Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Challenger/ Pajero Sport > PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014

PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014 Covering 2.5 HP diesel

Old 5 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by old Jack View Post

Larger diameter tyres and the Auto trans, yes I too would like to go up a tyre diameter and have been worried about the effect on the Auto but now having had Auto Mate fitted for 6 months and 14,000kms I am up sizing the tyre diameter in the next few months when I get new tyres.

OJ.
Never thought I would see the day
MY14 GLX Pajero DID auto with Lift, 265/70 R17 MT51s, Full Bushskinz plates , Scotts Rods 3" TBE, Johnny Tig FMIC, TME ECU remap, Provent, OL Bullbar, Ironman 9500lbs winch, dual batteries, torque converter lockup, nomad valve body, aeroflow AF72-6000 transmission cooler with 9" fan and radiator cooler bypass, 3.15 reduction gears, traction contol mod (on/off), Uniden 8080S, flappy paddles, Rhino flat rack mounted on ARB rails, 42" Stedi ST3K light bar and custom drawers
Old 5 Days Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisted32 View Post
Never thought I would see the day
X2 ...

Maybe there will be an insight into the OJ tyre wisdom... I am eagerly waiting on his next tyre choice...

Could there be an upsize of rim also ???

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) - OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch front #plate light bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T,Dash cam, 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap
Old 5 Days Ago
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleriver View Post
Could there be an upsize of rim also ???

If I were a betting man, I would bet not.

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....
Old 5 Days Ago
Valued Member

Ha Njswb, knows me too well!

Tyre size will change from a the standard diameter LT245/75R-16 which I have run since new instead of P265/70R-16 factory tyre to LT235/85R-16 which is 10mm narrower but 30mm larger in diameter. No secret to those who know me well, that I have always wanted this size tyre and are a narrow tyre person rather than a wide tyre person. I have been frustrated by the auto trans programing, high slip torque convertor and high diff ratios, Auto- Mate has offset all of these issues so I am comfortable to make the change. Of course I will run these on the standard alloy rims as I see no need to change (waste money for sheer vanity).

If I am unhappy with the loss of performance I will either just live with it or change back tyre size or get a tune or change diff ratios. Challenger is less than 20,000km away from being out of the 160,000km/10 year engine and drive line warranty so warranty is less of a concern.

Also after the last very unsatisfactory service from MM Dealer Service Department (3rd Dealer in Adelaide I have not been happy with) I will either service myself or find some who will do it correctly.

OJ.
2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT245/75/16, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Nightbreaker +130LB & Phillips +100 HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .
Old 4 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by old Jack View Post
Ha Njswb, knows me too well!

Tyre size will change from a the standard diameter LT245/75R-16 which I have run since new instead of P265/70R-16 factory tyre to LT235/85R-16 which is 10mm narrower but 30mm larger in diameter. No secret to those who know me well, that I have always wanted this size tyre and are a narrow tyre person rather than a wide tyre person. I have been frustrated by the auto trans programing, high slip torque convertor and high diff ratios, Auto- Mate has offset all of these issues so I am comfortable to make the change. Of course I will run these on the standard alloy rims as I see no need to change (waste money for sheer vanity).

If I am unhappy with the loss of performance I will either just live with it or change back tyre size or get a tune or change diff ratios. Challenger is less than 20,000km away from being out of the 160,000km/10 year engine and drive line warranty so warranty is less of a concern.

Also after the last very unsatisfactory service from MM Dealer Service Department (3rd Dealer in Adelaide I have not been happy with) I will either service myself or find some who will do it correctly.

OJ.
Hello OJ, let me know if/when you find a reliable dealer in town. I now drive 3 hrs to Pt Pirie for servicing (they were extremely helpful when the motor went last year on a trip). I am well and truly over MM dealers, particularly the one in the southern suburbs, absolute amateurs. cant beat country hospitality and care. cheers