• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MorgansPC
    • Feb 2016
    • ACT

UHF Install

Hi all,

Have a UHF that I need to get around to installing. Looking for suggestions on where others mount the box and the handheld mic. Its a compact system with display etc on the mic.

Would love to see some photos of peoples set ups etc.

Thanks
    PC Challenger MY2104. MT. Silver. The Ultimate Suspension (Lovells coils/spring, heavy duty front, medium duty rear with Aussie Ryder struts/shocks),TJM bullbar, TJM 9,500lb winch, safari snorkel, genuine towbar.
  • MorgansPC
    • Feb 2016
    • ACT

So I wanted to install this today and wire it to the accessories cables in the centre consol. Thought that would be easiest to access.

However not sure and my lack of experience is making me nervous.

I was planning to splice and solder the UHF power on to these however they are a thinner gauge.

Any suggestions and advice would be greatly appreciated.
    PC Challenger MY2104. MT. Silver. The Ultimate Suspension (Lovells coils/spring, heavy duty front, medium duty rear with Aussie Ryder struts/shocks),TJM bullbar, TJM 9,500lb winch, safari snorkel, genuine towbar.

Comment

• amec
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2015
      • Wamberal

If you can't find a power supply under the dash that can give the amps required you could wire directly to the battery or via a relay that is triggered by ignition.
      PC Challenger. TJM bar and winch. Dual battery with Redarc dc-dc, Redarc trailer brake controller. USB outlets everywhere, Uniden UH5060 UHF, $0.45 EGR mod. Lovells springs and Bilstein shocks For 50mm lift. LED spotties. MM 4X4 Automate. Airtec snorkel, Hancook dynapro, Bushskinz skid plates x3 + side steps.Torqit peddle thing. Torqit Power Module.

Comment

• KevL
        • May 2015
        • Murphys Creek

Try one of these

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

• Ian H
          Valued Member
          • May 2015
          • Melbourne

Originally posted by KevL View Post
          That's what I used to run the power to my UHF. Easy to do and find an accessory fuse which is active with the ignition on.
          2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• gumbs
            • Jul 2015
            • Brisbane

I've got a uniden remote mic setup in mine. I was able to squeeze the unit in above the transmission tunnel behind the centre console. It isn't bolted down just held by friction between the carpet and aircon duct (from memory).

I spliced power off the cigarette lighter plug, I didn't actual check wire gauge sizing but it should be fused at 10A and will only ever have 50w (2x5A @ 5V USB) Max plugged into the socket so I'm not concerned enough to check the numbers.

The blanking plug for the hazard lights on a LHD model is in a decent place for the mic holder and means I can remove the holder later and just need to replace that blank.

I cut a hole into one of the switch blanks next to the cig lighter plug to fit the plug off the extension lead so the mic can easily be removed when not in use.

There is enough space to pull a complete aerial plug through the grommet in the passenger side (well taped and lubed to protect the other cables) so you don't even need to re crimp the connector.

Comment

• KevsChallenger
              • Sep 2017
              • Melbourne

Originally posted by gumbs View Post
              I've got a uniden remote mic setup in mine. I was able to squeeze the unit in above the transmission tunnel behind the centre console. It isn't bolted down just held by friction between the carpet and aircon duct (from memory).

The blanking plug for the hazard lights on a LHD model is in a decent place for the mic holder and means I can remove the holder later and just need to replace that blank.

I installed mine in the same spot and have used velcro tape to hold it in place.
              My mic is also in the same spot.

As for wiring straight to the battery for me.
              PC, 2"OME, Safari Snorkel, Dual Batts, TJM Bar, Ironman Winch, 265/75/16 General Grabber AT2's, ARB Fridge/Slide, Cargo Barrier, Provent Catch Can, Roof Rack, Lightbar, Inverter, UHF, Lock Up Mate, ScangaugeII, IDrive

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X