• Show
Clear All
  • M.lambert
    • Oct 2018
    • Mackay

2009 3.2 diesel auto transmission oil

Hey guys.
    I hope some one here can help me out.
    I have just serviced my 2009 3.2 diesel auto. However when i drained my transmission fluid from the pan there was very little oil that came out of it. I have read of a way to drain it fully. My qustion though is: How do i refill the the oil and check the oil level? I do not have a dipstick in the engine bay. Thanks in advance guys!
  • rykiel575
    • Sep 2017
    • Sydney

What i understand from my limited reading is you take old fluid from the tranny cooler hose which runs to the radiator.

You measure it and you put back the same amount in the fill hole of the transmission

Clear 2l milk bottles are ideal
    2012 NW Pajero GXL 3.2L

Comment

• aussieintas
      Valued Member
      • Feb 2013
      • Sorell, Tasmania

Do a search on google like the one below will bring up plenty of info bud.

pajero nt auto box oil site:www2.pajeroclub.com.au
      2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
      88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
      92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
      92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
      99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
      95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
      08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• PAJERO CW
        • May 2018
        • PADBURY

Originally posted by M.lambert View Post
        Hey guys.
        I hope some one here can help me out.
        I have just serviced my 2009 3.2 diesel auto. However when i drained my transmission fluid from the pan there was very little oil that came out of it. I have read of a way to drain it fully. My qustion though is: How do i refill the the oil and check the oil level? I do not have a dipstick in the engine bay. Thanks in advance guys!
        Hi there, If your box is same as mine {being a nw} with no dipstick ,,, u have the filler plug same size as front diff.....it is located drivers side {off side} same as oil filter etc...go to back of pan then look up further back and u will see a plug... you only have a few inches of space....so get yourself a long ring spanner and undo this first....next trick is get some plastic tubing that will fit into hole...I dropped it down from the top between master cylinder and engine . and fitted in a hole.. top end i fitted funnel in hoze.... Now go to actual pan and you will see 2 plugs...rear one is drain,the other one to side is for correct level....after empty/drain/flush or what ever you doing....tighten up sump plug...[ i put thread sealer on mine } leave other plug out......Now from the top pour in the transmission oil, best is Castrol Transmax Dexron V1 Mercon LV......Sump holds less the 4 litres....When oil come out hole , [same as doing diff,gearbox etx...stop pouring.and when down to trickle tighten up sump plug.....Just saved your self big bucks and done properly using the . best oil....cheers Mike

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X