Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Triton

Triton Covering all models.

Old 11-07-17

Default Filling diffs, gearbox and transfer case

Here's a simple, reliable and relatively simple way to fill diffs, gearbox and the transfer case. Get about 1m or so of 10mm plastic hose and an old tyre valve stem.
Remove the valve from the stem.
Take the cap off the bottle and drill 2 holes into the top of the cap. One for the hose to fit in snugly, one for the stem. Put the tyre stem on so it can have an air compressor attached to it. I use a 12 v compressor so it's easy to access whilst under the vehicle.
Push the hose through the hole and have enough length so it can reach the bottom of the container.
Attach the compressor to the stem. Put the other end into the diff, gearbox or transfer case that you need to fill.
Turn the compressor on - air in, fluid goes out via the hose. Air off - fluid stops flowing.
No pumps, squeezing containers, syringes etc required.
Alternates to the valve stem include using an air duster attachment for your shop compressor to regulate the air flow.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk