Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Challenger/ Pajero Sport > PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014

PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014 Covering 2.5 HP diesel

Old 21-06-12
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02-SR5 View Post
Good time to upgrade to a bullbar now and claim it on their insurance.

Rob
I have thought about a bullbar but don't really want to have to alter the suspension to handle the extra weight on the front end, and as a lot of people have posted when they cut the guards they screw up inside the wheel arches.
Old 21-06-12
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3st3r View Post
I have thought about a bullbar but don't really want to have to alter the suspension to handle the extra weight on the front end, and as a lot of people have posted when they cut the guards they screw up inside the wheel arches.
What brand is the nudge bar? its a lot bigger than the genuine one...
Old 21-06-12

Hi Chris4x4
How is the wind noise with the basket, also have you driven with just the cross bars if so how is the noise from them.
Old 21-06-12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony G View Post
Hi Chris4x4
How is the wind noise with the basket, also have you driven with just the cross bars if so how is the noise from them.
Sorry Tony I don't have basket yet just considering it I believe the basket has integral mountings and no separate cross bars, couple others have it and will reply
Cheers
Old 22-06-12

The silver Challenger with the roof basket is mine Tony.

The added wind noise of the basket unloaded is noticeable but not enough to intrude at 100km/h, Once the stereo on I can barely notice any additional wind noise.
I expected it to make alot more noise than it does. I've found there to be no discernible wind noise below 80km/h either.

Since I have had several messages and there appears to be some interest - It seems several Challengers will be sporting one of these before long.

When fitting the basket, The process is this:
Screw the mounting brackets to cross bars ensuring they fit on the factory rails. Take note the factory roof rails are wider at the front and taper in towards the rear and the mounting points for the basket are not spaced evenly along the basket as you will see from the below photo..

Bolt the cross bars to the basket and then lift the completed roof basket/cross bar assembly onto the roof rails and then tighten the mounting clamps and put on the anti-theft nuts.

The cross bars can only be used separately if you remove the entire roof basket and cross bars, unbolt the basket and then remount the cross bars without the basket attached. This was not a factor for me as I don't foresee a need for 'regular' roof racks.

Here is a side view to give an example on where the basket sits and where the cross bars mount:

Last edited by RMX; 22-06-12 at 12:28 AM.
Old 22-06-12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMX View Post
The silver Challenger with the roof basket is mine Tony.

The added wind noise of the basket unloaded is noticeable but not enough to intrude at 100km/h, Once the stereo on I can barely notice any additional wind noise.
I expected it to make alot more noise than it does. I've found there to be no discernible wind noise below 80km/h either.

Since I have had several messages and there appears to be some interest - It seems several Challengers will be sporting one of these before long.

When fitting the basket, The process is this:
Screw the mounting brackets to cross bars ensuring they fit on the factory rails. Take note the factory roof rails are wider at the front and taper in towards the rear and the mounting points for the basket are not spaced evenly along the basket as you will see from the below photo..

Bolt the cross bars to the basket and then lift the completed roof basket/cross bar assembly onto the roof rails and then tighten the mounting clamps and put on the anti-theft nuts.

The cross bars can only be used separately if you remove the entire roof basket and cross bars, unbolt the basket and then remount the cross bars without the basket attached. This was not a factor for me as I don't foresee a need for 'regular' roof racks.

Here is a side view to give an example on where the basket sits and where the cross bars mount:

Can you take a photo from the front or rear of the Challenger, I'm interested in the amount of overhang on each side of the roof.
2010 LS PB Challenger, Black Mica, 5 Sp Auto, ARB Colour Coded Deluxe Bar, ARB Underbody Protection Panels, IPF 900 Extreme Series Lights, IPF Clear Covers, ARB Fog Lights, GME TX3340 UHF Radio, GME AE4018 Aerial, Old Man Emu Coils and Old Man Emu Nitro Charger Sport Shocks, Cooper ST Maxx 285/70/17 Tires, 3M Black Window Tint, Rhino-Rack Sportz Rail Bars SX B2, Rhino-Rack Steel Mesh Platform Rack, Ironman 4 x4 Awning, 40L Engel, ARB Fridge Slide, BRC Extended Diff Breathers, HR Towbar.
Old 22-06-12
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty V View Post
What brand is the nudge bar? its a lot bigger than the genuine one...
Howdy Marty,

Its a non genuine stainless steel bar that I got of ebay for $240 + freight. When it arrived the label on it said that it was for a 2006 Triton but it bolted straight up onto the Challenger chassis with the exception of the upper mounts where I had to cut through bottom grill and part of the bumper. The actual bar came out with out a dent or a scratch on it, from what I can see underneath just the brackets may need to be replaced.
Old 22-06-12
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagoon77 View Post
Yesterday I fitted a Baja Designs 10" LED Light Bar, more than impressed with the light output. Pity I didn't realise how good they are before now.

Warren.
Could the baja's be used to replace your other lights are they bright enough. I noticed o their web site it says you can get spot and driving patterns.
Old 23-06-12
Valued Member

Thought there was a little to much talking...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcyLZdoQeks&feature=plcp
Old 23-06-12

damn, you got yourself a bit of air on that one!