• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paulisok
    • Oct 2009
    • Brisbane North Side

Warranty Items

Hi
    Don't get me wrong I love my NT and would buy another. I have only had minor front brake rotor warping machined under warranty at 25000K. But it really annoys me when I read of others that have issues and can't get warranty on things from a company that advertises and preaches as having the best new car warranty.

I would like everyone to list what has gone wrong when and if they got it repaired under warranty or not. Please don't make it an emotiional splean venting thread, just list the facts, if it was repaired under warranty, if not the short reason they said no. It would make a nice thread to point mitsubishi to after it gets a few posts and to show the inconsistencies in their warranty interpretations.

I will start
    Front brake rotors warped at 25000k, was told by dealer machining was covered up to 30000k and they did it for me at 30000k service that I got done at 29750k.

"Don't argue with an Idiot
    They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience"

2009 NT GLX 3.2 DiD Auto, Ironbark, MM Alloy Bull Bar, TJM Classique Side Steps, Fogs, GME TX3440 UHF, Dual Battery, Pajero Sports Roof Racks, DIY Rear Storage, Fridge, Tint, Tow, and loviin it.

Considering Mods; OME Sports Suspension, Snorkel
  • TheTaipan
    Banned
    • Jan 2009
    • sydney

Mate I have had a few things done under warranty, brakes not being one of them. Up to 142,000K's now and still running the original rear pads.

Really not prepared to list them but I have NEVER been knocked back for warranty.

I think it comes back to the relationship you have with the service 'adviser' 'manager'.

I have a great one.

Comment

• matt777
      • Apr 2010
      • Sydney

Im still trying to get my Bluetooth voice quality fixed.
      No one can here me clearly.
      Im keep getting blown off and they tweak the settings saying that will fix it!

Will try again as soon as I muster up the energy

Comment

• brett
        Valued Member
        • Jun 2007

Rear inner CV boot got a tiny less than 1cm split in it causing it to leak grease, fixed under warranty at around 25K.

Front discs warped at 20K, mitsubishi flatly refused warranty saying discs aren't covered. Got it done myself for $40, but the attitude of Mitubishi has left a very sour taste in my mouth. And it will take a while to go away, let's hope it's gone when I decide to trade.

Comment

• CeeJay
          Valued Member
          • Sep 2008
          • Samford, QLD

Rear offside diff seal repaced at 45,000km no drama at all.

2008 NS DiD GLX, ARB bar, Warn winch, BFG ATs, Bilstein/Lovell 2" lift, Milford barrier, VMS GPS, Rhino platform rack, Uniden UHF, Mobile 1 antenna, MMA tow bar, DIY dual battery system, Outback rear storage, Bushskinz bash plates x 3, custom steel sliders, Airtec snorkel, Narva HIDs, Ironman awning, ERPS, Glind hot water

Comment

• David Anderson
            Valued Member
            • Aug 2007
            • Albury

I've had a few things fixed under warranty and lately the dealer here in Mudgee has been great.

Manual gear box problems - turned out to be the oil.
            Clutch loosing feel - fixed - not sure what it was.

Rattles in the steering wheel - loose airbag mount.

Back door jam - one under warranty and one I paid for - all my fault, though it seems a little weak given the weight.

I would agree with Tiapan, the relationship with the service manager is important and it's worth keeping things friendly.
            09 NT GL manual.

www.twigwater.com - My fly fishing blog.

http://www.dsaphoto.com

Comment

• WogsRus
              Valued Member
              • Sep 2008
              • Hobart Tasmania

yeah friendly, if thety treat me like morons, i'll treat them like muppets
              HAD 2007 NS GLX Pajero, 3.8L grunt, ex Cop,

NOW 50th Anniversary Simpson Edition Poootrol wit some fruit

"Speed doesn't kill. It's the sudden stop at the end"
              "Live everyday as if it was your last, and some day it will"

Comment

• Pickle
                Administrator
                • Jun 2007
                • All over Oz

Originally posted by WogsRus View Post
                yeah friendly, if thety treat me like morons, i'll treat them like muppets
                Wogs, trust me you are digging your own grave
                But hey, why not go all the way and name the dealer. Only six inches left, but do you really want to do it this way. Either way I get to pat down the mound or deliver the eulogy.
                It's the 4wd code of ethics here matey ....tread lightly.
                Dave
                NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• WogsRus
                  Valued Member
                  • Sep 2008
                  • Hobart Tasmania

grave dug and filled six times, i was simply stating how it use to be, since higher power have become involved, it has been much more pleasant and i have no issues with the dealer as such.

Quote stands however.
                  HAD 2007 NS GLX Pajero, 3.8L grunt, ex Cop,

NOW 50th Anniversary Simpson Edition Poootrol wit some fruit

"Speed doesn't kill. It's the sudden stop at the end"
                  "Live everyday as if it was your last, and some day it will"

Comment

• Dazza.
                    Valued Member
                    • Aug 2009
                    • Northern Territory

I had my two rear brake pads, discs and rotors completely stuffed at 16,000km's.

Initially Mitsubishi said no to warranty because it had mud on the underside of the vehicle and even said that "its not reasonable use" and they hit me up for over $900. I kicked up a stink and reminded them that it's actually a 4x4 vehicle - they eventually said they'd honor the warranty as an "act of good will" given the very low amount of kilometres.

Credit when credit is due - once head office got involved they honored the warranty.

About to have it go back in for the bonnet catch not releasing, the clutch making weird sounds (as though there is air in the lines - see here: http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...426#post129426) and a broken exhaust bracket causing the exhaust to bang against by aux tank.
                    COOL SILVER MY10 NT DID GLS MANUAL PAJERO - Colour Coded ARB Deluxe Bullbar - Warn X9 Winch - 60L Auxiliary Tank - Towbar - HID Lightforce Spotlights - DIY dual battery system - TX3440 UHF - Lovells/Bilstien suspension - BushSkinz bash plates - Driver with a passion to explore Australia

Comment

• jasper361
                      • Sep 2010
                      • Eatons Hill

Originally posted by matt777 View Post
                      Im still trying to get my Bluetooth voice quality fixed.
                      No one can here me clearly.
                      Im keep getting blown off and they tweak the settings saying that will fix it!

Will try again as soon as I muster up the energy
                      Have they replaced the Mic? that fixed mine after people kept complaining of how tinny i sounded.
                      2019 Y62 Ti Patrol
                      MY15 NX Exceed - Ironbark. - SOLD
                      Bash plates, Bilstein/kings, GME XRS330c

Comment

• Evan
                        • Dec 2008
                        • Sydney

Broken Steering Wheel replaced at 20k service under warranty, front discs warped and repaired under warranty at 25k

Still fighting to get a refund on new rear brake pads done at 10k service. Service advisor at Castle Hill Mitsubishi accused me of spinning the rear wheels like a HOON and causing the TRACTION CONTROL to activate more often, causing the rear pads to wear. Asked him to show me how to do a BURN OUT in a 2.5 tonne DID Pajero and he wouldnt.........!!!!!!!!!!!

Although they have been good with most of my issues, the Service team at Castle Hill Mitsubishi are very condescending.....

Cheers
                        Evan

2008 NS Exceed V6 Gunmetal Grey - Nudge Bar, IPF 800XS, TowBar - SOLD
                        2009 NT Exceed DID Gunmetal Grey - MM Alloy bullbar, IPF 800XS & Towbar - SOLD
                        2010 PB Challenger XLS.

Comment

• Mantis
                          • Aug 2007

Just thought I'd chime in here and say how important it is to keep up a good relationship with your service manager..

I've been very lucky and dealt directly with my service manager whenever possible, whether it be any issue with his mechanics or staff or even in general about problems I had with my ex ML Triton (And there were quite a few warranty issues) or how happy I was with everything he and his team did with getting my new NT Pajero ready to go at short notice..

I've always felt I've been at a point where I feel comfortable talking with him about anything that's going on with the vehicles I've had go through his workshop, it's a credit to him and the dealership I go through (Blue Ribbon Motors in Ipswich QLD, I'm that proud, I had to even give a shameless plug..)

Well done to MMA for producing this kind of quality service.
                          MY11 3.2 DiD Warm White NT VRX, ARB Deluxe Bar, Dual Batteries, Compressor, Airtec Snorkel, Factory Diff Lock.

Coming Soon, Lightforce 210 Genesis Driving Lights, Brown Davis Aux tank and Sump/Transmission Guards, Rear Cargo Barrier.

Comment

• entropy
                            • May 2009
                            • NSW Lake Macquarie

Apart from the generally high cost of dealer servicing I have not one thing to report. Nothing has gone wrong with my shorty (to date). It's bewdiful
                            Current ride
                            Discovery 4 SDV6 HSE with factory diff lock.

Gone but not forgotten
                            NT SWB X DiD in Cool Silver

Comment

• FamilyMan
                              • Oct 2009

Where do I start?

I'll ignore the stuff that was broken by the morons in pre-delivery and they didn't tell me. I consider that was a problem with my selling dealer and not the product.

Since then...
                              The rear door stay was noted by the dealer as being stuffed when I complained about something else. He said I had closed it while it was locked which is nonsense. However, since I didn't have the sticker inside the rear window telling me not to shut it while locked, they put one in and replaced it. Warranty.
                              Broken rear hinging window catch. Apparently not warranty.
                              Headlamp bulb melted out through headlamp housing. Destroyed headlamp assembly apparently not warranty.
                              Broken barn door hinge noted by dealer on inspection. Apparently not warranty. I replaced it myself ($180) and no change to door operation. Money down the drain on bad advice.
                              Broken bump stop in rear suspension. Subsequent failure due to failure of rear shockies. Not warranty.
                              Broken welds in rear around wheel arches, bent floor pan, cracks in roof around back door when advised by dealer that failure of welds in the wheel arch area were non-structural and could wait until I returned home while travelling. Not warranty.

So as far as I have been able to ascertain, Mitsubishi only build perfect vehicles so nothing could be a manufacturing fault, hence there is no need for "the best warranty in the business".

The ACCC is taking in an interest in my experience. Potential buyers should take note.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X