• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Herman4x4
    Valued Member
    • Oct 2009
    • Melton, Victoria

Thanks Chris, it was getting a bit confusing.
    Cheers,
    Andrew.
    Cheers,
    Andrew.

2008 NS Diesel Auto - stock as a rock. Planning Tow bar, dual battery system, cargo barrier, bullbar, winch, lights, roof rack and suspension.
    Jayco Starcraft 17.58-3.

Comment

• Woosydiver
      • Jul 2013
      • Bunbury, WA

Originally posted by Yclept View Post
      What sort of diode did you use and whereabouts did you put it?
      I don't recall the diode spec but it was rated at 300v. The power rating needs to be commensurate with the power of the camera. My camera was rated at 90mA, so that's approx 1W [12 x .09]. Make sure the diode is not a Zener diode which I was initially offered.

As the idea is not to send current to the reversing lights when the switch is on, the diode fits in the line where I pulled the 12v from, that's the 12v which goes high when in reverse.

Comment

• Yclept
        Valued Member
        • Jan 2013
        • Sydney

Cheers

Cheers, Brett

2013 NW Pajero VRX - White - 3000kg Tow Kit - Sports Mesh Grille - Bonnet & Light Protectors/Weathershields - Thule Wingbar - Tyre Snake - Couplertec Electronic Rustproofing - Maxtrax Mk1 - Piranha Aux Battery Tray - Redarc 1240 Charger - ARB 47 Litre Fridge - MSA Fridge Drop Slide - Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier - ORS Drawers - ARB Deluxe Bullbar - GME TX3540 UHF & AE4703 Antenna - ARB Intensity Lights - ARB Onboard Compressor - Bilstein/Dobinsons Susp - Bushskinz x 4

Comment

• Krispy
          • Sep 2013
          • Greensborough

Thanks for making it easy

Hi guys, thought I would post up a thanks to everyone that added to this thread. I just installed a single din cd/dvd player with small screen that can do reverse camera vision, and with the info here it was much easier than expected. The trigger wire was indeed red with green trace, and for me it was on the right side of the plug on the middle row.
          Thanks again.

Krispy
          2000 NM Exceed - 2" lift, dual batteries (projecta 150A), sump guard, GME TX3500, Xtrons head unit with reverse camera, side steps waiting to go on and a long list of things I want to add

Comment

• green monster
            Valued Member
            • Apr 2008
            • Adelaide

Originally posted by Calspec View Post
            In the NM, the wiring loom runs down the drivers side of the cabin. Accessible by lifting the plastic footwell sill panel inside the right rear door. I wouldn't think the NP would be any different. I was able to splice into the reverse light wire there and run a wire across, under the carpet to the centre console and then through to the head unit for reverse cam display triggering. Can't remember the colour of the wire you need. Remove the reverse light assembly at the rear, determine the wire colour for the reverse lamp and then find the same colour wire in the loom inside the passenger door.
            And the red with green trace was correct,

Thank you sir,, was in the middle of trying to find this when a quick google search led my to your post, saved me heaps of time, ,
            NX ARB bar totally stock,, for now and the trusty old NM Exceed ,Injected LPG. ARB Sahara bar 12000lb Tigerz11winch,Lightforce genisis ,2x stealth LED bars, rear LED reverse light, GU Patrol black wheels 32"BFGs ,custom alloy roof rack with twin awnings,, snorkel, Milford barrier, custom rear storage ,triple batteries,fridge slide,Pioneer touchscreen unit, 50L Waeco,UHF,lots of scratches down the sides, new super powerful engine!,bash plates, 3" lift,polyairs Dobinsons,extractors ,Maxtrax

Comment

• boots
              • Sep 2008
              • Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Reversing light circuit

For any one interested circuit diagram for reversing lights and instructions on how to read diagrams - these are from 2003 Montero
              Attached Files
              2016 NX GLS 3.2L. GME TX3400.

Comment

• The Last Streetfighter
                • Jul 2007
                • BrisVegas

Originally posted by marlin1856 View Post
                Sorry to revisit this topic but I cant seem to find an accurate answer. I have successfully installed a 2 din stereo/gps and reverse camera in my NP Paj but cannot find a trigger wire in the dash or console, has anyone found one up the front?
                Hey Marlin

Do you have some pics of your setup?
                Current ride. EP91 Starlet Auto
                Missus car: 2005 Platinum DiD Auto, H/R Towbar, Rhino Sportz Aero Bars, Redarc Isolator, Elec Brake Controller. 2" Lift and LT Tyres.

Comment

• aargee
                  • Jul 2007
                  • Limestone, QLD

Have a look at my install here for the reversing wire...

Comment

• Ochie
                    • Apr 2018
                    • Christchurch NZ

Where to find the reversing camera wire / trigger

I recently upgraded my Head Unit to a Pioneer AVH-1300NEX and installed a reversing camera ( Pioneer ND-BC8 )

This forum has been very helpful and I though I would contribute by uploading some pictures showing the exact location of this reversing camera wire trigger

Hope this helps

Tags:
                    Pioneer
                    AVH-1300NEX
                    1300NEX
                    NEX
                    PIONEER
                    ND-BC8
                    reversing
                    camera
                    wire
                    trigger
                    Attached Files

Comment

• KPJero
                      • May 2019
                      • QLD

Maybe you guys can you help me? My headunit has a purple/white reverse trigger cord. The headunit also has a pin connector that goes into the rear of the headunit with 4 wires coming off it. There is a black 'Cam Ground', a red 'Camera Power', a yellow video RCA and finally an Aux 3.5mm jack. Each wire is only about 200mm long. Now, the camera I bought is a parkmate. It includes a 7m long yellow RCA for video feed, so i know that will connect to the headunit RCA. Check. But there is a red wire and a black wire and the instructions say to ground the black wire and connect the red to the reverse light. These wires are about 1.5m long. So that makes sense, i'll connect it as mentioned (ie black to ground, red to reverse light). My question is, how do I actually connect the 'Cam Power' and the reverse trigger wire from the headunit up front?! I have no idea where these are supposed to go. 2011 NT

Comment

• aussieintas
                        Valued Member
                        • Feb 2013
                        • Sorell, Tasmania

Im guessing you have aftermarket headunit.......what brand?

The trigger wire needs to be connected to a source that goes lives when the vehicle is put into reverse to allow the headunit to turn onto reverse or RCA.

Link below may help to locate appropriate source.

2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
                        88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
                        92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
                        92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
                        99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
                        95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
                        08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• nj swb
                          Resident
                          • Jun 2007
                          • Adelaide

I suspect your head unit will apply 12V to the red "camera power" line when it detects reverse has been selected (on the purple/white wire). The black "cam ground" wire is probably to help reduce noise on the 12V to the camera, which should help to reduce noise in the picture.

So:
                          1. camera red to "camera power"
                          2. camera black to "cam ground"
                          3. purple/white to a reverse signal.

See if there's an answer for the reverse signal here:
                          Originally posted by nj swb View Post
                          Yes, it can be done, and it's not that hard - in hindsight, when you know what to do...

I bought my NT second hand (from a fellow forumite) on a Friday - in Brisbane.

On Monday, while driving back to Adelaide, I decided the MMCS had to go.

Ever the opportunist, I bought an ex-demo unit from another fellow forumite, Extnix. Although it came with an aftermarket camera and all required cables, I decided I would prefer to use the factory camera - if possible.

After pulling apart the dash and extricating the old unit, the connectors on the back of the new unit didn't match the connectors on the wiring diagram I found in the on-line Russian service manuals - see here.

However, the colour-codes of the wires did match, and the modification can be done without cutting a single factory wire.

My new head unit only used two of three multi-pole connectors. The one that wasn't used looked like this:

The pink wire to the camera is the positive power supply - on my NT, it was measuring 6.6V when the camera was active.

The video signal was on white and light green wires - with my el-cheapo multi-meter, measuring AC volts, the measurement went from about .09V with the camera off, to about 0.27V with the camera active.

The other two wires (pink-black and black-yellow) have me bamboozled. They both appear to be earths, they always seemed to have the same voltage (measuring both AC and DC), and the camera would work with either earthed. In the end, I simply earthed them both.

A reversing signal is on the red wire with a green stripe (although it looked more black to me...) Upstream of the diagram I posted above, it comes from an ignition-switched supply, via a fuse and transmission switch - it's essentially a +12V supply that's only on when the ignition is on, and the transmission is in reverse.
                          NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• KPJero
                            • May 2019
                            • QLD

Originally posted by aussieintas View Post
                            Im guessing you have aftermarket headunit.......what brand?

The trigger wire needs to be connected to a source that goes lives when the vehicle is put into reverse to allow the headunit to turn onto reverse or RCA.

Link below may help to locate appropriate source.

https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...ad.php?t=63870
                            Yes. Just recently installed a new Clarion headunit.

Comment

• KPJero
                              • May 2019
                              • QLD

Originally posted by nj swb View Post
                              I suspect your head unit will apply 12V to the red "camera power" line when it detects reverse has been selected (on the purple/white wire). The black "cam ground" wire is probably to help reduce noise on the 12V to the camera, which should help to reduce noise in the picture.

So:
                              1. camera red to "camera power"
                              2. camera black to "cam ground"
                              3. purple/white to a reverse signal.

See if there's an answer for the reverse signal here:
                              Yeah I think you're right. But it's weird. I'm thinking if i ground the -ve from the camera and i put the +ve from the camera to my reverse light, then when that reverselight activates, the camera should also turn on. So that takes care of the rear. Then a yellow RCA cable to the headunit.
                              Then working at the head unit, I'm thinking that if the purple/white from the headunit is connected to another wire that 'activates' when reverse is selected, then that should tell the headunit to switch to display the camera. And the camera should also be activated because it's connected to the reverse light. So if my theory is correct, then I shouldn't have to route/connect the + and the - from the camera to the + and - at the headunit. But...but..but then what purpose does the + and - at the head unit serve?
                              I have taken a look at your thread previously and I was still lost, unfortunately.

Comment

• simonclur
                                • Jun 2013
                                • QLD

Reverse Camera Wiring diagram - reverse or switched whilst driving

My wiring diagrm for the reverse camera and Pajero wiring diagram for the reverse lights:

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X