• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wazza430
    • Jul 2015
    • Port Pirie S.A.

Fridge Slide

Ok all you handymen and women, I have seen all your shelves and draws for fridge slides and I must say, great work. I want to be able to keep the height in the back and I do have the 3rd row seat removed. To line the rear with ply board im going to bolt the rear of the board at the child restraint points. But I have noticed the floor has a lot of ridges along it. How do you overcome the ridges to get a smooth flat floor to bolt the ply down.

Cheers
    Warren
    MY15 GLS NX Pajero, ARB Deluxe bar, AE4705 GME Antenna, Uniden 8060S, SPV EGR block, Donaldsonl fuel filter, Front tinted windows, Monroe shocks, King Springs,HPD catch can, 9" dominator driving lights.
  • tiger99
    • Oct 2015
    • Brisbane

False floor will be flat enough with the whole of the floor area covered. I allowed for the fridge to be on the right side so that I could cut out a hatch to use the seat well as storage. As I still needed to use the child anchors for car seats I used the holes from the factory luggage points to anchor the false floor. I also used t-nuts to create tie down points for the fridge on the ply as they are low profile.
    Pete
    2011 NT RX. Ironbark. 2.5 x 2.5 Awning.

Comment

• Wazza430
      • Jul 2015
      • Port Pirie S.A.

Thanks Pete. Im going to have access as well to the 3rd seat well but on the right side. I wasnt sure if the ply would be unstable on the ridges. I want to be able to use the child anchor points as well so I may have to go the way you have. Did you remove the plastic liner in the 3rd row seat well?
      Thanks again.
      Warren
      MY15 GLS NX Pajero, ARB Deluxe bar, AE4705 GME Antenna, Uniden 8060S, SPV EGR block, Donaldsonl fuel filter, Front tinted windows, Monroe shocks, King Springs,HPD catch can, 9" dominator driving lights.

Comment

• tiger99
        • Oct 2015
        • Brisbane

No, still in place. I've managed to keep my tie downs by using a longer m6 bolt with a timber packer under the tie down to give it height and support. The tie down then holds the floor in place and looks factory. I used the genuine cargo liner as a template to get the shape for the ply. The worst part was covering it in carpet due to the curves and corners. Used a lot of glue and staples. I'll try to post a pic in the morning.
        2011 NT RX. Ironbark. 2.5 x 2.5 Awning.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X