Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-1 Pajero

Generation 4-1 Pajero NS Model 2006 - 2009

View Poll Results: Happy with Pajero and service.
Yes extremely happy. 22 46.81%
Happy with vehicle but not with service. 9 19.15%
Happy with vehicle but DPF issues put me off. 8 17.02%
Reasonably happy. 9 19.15%
Unhappy with vehicle and service. 1 2.13%
Customer Care and warranty was good. 3 6.38%
Customer Care and warranty was not so good 1 2.13%
Should have purchased a Prado 3 6.38%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-12-17

Quote:
Originally Posted by benckj View Post
Did Mitsi ever solve the DPF problem or does it still effect all years & models?

Reason I ask is that I currently drive a 2006- 3.8l petrol Exceed NS but am considering upgrading to a later model diesel. Tend to buy my vehicles from the Japanese auction so I can choose options and have all the bells & wistiles.

From what I understand the Mitsi Model NT and later either eliminated or perfected the DPF. True of False?

jimb
General advice is late NT onwards is the way to go.
Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.
Old 05-12-17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC.Barky View Post
General advice is late NT onwards is the way to go.
Thanks for the reply. Looks like NT or later is the way to go.

On another related question what model did Mitsi NOT install the dreaded Takata air bags? Trying to work out which model is best bang for buck as I shop around auction sites.

cheers,
Jim
Old 05-12-17

Quote:
Originally Posted by benckj View Post
Thanks for the reply. Looks like NT or later is the way to go.

On another related question what model did Mitsi NOT install the dreaded Takata air bags? Trying to work out which model is best bang for buck as I shop around auction sites.

cheers,
Jim
Not sure off the top of my head but itll likely be all gen 4 at least. but you don't have to be the original owner or under warranty to get recalls carried out so I wouldn't let that influence you. Buy whichever car is best for you then take the VIN to Mitsubishi and they can check to see what has been done.
Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.
Old 06-12-17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC.Barky View Post
Not sure off the top of my head but itll likely be all gen 4 at least. but you don't have to be the original owner or under warranty to get recalls carried out so I wouldn't let that influence you. Buy whichever car is best for you then take the VIN to Mitsubishi and they can check to see what has been done.
Mitsi NZ will only replace the bags if it was originally purchased in NZ as parts not available. For Jap imports they state they are waiting for direction from manufacture as they are not listed as part of recall. Just went through the whole exercise with my 2006 NS that I bought in japan. This is the response I got.

Quote:
Thank you for contacting us today about your Mitsubishi Pajero and concerns that your vehicle is part of the global recall.

Due to a global parts shortage not all vehicles have been identified for the recall.

Currently Mitsubishi Motors NZ is actioning NZ new models affected by the recall and as of today 60% of our affected customers have already been notified. The remainder will be contacted as we receive parts from Japan.

If your vehicle is part of the recall I would not assume that your vehicle has already been completed at this stage in New Zealand.

As you have seen Mitsubishi Motors also has a recall link on our website so you can keep checking for updates:

mmnz.co.nz/recalls

Once again thank you for contacting us, we hope to have this recall completed as soon as possible and we thank you for your patience and understanding while we await the parts arrival in New Zealand.

Kind regards,
When I questioned the link provided as it stated no outstanding defects were identified with my vehicle I received another response.;

Quote:
This means that we have not identified the vehicle yet if it is part of the recall.

We are still waiting on information from Japan for imported vehicles so once this information is given to us, we will use the information registered with NZTA to contact the owners. As I mentioned before, there is a limited amount of replacement parts available so we are getting drip fed with these parts and information.

I am sorry that I can’t give you any more information at this time.

Please keep an eye on the website for updates.

Kind regards,
So you rekon a gen 4 or NX (2014) required if I want to avoid the air bag recall? I know when looking at NZ recall list the Pajero's identified are from 2006-2012. Not sure how accurate this is given what I've learned recently from Mitsi.

jim

Last edited by benckj; 06-12-17 at 05:40 AM.