• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seigried
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2016
    • brisbane

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post
    You must be driving in very cold conditions. My NW Paj takes about 8 klms of 60-80 klm/hr driving to get to 87. Around 26 degrees outside. Friends Nw also takes the same time.
    My NW also only takes about 8 to ks to get up to temp. My NS takes longer but being a manual it has diffrent glow plugs. Having said that the NS takes ~20ks to get up to temp even on a cold frosty morning.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Comment

• erad
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2015
      • Cooma NSW

Dicko1 wrote: "[B]You must be driving in very cold conditions. My NW Paj takes about 8 klms of 60-80 klm/hr driving to get to 87. Around 26 degrees outside. Friends Nw also takes the same time."[/B]

You are correct - even in summer here it still takes forever to warm up, but the morning temperatures are normally around 12 Degrees C as a maximum. In winter, the ambient temperature goes as low as -10 Deg C, although I try to still be in bed at that time. When I get up, it is normally around 5 Deg C outside. My wife's Outlander is pumping out warm air within 1 km.

Comment

• KiwiNTPajero
        Valued Member
        • Aug 2014
        • Wellington,New Zealand

NZ can be cold in the winter too.MY NT is producing warm air within 5 minutes, by 15 minutes its too hot to leave on say 22 .
        2009 NT GLS(NZ) diesel LWB auto
        BFG AT,Rhino Rack Vortex Bars,Foxwing Eco Awning,BUSHSKINZ I/C, sump guards and steps

"do not check the button for faster communication, this will throw a wobbly with some dongles"

Comment

• Dicko1
          Valued Member
          • Dec 2014
          • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by erad View Post
          Dicko1 wrote: "[B]You must be driving in very cold conditions. My NW Paj takes about 8 klms of 60-80 klm/hr driving to get to 87. Around 26 degrees outside. Friends Nw also takes the same time."[/B]

You are correct - even in summer here it still takes forever to warm up, but the morning temperatures are normally around 12 Degrees C as a maximum. In winter, the ambient temperature goes as low as -10 Deg C, although I try to still be in bed at that time. When I get up, it is normally around 5 Deg C outside. My wife's Outlander is pumping out warm air within 1 km.

Sorry erad... I don't understand those numbers you posted. Here in Cairns single digit and minus numbers don't exist. Any number below 14 doesn't register..

lol
          Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• rykiel575
            • Sep 2017
            • Sydney

Oh yeah i should mention, the magnetic fan clutch was worn on my pajero. It would get up to temperature reasonably quickly.

When I got to finally replace it took almost 2-3 times longer for it to get up to temperature.
            2012 NW Pajero GXL 3.2L

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X