Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-1 Pajero

Generation 4-1 Pajero NS Model 2006 - 2009

Old 28-06-19
Valued Member

Default Getting EGT readings with torque pro

I got one of those cheap eBay odb2 dongles and downloaded torque pro. Has some good things, but I got it to see EGTs but it doesn't seem to work. Anyone done this before? I believe there is a few tricks to get some of the sensors to work, but haven't seen anything Pajero specific yet. There is a mits plugin but it was out of date for my android OS.
Old 28-06-19
Resident

As I understand it, and could be wrong, the reported temperature is part of the DPF system, so I don't think it's called EGT as such. Have you tried looking for Cat Bank or DPF temperature signals?

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box
Old 28-06-19

Torque Pro can read Cat B1S1 temp.
Normal value is around 350 degC, during DPF cleaning the temp rise up to 750 degC.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
Old 28-06-19
Valued Member

I found the cat sensor so all good. I have the dpf delete but it still sees the sensors but not relevant obviously.
Interestingly, it threw a gearbox comms code, but it didn't do anything. I just cleared it.

Not a bad bit of kit, although the gearbox and engine temps are coming from the same sensor. I have a gearbox temp gauge already, so no big deal for me.
Old 29-06-19
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilgeboy View Post
... the gearbox and engine temps are coming from the same sensor. I have a gearbox temp gauge already, so no big deal for me.
You need to create a custom PID in Torque Pro to read the transmission temperature. Try this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceandBobbi View Post
This is for the Pajero with the Jatco box. Don't know if it works on the Challenger.

Go to Torque home screen and click on bottom Left Hand menu, then select settings, then, select Manage extra PIDs/Sensors. Now select menu in top right hand corner, then add predefined set, then Chrysler/Dodge, then Transmission Fluid Temp (GM Method 1). Now a screen will come up options for: Trans.FI.Tmp and select Edit, now edit it. Change the fields first line is the heading and under it is what to change it to
OBD2 mode and PID(in HEX..... to

Short name (used in Display) to
Trans Temp

Minimum Value (typically 0) to
Maximum Value to

Scale Factor to
x1

Unit factor to
°C

Equation (eg A+B+20- or [0d]+10=A or even just [0d] to
f-50

OBD Header to use (leave blank, 'Auto' or HEX header) to
TCM

Then go back to Torque home screen and click on bottom Left Hand menu, then select Vehicle Profile then edit the profile you already set up for the Pajero. Scroll to the bottom and select the protocol where it says "Automatit - through profile scan" and change to
ISO 15765-4 CAN (11bit 500k baud)

Now when you add the transmission temp to a screen you must use:
Transmission Temp (Chrysler/Dodge)
I think the "f-50" is for the Aisin transmission, and the Jatco should be "f-40". Once you have it set up and working, first thing in the morning before you actually start the engine, turn on the ignition and wait for all your readings to come up. Intake air, coolant and transmission should all be the same temp, within maybe a degree or two. If the transmission temp is more like 10 degrees different, use the other number.

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box
Old 14-08-19
Valued Member

Belated thanks for the info...

I just found out you can get torque pro to work on Android auto.
Need an API and be in developer mode in AA.
https://labs.xda-developers.com/stor...ni.emil.obd2aa .
This dongle I have seems to be rubbish however, still throws a/t fault codes, and today it made a bunch of lights flash on the trip computer above the head unit and the door open indicators flash on and off. I think I might have to invest in something a little better. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Old 14-08-19
Valued Member

A couple of things. Make sure you select 11Bit 500k baud and also make sure you dont click faster communication in settings. These will throw codes.

2012 NW GLS Diesel Auto with:
ARB delux bar, full length Ocam ally roof rack with rear LED work light, dual batteries, DIY rear ally drawers with fridge slide, 2" lift oztec/kings, Polyairs, Kings awning 2.5 x 2.5m with LED strip light, pair of genr8 40w LED spot/flood driving lights, iron man 4x4 22" LED light bar, mounted thumper compressor, 70L water tank & 12v pump, 120w solar, LED interior lights, Boo Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel and Grande mk lll 12000lb winch.