Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Electrical / Radios

Electrical / Radios Discussion of electrical systems and accessories.

Old 4 Weeks Ago

Default ARB AR40 Intensity Light Bar

Anyone on here got or used one of these? https://www.arb.com.au/driving-light...ity-light-bar/

No real reviews on google

Are they any good ?

Price is a bugger and the red surround (likely to fade to a poxy pink) are the main turn offs.

Positives are quality if you believe the ARB hype (fading of red surround??) and apparently provide legal fitment to top rail of bull bar. Before forking out $800 plus harness cost I would want to clear it with the NSW RMS (or has anyone got definitive advice on this?) and be convinced the red surround isn't just a tad too tacky.

Questionable is the amount of spread of light.. Already have excellent spotties which have a spot and/or spread setting so pure spread is what I am looking for? Or maybe I should just drive in bright sunlight

Alternatively what if any other mounts / light bars provide a similar mounting position (at possibly 1/3 the price (and with a spread}?

Cheers
2015 NX GLS silver, tow pack, Redarc TowPro, Bush Skinz, ARB b/bar, TJM snorkel, Fyrlyt spotties, Stedi DRL/foglights, Dobinsons 40mm lift, CTek DC-DC, 100 ah agm, provent catch can, UHF. Still to sort TC patch instal, rear storage, platform rack.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

With a pair of Flyts and Stedi fog lights the extra light you will get by running a light bar will be minimal and you may be disappointed with amount of additional light you get having just spent $800. You can get equivalent Stedi light bars for $250 -$300' Hella, Narva, and Lightforce from $400 to $600. Lightforce are the only company to have their light outputs and beam patterns independently test by a NATA laboratory and publish the results!

OJ.
2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT245/75/16, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Nightbreaker +130LB & Phillips +100 HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Last edited by old Jack; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:08 AM. Reason: spelling correction
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by old Jack View Post
With a pair of Flyts and Stedi fog lights the extra light you will get by running a light bar will be minimal and you may be disappointed with amount of additional light you get having just spent $800. You can get equivalent Stedi light bars for $250 -$300' Hella, Narva, and Lightforce from $400 to $600. Lightforce are the only company to have their light outputs and beam patterns independently test by a NATA laboratory ang publish the results!

OJ.
Thanks OJ,
Thought that might be the case.
I now have an extra $800 to spend on fuel and getting out there - when work permits
2015 NX GLS silver, tow pack, Redarc TowPro, Bush Skinz, ARB b/bar, TJM snorkel, Fyrlyt spotties, Stedi DRL/foglights, Dobinsons 40mm lift, CTek DC-DC, 100 ah agm, provent catch can, UHF. Still to sort TC patch instal, rear storage, platform rack.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Just bought this new Stedi....Very impressive . More than enough light for me..

https://www.stedi.com.au/st3303-21-5...t-led-bar.html
Old 6 Days Ago

I have just completed the light upgrade for my Pajero and am super happy with the outcome - This is what I installed:

STEDI LED OEM Light replacement kit - great improvement over OEM Halogen globes

STEDI 21.5inch Double Row Ultra High Output Light Bar - Perfect for consistent spread of light, fills the gaps left by the HID's

LIGHT FORCE XGT 240mm - with 70w HID upgraded globe inserts - Awesome for Highway Driving - best distance penetration. These have been on the vehicle for 140,000ks and have never failed.

STEDI LED ARB Deluxe bar Fog Light + DRL replacement lights

My wife asked if I was afraid of the dark - Not any more !!!
Old 5 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorgo RX Pajero View Post
I have just completed the light upgrade for my Pajero and am super happy with the outcome - This is what I installed:

STEDI LED OEM Light replacement kit - great improvement over OEM Halogen globes

STEDI 21.5inch Double Row Ultra High Output Light Bar - Perfect for consistent spread of light, fills the gaps left by the HID's

LIGHT FORCE XGT 240mm - with 70w HID upgraded globe inserts - Awesome for Highway Driving - best distance penetration. These have been on the vehicle for 140,000ks and have never failed.

STEDI LED ARB Deluxe bar Fog Light + DRL replacement lights

My wife asked if I was afraid of the dark - Not any more !!!
A photo of all that would be great, cheers.