• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • denmonkey
    • Oct 2017
    • Newcastle NSW

Awaba SF and Freemans playground

Hey Guys,

I headed out to suss out some trails with a few fellas in the awaba SF near mount sugarloaf.
    We headed in via Archery road and after a quick chat got to the job of exploring.
    We followed the tracks as outlined below

We headed up wakefield forrest road but rather than head right and up towards mount vincent/sugarloaf we kept heading straight on up brunkerville road where we encountered some challenges.

Ultimately though they proved to be an easy task but we enjoyed them none the less.

This track does exit down towards brunkerville, so it can be done as a one way trip.
    If you choose your line right, it's a walk in the park but a lift is probably recommended.
    This can also get slippery along the way when wet.

Once we found that it did exit we turned back to head up again and down to follow sugarloaf range road to the right and headed down to blowfly trail.

Unfortunately a utube clipup showed a more exciting trail than it actually was. It was over 12 months old.

It looked like some work had been done here and some minor ruts were pretty much all that was to be found.
    Exiting through the paintball car park, we chucked a quick stop into freemans servo before heading to the playground just up the road.

Once there we tackled some easy and not so easy tracks with Mitch showing what the old yoda was capable of.

I managed to find the limits of the Paj and gave my sliders and bash plates a good n proper testing.

If you're considering boos bash plates and bushskinz sliders, this should give you some confidence in spending your hard earned.

Mitch kept the pressure on picking some interesting ........ climbs
    He has a lot more clearance and flex that me

Another yoda showed how easy it was with proper line choice.

I showed them the wrong line .

The rear wheels slid out a bit and sent me right towards the wall. I was too high on my line choice.

As I know I was going to lift, I was trying to ride the wall to avoid a rear wheel dropping into the hole. In the end I had no choice.

This made is a bit of a challenge to get out of.

You'll see in the video that while I knew I was going to throw a wheel up for sure, my main concern once it was up was how far forward I needed to go before the hole the opposite rear wheel had to go before it came out.

I've found that providing you know that back wheel is going to come up soon enough, you're all good.

This is probably the highest I've had it thus far.
    I don't plan on getting much higher than this

I think this was the climb Graham from 4wd action rolled it on...so I was told. not sure though.

and we all figured out what was possible with a good spot. I tell ya I couldn't see squat from there

After some more direction and the offer of a quick oil change whilst I was there , a little commitment got me through ....look at that focus

when all was done, one last challenge on the way out

All in all an awesome day out.

If you're in the aread, the playground/training ground is recommended for all levels to have a play.

Here's the video of the day. Enjoy

Attached Files
  • Plez
    • Jul 2018
    • South East QLD

Thanks for the write up mate. Your videos were actually the Lynch pin in my decision to buy a Pajero, I commented on one of your videos maybe a week or so ago now.

Keep up the great work and the good videos.
    Cheers
    2013 NW, Grey, Auto, Diesel. Resistor EGR Delete, 2inch OZtec + Kings lift, 265/65/r17 Bridgestone Duelers. Custom 2.5inch turbo back exhaust with 200cell highflow cat and 12inch straight through resonator.

Comment

• NTBenny
      • May 2017
      • Newcastle

Looks like a great day Brett. Ya certainly gave those rock sliders a test.

Thanks for sharing.

Benny.
      Last edited by NTBenny; 22-07-18, 07:54 PM.
      2011 NT Pajero Platinum, DCS 80AH Extreme Battery, Stedi 8.5" LED driving lights, Bushskinz side steps & bash plates, Provent 200, Auto-mate TC lockup, Derale fan forced trans cooler, custom 3inch exhaust, JT intercooler, Bilstein + Lovells 2 inch lift, Airbag Man bags, DBA slotted rotors, braided brake lines, diff+gearbox+transfer breathers, Redarc boost & EGT gauge, Tuned by TME 141rwkw 598nm.

Comment

• denmonkey
        • Oct 2017
        • Newcastle NSW

Originally posted by Plez View Post
        Thanks for the write up mate. Your videos were actually the Lynch pin in my decision to buy a Pajero, I commented on one of your videos maybe a week or so ago now.

Keep up the great work and the good videos.
        Cheers

cheers mate, I remember.

I don't think I'll be torturing it like this too often but it's nice to know I can when it needs it.

As much as I like doing this, it's my daily and I have to be realistic that sooner or later, something will go wrong.

I mostly love just exploring with it. Picking a trail and seeing how far i can get or whats at the end.

Plus it tows the caravan like a champ. All of things in one package is a pretty sweet deal, especially for the price.

Gets hard though on your own, so its nice to have a few around who like to do the same things.

As I think I said in my reply on the tube, others are surprised how well it does.

Comment

• denmonkey
          • Oct 2017
          • Newcastle NSW

Originally posted by NTBenny View Post
          Looks like a great day Brett. Ya certainly gave those rock sliders a test.

Thanks for sharing.

Benny.

yes mate, used them and the plates more than a few times. I think I nearly wore may way through at one point.

I was dirty that the lux got up that step but it seemed no amount of trying was going to get me up there.
          Old mate just had more height than I did.

Comment

• denmonkey
            • Oct 2017
            • Newcastle NSW

couple of extra pics from one of the boys

Attached Files

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X