• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitsu07
    • Dec 2014
    • Central Cosst

The Watagan

Hi

Does anyone know a good track for Pajeros through the Watagans? Am hoping to explore there soon.
    2inch lift Bilstein /Lovells, Safari Snorkel, MCC Steel Bar and Ironman 9500lbs winch.
  • craka
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2009
    • Newcastle (Newie)

I'd like to as well. Just not anything that is prone to vehicle damage. Maybe a few of us around the area could get a trip going.
    NS SWB X 3.2DiD - Factory locker, Hella spotties, GME UHF, 2" lift

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.

Comment

• craka
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2009
      • Newcastle (Newie)

I'd like to as well. Just not anything that is prone to vehicle damage. Maybe a few of us around the area could get a trip going?

Comment

• Mitsu07
        • Dec 2014
        • Central Cosst

Originally posted by craka View Post
        I'd like to as well. Just not anything that is prone to vehicle damage. Maybe a few of us around the area could get a trip going?
        I agree, vehicle damage is not fun, it is amazing how the old Pajeros eat up easy tracks, but there are some comp truck style tracks that are just so hard.
        2inch lift Bilstein /Lovells, Safari Snorkel, MCC Steel Bar and Ironman 9500lbs winch.

Comment

• Iron Bark Hak
          Valued Member
          • Jun 2014
          • Camden NSW

Guys Pajs eat up hard track also a grade of track does not determine how big the rocks are

some times your balancing on three wheels doing what feels like a 90 degree incline going over a crazy rut thats classified as hard track but that's half the fun

All depends on you.

having Sad that I do miss this old girl it doesn't have the 35 in the picture

Last edited by Iron Bark Hak; 09-02-16, 12:54 PM.
          Next on the Shopping List, well I'm pretty well set up but possibly Harrop front diff lock

So Far Black Widow Draws, Millford Cargo Barrier, Thule Luggage Carrier, Tow kit, Tints, Weather shields, ARB front bar, ARB 2 inch Old Man Emu suspension, Redark 40amp LV dual battery set up STT PRO tyres 275x65x18 Domintor Winch 12000ibs Cree 9 inch LED BushSkinz full protection kit including rear bar protector and side steps TJM snorkel Kings awning

MDC V4 Rear Fold Crusader Camper

Comment

• craka
            Valued Member
            • Jun 2009
            • Newcastle (Newie)

Originally posted by Iron Bark Hak View Post
            Guys Pajs eat up hard track also a grade of track does not determine how big the rocks are

some times your balancing on three wheels doing what feels like a 90 degree incline going over a crazy rut thats classified as hard track but that's half the fun

All depends on you.

having Sad that I do miss this old girl it doesn't have the 35 in the picture
            That is some serious flex.

I'm not saying they don't eat up hard tracks, just after some easier tracks that suit the less experienced (me) and secondly less likely to get damage.

Comment

• Iron Bark Hak
              Valued Member
              • Jun 2014
              • Camden NSW

Originally posted by craka View Post
              That is some serious flex.

I'm not saying they don't eat up hard tracks, just after some easier tracks that suit the less experienced (me) and secondly less likely to get damage.
              I hear ya
              Next on the Shopping List, well I'm pretty well set up but possibly Harrop front diff lock

So Far Black Widow Draws, Millford Cargo Barrier, Thule Luggage Carrier, Tow kit, Tints, Weather shields, ARB front bar, ARB 2 inch Old Man Emu suspension, Redark 40amp LV dual battery set up STT PRO tyres 275x65x18 Domintor Winch 12000ibs Cree 9 inch LED BushSkinz full protection kit including rear bar protector and side steps TJM snorkel Kings awning

MDC V4 Rear Fold Crusader Camper

Comment

• amec
                Valued Member
                • Mar 2015
                • Wamberal

I am pretty familiar with the Watagans. Can easily arrange a day trip, starting at Ourimbah, through Yarramalong, up to near the letter A, down to the basin, bbq lunch at the carvings, back to the Pines for dinner, fire, beers and a camping night in the forest.

Nothing too hard.
                PC Challenger. TJM bar and winch. Dual battery with Redarc dc-dc, Redarc trailer brake controller. USB outlets everywhere, Uniden UH5060 UHF, $0.45 EGR mod. Lovells springs and Bilstein shocks For 50mm lift. LED spotties. MM 4X4 Automate. Airtec snorkel, Hancook dynapro, Bushskinz skid plates x3 + side steps.Torqit peddle thing. Torqit Power Module.

Comment

• cookie9
                  Valued Member
                  • Jul 2014
                  • Central Coast NSW

sounds like a great idea amec

certainly drury lane and surrounding tracks are technical and solid C grade which should be enough for most
                  2011 LS Auto Challenger, Ultimate 50mm suspension lift, Diff breathers, OEM towbar, Bushskinz.....

Comment

• amec
                    Valued Member
                    • Mar 2015
                    • Wamberal

Is Drury lane near the Mandalong entry? Just south of Morisett. Looks familiar, never driven it. Looked up on YouTube. But we often start there on the bikes.

I was thinking a leisurely drive, but it can be whatever others want really.
                    PC Challenger. TJM bar and winch. Dual battery with Redarc dc-dc, Redarc trailer brake controller. USB outlets everywhere, Uniden UH5060 UHF, $0.45 EGR mod. Lovells springs and Bilstein shocks For 50mm lift. LED spotties. MM 4X4 Automate. Airtec snorkel, Hancook dynapro, Bushskinz skid plates x3 + side steps.Torqit peddle thing. Torqit Power Module.

Comment

• craka
                      Valued Member
                      • Jun 2009
                      • Newcastle (Newie)

Originally posted by amec View Post
                      I am pretty familiar with the Watagans. Can easily arrange a day trip, starting at Ourimbah, through Yarramalong, up to near the letter A, down to the basin, bbq lunch at the carvings, back to the Pines for dinner, fire, beers and a camping night in the forest.

Nothing too hard.
                      Sounds awesome. When is it going to be???

Comment

• Hungie
                        • Jan 2015
                        • NSW Central Coast

I'm in if you guys are keen. Sounds like a great days driving and a great nights camping with a few cold beverages..... to keep up the fluids of course
                        03 NP Exceed 3.5 V6 petrol auto, 2 inch Lovells / Bilstein lift, 15mm poly spacer in rear, 8mm alloy strut spacer in front (total 3" lift) 16x8 Ballistic Jester alloys 0 offset, 33" (285/75/16) Atturo Trail Blade M/T's, 2.5 exhaust with Advance extractors into high flow steel CAT and tri-flow muffler & resonator

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X