• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Garc
    • May 2015
    • Perth

Vertical Jack bracket

Seeing posts about the detrimental effect on the jack of it laying down all the time I decided to see if could be placed vertically. Yes it can! But not with the lid or, I think, the rear seats packed away.
    I made up a simple bracket out of scrap aluminium angle and put some scrap carpet under it. The jack sits tight behind the jack cradle (see pic).
    I used a wing nut for the bracket to jack connection and the standard wing bolt to connect to the car. I had to cut an angle on the bracket to allow me to get fingers in the tighten the wing bolt

It is in tightly and is not making a noise.
    Attached Files
    Gary

2008 NS DiD Exceed. MM factory alloy full bar, Autosafe cargo barrier, Roley's rear bash plate, Uniden 8080 UHF, Kings 120A lithium battery in rear cargo area, Renogy DCDC charger, fire ext mounted in place of rear door handle, Redarc EBC, BushSkinz IC & sump. ARB Frontier replacement fuel tank, Pedders track rider suspension. Lockup Mate.
  • HeavyPizzaz
    Valued Member
    • May 2017
    • Sydney

Nice! I might do something like this also, thanks for the idea. My ex police one has no factory bracket. The dealer said they’re removed from every police one he sees. I thought it was maybe because of the aux tank at first but now I don’t think so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Axis
      Valued Member
      • Jul 2011
      • Highett Vic

Originally posted by HeavyPizzaz View Post
      Nice! I might do something like this also, thanks for the idea. My ex police one has no factory bracket. The dealer said they’re removed from every police one he sees. I thought it was maybe because of the aux tank at first but now I don’t think so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Very interesting, I wonder why. We couldn't work out why my mates ex cop Pajero doesn't have one.

Garc, nice mod!
      07 NS DiD GLX Manual, Alloy Bullbar, 2" lift, Bilstein shocks, King Springs, Kumho MT51, Oricom UHF088, Prodigy P2 Brake Controller, Airtec Snorkel, Bushskinz Intercooler Guard, Boo's Sump and Tansmission Bash Plates

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X