• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sako13
    • Feb 2014
    • New Zealand

Intermitant and annoying "miss/ chuff"

Hi guys, have used the search function but havent really found any answers that match my issue.
    I have a 98 Challenger with the 3.5L and auto box.
    Has the usual stuff on it, snorkel, lift, bars etc but other than that pretty standard.
    I only use the truck for running the dog and weekend camping trips with the wife and kids so its not used every day and recently I've noticed that maybe every 3rd or 4th cold start, untill its warmed up when I put it into drive and step on the gas it makes a "puffing"kind of noise, bogs down and judders untill its gets up the rev range. Once warm it doesnt do it and its only every so often when cold.
    For lack of a better description it almost sounds like a leak in the manifold as it has that sort of chuffing sound that the old V6 Terranos get when the manifold gasket lets go.
    But its definately not the manifolds, and there are no leaks in the exhaust anywhere.
    Had new cambelt etc 2,000kms ago, was serviced a couple of months ago and have done mabe 3-400 kms since then.
    Any ideas/ help would be greatly appreciated
    Cheers
  • sako13
    • Feb 2014
    • New Zealand

Sorted

Forgot to update but turned out to be the expansion jiont in the exhaust just after the Y-pipe.
    When cold it had a split in the stainless braid, but once warmed up it closed up.
    Sorted :-)

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
    Working...
    X