Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Challenger/ Pajero Sport > PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014

PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014 Covering 2.5 HP diesel

Old 16-06-12

Has anyone got electronic rust prevention fitted to their PB? I bought one with alot of anodes, not sure if they work or not. No rust showing, but their shouldn't be I only picked up mine 2 months ago.
Old 16-06-12

I know I should know, but Wasa, how old is your Challenger? And to all those on the Lanolin - thanks for the reminder.
Old 17-06-12
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan53 View Post
I know I should know, but Wasa, how old is your Challenger? And to all those on the Lanolin - thanks for the reminder.
It is an MY11, delivered in Oct 2010.

MY18 Ford Ranger Wildtrak, Auto. Smartbar Stealth. Warn 9k winch, Redarc dual battery system. over tub rack system. Minecorp phone mount. Folding Phone and UHF antennae mounts. 9" LED driving lights. Assortment of extras from Tickford.
Old 17-06-12

Just checked mine rust on rhs fine on the left

Thanks for the heads up
Old 18-06-12

Quote:
Originally Posted by danos1234 View Post
Has anyone got electronic rust prevention fitted to their PB? I bought one with alot of anodes, not sure if they work or not. No rust showing, but their shouldn't be I only picked up mine 2 months ago.
Yeah. I went with the rust protection on my 2011 PB. I have it on my 2005 Lancer as well. Not sure it if works. Neither car is old enough to have rust (or so I thought!) Only time will tell, and based on the information here, I will have a specific place to keep an eye on to see if rust appears.

Thanks for the heads. I'll keep an eye on this spot.
Old 20-06-12

Hmmm, my rhs appears to be a stainless one but has a slight rust discolouration that you sometimes see, have not checked Lhs, am worried that might not have replaced rubber correctly.. Maybe it's not the screw that's rusting but the frame with the oxidisation spreading over the screw as it sometimes does.
Old 21-06-12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveXT View Post
As shown in the pic below I have today discovered rust in both my rear doors behind the door rubbers. Car is going in for a service tomorrow and a warranty repair for a SRS warning light issue and I'll get them to have a look at the rust.
So what are MMA gonna do? Hopefully repair to new condition? Nothing less
Cheers
Old 21-06-12

One dealer has looked at it an cleaned it and ordered new screws, think I'll get a second opinion though.
Old 03-01-19

Just discovered rust in my rear drivers side door also. Again it's just that one screw badly rusted. Passenger side looks like brand new still. Sorry about the dodgy photo but you get the idea. Screw head is just a swollen lump of rust.

18 months out of warranty so not holding my breath Mitsubishi will do anything. Be interesting if the Electronic Rust mob will do anything under their guarantee.

Hopefully I've found it before it is anything more than a clean up and a new screw.

Might be worth you all having a look again also.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WP_20190103_17_18_35_Pro.jpg (49.8 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg WP_20190103_17_21_14_Pro.jpg (43.4 KB, 37 views)

2012 PB Challenger LS manual. White, tinted windows, MM towbar, Rhino Aero Sportz Bars, otherwise pretty much bog standard.
Old 03-01-19
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakey View Post
Just discovered rust in my rear drivers side door also. Again it's just that one screw badly rusted. Passenger side looks like brand new still. Sorry about the dodgy photo but you get the idea. Screw head is just a swollen lump of rust.

18 months out of warranty so not holding my breath Mitsubishi will do anything. Be interesting if the Electronic Rust mob will do anything under their guarantee.

Hopefully I've found it before it is anything more than a clean up and a new screw.

Might be worth you all having a look again also.
Great finding this old thread ... guess a lot of us will be checking our vehicles ..

I do also remember refitting left rear upper door seal a few yrs ago ...

Could the grade of stainless be cheap and nasty ???

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) - OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch front #plate light bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T,Dash cam, 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap