• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RRising
    • Sep 2018
    • Adelaide

Originally posted by hobbo View Post
    I had the same problem twice with each Pajero I've owned until my son worked out the technique, as you slide the lever behind the seat to flip it back of seat down, as soon as it hits the bottom of the seat, lift the back of the base to flip whole seat forwards. I found if I did it all in 1 movement it always works but if I stop and try to lift the base forward it won't budge. If this doesn't work there is a lot of help and pictures if you do a search on this site. Good Luck.
    Hobbo you glorious person you, i thought the seat was forever stuck, would have been good when i was installing my subwoofer but oh well.

Ok, sorry to hijack this thread but this probably would be a good place to ask instead of its own separate thread but i have found that one of the stalks that holds the seat in the forward position has broken a bracket and is stuffed. can this be replaced or does it need a whole new seat?

Comment

• HH11
      • Jul 2020
      • D

Originally posted by saar View Post
      Sometimes, there is a real problem there and it stuck...
      Had the same issue 2 days ago...

Open that bolt:

And adjust the cable:
      Hi, We've just got our first Pajero, (3 door 2011) but can't fold the back seat down (the single seat folds fine but the 2/3 seat will not move). The lever on the back of the seat won't move and the lever on the side allows the seat to tilt back, but not forward more than the upright position. I tried to follow your photos but mine doesn't look like that... as mine is a 3 door, I can only access from the inner side... Any ideas?

Comment

• Blackpaj06girl
        • Aug 2015
        • Emu park

Originally posted by hobbo View Post
        I had the same problem twice with each Pajero I've owned until my son worked out the technique, as you slide the lever behind the seat to flip it back of seat down, as soon as it hits the bottom of the seat, lift the back of the base to flip whole seat forwards. I found if I did it all in 1 movement it always works but if I stop and try to lift the base forward it won't budge. If this doesn't work there is a lot of help and pictures if you do a search on this site. Good Luck.
        This post saved me 💯 the technique works every time 👌

Comment

• Jasonmc73
          Valued Member
          • Jun 2019
          • Brisbane

Yeah mine MY16 was pain in bum, but after doing the cable adjustment, is great
          Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16 GLS with Sand Grabba floor mats, Ultragauge, Automate & Paddle gear shifters with Vlads traction control mod, Nautia switch panel, ARB compressor, Redarc Tow Pro, Anderson plug, Bushskinz front & rear alloy plates, Kaon light duty cargo barrier & rear door table

Comment

• Andyjanks
            • Mar 2019
            • Perth, WA

hobbo, you have hit the nail on the head with your description for your technique, I can say it works every time now! I've had the NP for over a year now and could never lift the back seats up and just lived with it.... It's funny, if you fold the seat back down, pause then pull the lever to flip the base.....nothing happens, but as soon as you do it in one fluid motion it works. Thanks!
            NP 2004 Exceed, DiD, 234 000k, auto, 2" lift, snorkel

Comment

• Jasonmc73
              Valued Member
              • Jun 2019
              • Brisbane

This is my understanding of the correct procedure, but for me i am far happier after cable adjustment.

Mr Pajero on FB will also give you the same demo.

The secret of folding the second row seats in a Gen 3 or 4 Montero, Pajero, Shogun
              Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16 GLS with Sand Grabba floor mats, Ultragauge, Automate & Paddle gear shifters with Vlads traction control mod, Nautia switch panel, ARB compressor, Redarc Tow Pro, Anderson plug, Bushskinz front & rear alloy plates, Kaon light duty cargo barrier & rear door table

Comment

• dvrpaj
                • Aug 2016
                • Sydney

Originally posted by Jasonmc73 View Post
                This is my understanding of the correct procedure, but for me i am far happier after cable adjustment.

Mr Pajero on FB will also give you the same demo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFx2eV8q8VY
                I've got the same problem. After taking the base cover off, adjusting the cables and observing the operation I reckon something else is in play here. The catches release when the seat back is folded partway but then re-engage as the back continues to the fully folded position. Must be by design to re-lock the seat when the backs are folded flat only and and not being rolled forward.

When new, the seats fold with an easy motion. They lose that as the gas ram ages and loses pressure. It's that gas ram that lifts the seat out quickly. If it's just to be folded but not rolled forward, the pressure of the operator pushing it down re-locks the seat.

So now I need to get new gas rams to prove my theory. Cheers.

Comment

• dvrpaj
                  • Aug 2016
                  • Sydney

No, the gas struts, new or worn don't seem to influence the unlocking operation.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X