• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DT6061
    • May 2015
    • Tea Gardens

ARB AR40 Intensity Light Bar

Anyone on here got or used one of these? https://www.arb.com.au/driving-light...ity-light-bar/

No real reviews on google

Are they any good ?

Price is a bugger and the red surround (likely to fade to a poxy pink) are the main turn offs.

Positives are quality if you believe the ARB hype (fading of red surround??) and apparently provide legal fitment to top rail of bull bar. Before forking out $800 plus harness cost I would want to clear it with the NSW RMS (or has anyone got definitive advice on this?) and be convinced the red surround isn't just a tad too tacky.

Questionable is the amount of spread of light.. Already have excellent spotties which have a spot and/or spread setting so pure spread is what I am looking for? Or maybe I should just drive in bright sunlight

Alternatively what if any other mounts / light bars provide a similar mounting position (at possibly 1/3 the price (and with a spread}?

Cheers
    2015 NX GLS with stuff added
  • old Jack
    Regular
    • Jun 2011
    • Adelaide, South Australia.

With a pair of Flyts and Stedi fog lights the extra light you will get by running a light bar will be minimal and you may be disappointed with amount of additional light you get having just spent $800. You can get equivalent Stedi light bars for $250 -$300' Hella, Narva, and Lightforce from $400 to $600. Lightforce are the only company to have their light outputs and beam patterns independently test by a NATA laboratory and publish the results!

OJ.
    Last edited by old Jack; 19-01-19, 10:08 AM. Reason: spelling correction
    2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
    MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• DT6061
      • May 2015
      • Tea Gardens

Originally posted by old Jack View Post
      With a pair of Flyts and Stedi fog lights the extra light you will get by running a light bar will be minimal and you may be disappointed with amount of additional light you get having just spent $800. You can get equivalent Stedi light bars for $250 -$300' Hella, Narva, and Lightforce from $400 to $600. Lightforce are the only company to have their light outputs and beam patterns independently test by a NATA laboratory ang publish the results!

OJ.
      Thanks OJ,
      Thought that might be the case.
      I now have an extra $800 to spend on fuel and getting out there - when work permits

Comment

• Dicko1
        Valued Member
        • Dec 2014
        • Cairns, FNQ

Just bought this new Stedi....Very impressive . More than enough light for me..

Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• Jorgo RX Pajero
          • Feb 2017
          • Perth WA

I have just completed the light upgrade for my Pajero and am super happy with the outcome - This is what I installed:

STEDI LED OEM Light replacement kit - great improvement over OEM Halogen globes

STEDI 21.5inch Double Row Ultra High Output Light Bar - Perfect for consistent spread of light, fills the gaps left by the HID's

LIGHT FORCE XGT 240mm - with 70w HID upgraded globe inserts - Awesome for Highway Driving - best distance penetration. These have been on the vehicle for 140,000ks and have never failed.

STEDI LED ARB Deluxe bar Fog Light + DRL replacement lights

My wife asked if I was afraid of the dark - Not any more !!!

Comment

• DT6061
            • May 2015
            • Tea Gardens

Originally posted by Jorgo RX Pajero View Post
            I have just completed the light upgrade for my Pajero and am super happy with the outcome - This is what I installed:

STEDI LED OEM Light replacement kit - great improvement over OEM Halogen globes

STEDI 21.5inch Double Row Ultra High Output Light Bar - Perfect for consistent spread of light, fills the gaps left by the HID's

LIGHT FORCE XGT 240mm - with 70w HID upgraded globe inserts - Awesome for Highway Driving - best distance penetration. These have been on the vehicle for 140,000ks and have never failed.

STEDI LED ARB Deluxe bar Fog Light + DRL replacement lights

My wife asked if I was afraid of the dark - Not any more !!!
            A photo of all that would be great, cheers.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X