing that...

I don't really want to use the old Pioneer headunit I had in the Camry (its only single DIN), I want to get something with features like Bluetooth and native iPhone/iPod connectability and a big screen that I can use for GPS and reverse camera

I do have my Focal front splits and my Kick 12" sub plus amps which I wouldn't mind installing in the Pajero, though I do want to build a smaller box for the sub so not to take up so much space... not going for a high-end SQ system, just a better system... I'll have to wait until I work out what to do with the headunit...
          2008 MY09 Pajero NT GLX
          MM Alloy Bullbar, MM Sidesteps, MM Tow Bar, Bushskinz Intercooler and Sump Guards, Pioneer Platform, Supa-Peg Supa Wing Deluxe 270 Awning, 2x2.5m Kalahari Awning, 23" 144W CREE LED Light bar, Uniden UH8080NB, eBay Reversing Camera, Sony XAV-AX100 6.2" CarPlay/Android Auto Headunit, MM/Milford Cargo Barrier, Torqit Pedal Torq, Dual Battery (CTEK D250S Dual, PowerSonic 120AH AGM)

Comment

• craka
            Valued Member
            • Jun 2009
            • Newcastle (Newie)

Very nice.

The speakers are the biggest downfall for audio quality in them, they suck to be blunt. Unless you get a paj with the rockford system, but I haven't heard them either but assume it would be good.

I just replaced the speakers to start with in mine and it certainly made a marked difference. I did go with speakers with high sensitivity knowing that I wouldn't be replacing the headunit any time soon.
            NS SWB X 3.2DiD - Factory locker, Hella spotties, GME UHF, 2" lift

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.

Comment

• birdd
              • Mar 2014
              • Bundaberg, QLD

I have ran the UHF aerial lead this afternoon... the cable is sitting coiled behind the glovebox as I am still waiting of the DIN mounting kit for my Uniden UH015SX...
              2008 MY09 Pajero NT GLX

Comment

• birdd
                • Mar 2014
                • Bundaberg, QLD

I have a new UHF, a Uniden UH8080NB, (which I scored for helping my local TJM store out with some computer work, along with a Snatch Strap Kit a week or so earlier for helping them out ) which is one of the units with the LCD in the handset, so I'm am thinking I will mount it like nj_swb did in his, http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...t=33475&page=3

I would like to get a new blank plate so that I have a spare plate to be able to return the car to stock (as I did with my Camry) in many years when I come to sell the car...
                Last edited by birdd; 10-04-14, 10:30 PM.
                2008 MY09 Pajero NT GLX

Comment

• BROOMZPAJ
                  • Mar 2010
                  • Geelong

Originally posted by birdd View Post

Colour
                  Grey (not sure of exact name of the colour, it has blue tinge to it)
                  Looks like a great rig ... ripe for mods.

I think they call that colour Gunmetal Grey.

Have fun with her.
                  2012 MY12 NW Exceed 3.2 DiD
                  Cool Silver - Nudge Bar - Bonnet Protector - Cargo Liner - Sports Roof Rack Cross Bars - UltraGauge - Bushskinz IC & Sump guards - T'EYES CC3 head unit with integrated front & rear cameras - Trap Mats - EGR control - Travall Pet Barrier - Pirelli Scorpion AT Plus - 2" lift via Bilstein shocks/struts & King springs.

Comment

• Dankinny
                    • Dec 2013
                    • Camden

Originally posted by birdd View Post
                    I have a new UHF, a Uniden UH8080NB, (which I scored for helping my local TJM store out with some computer work, along with a Snatch Strap Kit a week or so earlier for helping them out ) which is one of the units with the LCD in the handset, so I'm am thinking I will mount it like nj_swb did in his, http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...t=33475&page=3

I would like to get a new blank plate so that I have a spare plate to be able to return the car to stock (as I did with my Camry) in many years when I come to sell the car...
                    I installed my Uniden today I'm going to use the blank that normally has the diff lock switch. I got a bracket from hold my phone that allowed me to mount the handset with out any holes in the dash.
                    Attached Files
                    2009 NT GLS DiD
                    ARB colour coded bull bar , Warn Winch , 111w LED driving lights , Polaris GPS Head Unit , Uniden UH8080NB , Uniden UHF aerial , DVD Headrests , Bushskinz Intercooler & Sump Guards , 50mm Lovells lift , ARB Dual battery tray , ARB Roof rails with custom roof rack, Narva LED Lightbar , Kimberley Kamper Platinum

Comment

• birdd
                      • Mar 2014
                      • Bundaberg, QLD

I've installed my new UHF yesterday... I also ran an Aux input audio cable a week or so ago... so that helps a little bit to be able to use my iPhone in the car again...

2008 MY09 Pajero NT GLX

Comment

• grhyso
                        Valued Member
                        • Aug 2012
                        • Perth

How did you do the connection through the panel? I have the same or similar UHF and want to mount a plug something like yours but have only found bulky RJ45 sockets.
                        2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com

Comment

• birdd
                          • Mar 2014
                          • Bundaberg, QLD

I drilled a 13mm hole in the blank plate and pushed the RJ45 plug through, then used the supplied extension cable and connected it behind the plate, and then I just used a bit of hot glue to hold the the connection firm behind the plate... and then just used the rubber boot that was already on the cable...
                          2008 MY09 Pajero NT GLX

Comment

• birdd
                            • Mar 2014
                            • Bundaberg, QLD

Received my new reverse camera from eBay yesterday. I started installing it after work yesterday, took me roughly 5 hours to install the camera and run the wires from the rear tyre carrier through the rubber grommet to the rear door and then through the rubber grommet into the boot of the car.

It then took me quite a while and few broken plastic clips ( any suggestions where to get replacement clips?) and ended up with about 4 or 5 "spare" bolts due to it taking so long to install the camera and wiring and then forgetting where all the bolts went...

I also bought a Gregory's Workshop manual from SCA today (to try work out where the "extra" bolts are for) which apparently covers the NL to NT series, but after reading it, it doesn't cover the NT at all basically... There is no electrical wiring diagrams for the NT series so I am taking it back tomorrow... any suggestions on a good workshop manual for the NT series?

I ended up finishing off the running of the RCA cable along the roof lining and then dropped it out just near the dash and mounted the screen on the right side of the windscreen.

2008 MY09 Pajero NT GLX

Comment

• birdd
                              • Mar 2014
                              • Bundaberg, QLD

Installed my old Pioneer Headunit from my previous car tonight, I got sick of having to choose AUX by holding the CD button every time I started the car.

It is only a temporary headunit until Pioneer or Alpine release their new Apple CarPlay compatible headunits (http://www.apple.com/au/ios/carplay/)

I grabbed the ArePro Mitsubishi Steering Wheel Adaptor cable from Autobarn (though I can't use the Steering wheel part with my old Pioneer headunit due to it being too old to have that feature, but I didn't want to buy the standard adaptor then buy this adaptor once i got the new headunit) and a facia kit from eBay.

A quick snap from my iPhone after finishing the install tonight:
                              2008 MY09 Pajero NT GLX

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X